What do you do about insurance?

barante

Posted (edited)

Two things are keeping me from cashing in my FCCs and booking another Princess cruise after two canceled ones.

One, I am petrified that if I fail a pre-cruise Covid test, I will be left eating the expense of a fully paid cruise and air for two people.

How do others handle this insurance dilemma?

The second holdup concerns Covid tests on arrival, say, after a trans-Atlantic. Will the final test on board satisfy the airlines so I can fly straight out, or do I have to stay extra days in country X to have a test performed there?

Please share your wisdom. Thank you.

Edited by barante

Hopefully you have seen this on the Princess site:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/covid-19-protection-program/

COVID-19 Protection Program

We’ve got you covered if COVID-19 upsets your cruise plans

This new policy within our Cruise with Confidence program provides reassurance if you are within 30 days of sailing, all the way through to disembarking from your cruise. It is designed to assist you if, as a result of being suspected of having or testing positive for COVID-19 or as a result of government travel restrictions put in place within 30 days of embarkation, you may be unable to travel to your cruise embarkation port, may be denied boarding, may be quarantined on board or disembarked early. COVID-19 Protection Program is available on all cruises sailing through December 31, 2021, for bookings made on or before September 30, 2021.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2021 at 5:26 PM, barante said:

Two things are keeping me from cashing in my FCCs and booking another Princess cruise after two canceled ones.

One, I am petrified that if I fail a pre-cruise Covid test, I will be left eating the expense of a fully paid cruise and air for two people.

How do others handle this insurance dilemma?

The second holdup concerns Covid tests on arrival, say, after a trans-Atlantic. Will the final test on board satisfy the airlines so I can fly straight out, or do I have to stay extra days in country X to have a test performed there?

Please share your wisdom. Thank you.

Do you use a TA or do you book direct with the line? We do both.  I certainly recommend getting insurance either with the agent or online direct. I can't recommend which company as CC will delete the post, but there are plenty of good sites. Do read reviews for each company to get a good feel.

30 minutes ago, rbtan said:

Do you use a TA or do you book direct with the line? We do both.  I certainly recommend getting insurance either with the agent or online direct. I can't recommend which company as CC will delete the post, but there are plenty of good sites. Do read reviews for each company to get a good feel.

Although you cannot mention specific TA's, people do discuss insurance in Princess threads.  Also, Agencies do not provide insurance themselves - they refer clients to various companies that sell insurance.