My BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag HOME TEST Experience

chamorroroots

If anyone lives in Ohio, the state gives these out for free. You can get them from most public libraries. If you go to Ohio.emed.com and click the “free test pickup”, you can find a list of locations. I asked my local health department and they happily gave me 4 of them no questions asked. 

17 minutes ago, wkucrprez said:

I ordered my test kits from Optum and gave one a test run yesterday morning (my cruise on the Horizon departs on Saturday). To be honest, I had a bad runny nose (otherwise I felt fine) and feared the worst so testing myself seemed like a good idea. 

I downloaded the app to my phone but decided to use my computer to actually perform the test.  After logging on to Emed, it took approx 20 for a proctor to join. He verified info and scanned test cards... then walked me through the test. He then signed off while the test processed for 15 minutes. At this point you acknowledge you're ready to proceed,  another proctor reads and reviews results with you. It was so easy. I had my .pdf of test results within 2 minutes of ending the results reading part of the test. As the OP showed,  the test results form prepared has all the required info needed to board. The QR code is instantly available on the app as well. 

I'm still planning to go to CVS to get a test done there... but if that falls through I know I have a viable back up. This is legit!

Do you get a full report to your email address? These apps on the phone are hard for me to read and move around, I want a printed copy to email so I can just print it out and not be dependent on the phone. Thanks for  your note...great help.

On 8/30/2021 at 7:42 PM, lookitsmikel said:

If anyone lives in Ohio, the state gives these out for free. You can get them from most public libraries. If you go to Ohio.emed.com and click the “free test pickup”, you can find a list of locations. I asked my local health department and they happily gave me 4 of them no questions asked. 

Hmmm  - Remember - there are two versions - one one with the Telemedicine Proctored "Home Test" will be acceptable for travel - NOT the "Self test" sold in stores

Make very sure you check this and have the correct version needed for travel verification..

It should say "Do not open until instructed to do so", and should have the NAVICA app and QR Code shown.

It should look like this 

image.png.d3cb1b04febcc2ae6d0eab5e4648073c.png 

I suspect the state gives out the less expensive "Self Test" so people can test at home quickly and easily. They would not be so interested in the added expense to support the travel industry needs.

Edited by RGEDad

10 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

Hmmm  - Remember - there are two versions - one one with the Telemedicine Proctored "Home Test" will be acceptable for travel - NOT the "Self test" sold in stores

Make very sure you check this and have the correct version needed for travel verification..

It should say "Do not open until instructed to do so", and should have the NAVICA app and QR Code shown.

It should look like this 

I suspect the state gives out the less expensive "Self Test" so people can test at home quickly and easily. They would not be so interested in the added expense to support the travel industry needs.

Just bought this from optum.  It doesn't have the "red Banner" but is a telemed ( emed) monitored test

eMed_-_C19_Testing_Everything_you_need_larger_text.jpg

On 8/31/2021 at 8:08 AM, wkucrprez said:

I ordered my test kits from Optum and gave one a test run yesterday morning (my cruise on the Horizon departs on Saturday). To be honest, I had a bad runny nose (otherwise I felt fine) and feared the worst so testing myself seemed like a good idea. 

I downloaded the app to my phone but decided to use my computer to actually perform the test.  After logging on to Emed, it took approx 20 for a proctor to join. He verified info and scanned test cards... then walked me through the test. He then signed off while the test processed for 15 minutes. At this point you acknowledge you're ready to proceed,  another proctor reads and reviews results with you. It was so easy. I had my .pdf of test results within 2 minutes of ending the results reading part of the test. As the OP showed,  the test results form prepared has all the required info needed to board. The QR code is instantly available on the app as well. 

I'm still planning to go to CVS to get a test done there... but if that falls through I know I have a viable back up. This is legit!

I wonder how it works if more than one person is being tested.  I am a retired nurse and have been asked by hubbs and the couple with whom we are traveling to do the test on all.

24 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I wonder how it works if more than one person is being tested.  I am a retired nurse and have been asked by hubbs and the couple with whom we are traveling to do the test on all.

Each person will have to start their own "session" and account for the test...so logging in and out of accounts and starting their own test session. You won't be able to get a guide on the screen and run through your whole party at once. 

I believe the only way you can swab someone else is if they are a minor child, etc and you "manage" their account under yours bc they are unable to do so on their own.  I'd prepare them to potentially have to swab themselves on camera. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RGEDad said:

It should look like this 

Yup, this is what the state of Ohio gives out for free! I also spoke to our health department director about this (I work for my local county), he said that the state did not provide any guidance on WHO they could be handed out to. The state wanted to make it as simple as possible to get them out into the community and didn't want libraries to have to police who did and didn't get them. 

I do agree that they probably were not intended for travel outside of the state, however they encourage use for coming back in. They also hand these out to colleges and to be used prior to big events. Regardless, they give them to anyone that asks it seems like. 

Covid Test.jpeg

Edited by lookitsmikel

On 8/30/2021 at 4:42 PM, Linsuesue said:

I just found these at my local Walgreens in Arizona. They are $23.99 for a box of 2 tests. I am thinking these will fulfill our requirements for a Covid test. The clerk said these fly off the shelves so I bought a couple hoping they will do. 

13068827-B06D-45BF-BD0F-7AFF3746FAB1.jpeg

These are not cruise line approved. There is no proctoring with these versions. It is just a home test. I thought the same thing and returned them after I verified they are not usable for cruising.

7 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

For anyone that has done the eMed version, can you share (with pertinent information blocked out) that it has all the information Carnival requires on the results sheet?

It's in the OP's video at the very end. He shows you the app results and the PDF.  It's got everything

Here’s the link to my video. Please Subscribe, Like (or not), Comment: https://youtu.be/gdewvrKGPwM

1343E765-5C05-4CA9-BCB1-E33488A554A5.jpeg

https://youtu.be/gdewvrKGPwM

Edited by BroadwayGirl
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

These are not cruise line approved. There is no proctoring with these versions. It is just a home test. I thought the same thing and returned them after I verified they are not usable for cruising.

Yes, many people thankfully told me that I got the wrong test. I too took them back. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

It's in the OP's video at the very end. He shows you the app results and the PDF.  It's got everything

Here’s the link to my video. Please Subscribe, Like (or not), Comment: https://youtu.be/gdewvrKGPwM

https://youtu.be/gdewvrKGPwM

Thank you. Just watched it before you posted. I saw all the info at the end that Carnival requires!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ellusionz said:

I don't know if I missed it in this thread, but where does Carnival show it accepts the home kits? And has this changed with the recent updates to their policies? Just don't want to buy something that ends up not being allowed. Thanks!

If you read Carnival’s home testing guidelines the home proctored tests meet all of the requirements.

20 minutes ago, wkucrprez said:

Just passed my at home test... ready for my flight to Miami in the morning. Ready to get back on a cruise ship Saturday morning.

Please report back on your experience if you can. Many in this thread would love the reassurance you got on your cruise

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, debnrick said:

I received a test kit from our health department. It doesn’t have a “prescription” like I’ve heard mentioned. What exactly does the “prescription” mean? Does this mean my test won’t be accepted by Carnival?

95372A62-6A36-410E-9812-402110D0E982.jpeg

You have the correct test.  The home tests needs to be proctored by tele-health.  That is (in part) what the Navica app is for.  SOme states/insurances require a physician prescription, others don't. I was able to buy online because my home state (Georgia) doesn't require a prescription.  

17 hours ago, wkucrprez said:

Just passed my at home test... ready for my flight to Miami in the morning. Ready to get back on a cruise ship Saturday morning.

Screenshot_20210902-221154_NAVICA.jpg

Was there a certain time to "sign in" to do the test?  Or was tele-health available 24/7.  Thanks!