Princess new protocols till Oct 31 on cruise

jpj39

1 hour ago, jpj39 said:

Will you still sail or cancel? With the latest  princess sailing protocols effective Aug 15-Oct 31 2021

We're booked Nov. 3, on the Regal, Southampton to Ft. L., & May 11, on the Grand, Alaska. If they set sail we'll be on them. 

2 minutes ago, 1965 said:

We're booked Nov. 3, on the Regal, Southampton to Ft. L., & May 11, on the Grand, Alaska. If they set sail we'll be on them. 

Will the TA cruuse go ahead, given the CDC ruling that 14 days has to elapse between cruises in international waters and allowing US passengers on board?  I can see Regal ( and Sky) re-positioning empty. 

25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Will the TA cruuse go ahead, given the CDC ruling that 14 days has to elapse between cruises in international waters and allowing US passengers on board?  I can see Regal ( and Sky) re-positioning empty. 

I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe that's just as well. 😁                                                      OK. I just googled & now I do know what you're talking about. Oh dear!

Edited by 1965
  • Like 1

Yes!! Sailing Sunday 😁😷 vaxed, tested, and all masked up!! Will repeat in December if certain areas within USA don't take this seriously. Its no biggie.  Free antigen test with results in 15 minutes - 1 hr, already vaxed, just a little worried about Florida

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

If I read correctly it says the ruling pertains to ships whose home port is outside the US. The Regal home port is Ft. Lauderdale, I think. So maybe we're ok. Or maybe I misunderstood the ruling. 🤞

40 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Ombud where are you getting your antigen test? before you get there or at pier?

I got my test at CVS Minute Clinic in Walnut Creek bc it was free-to-me. Would have been $65 at the lab in Martinez. I did not want the expense of flying + hotel only to be turned away

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, 1965 said:

If I read correctly it says the ruling pertains to ships whose home port is outside the US. The Regal home port is Ft. Lauderdale, I think. So maybe we're ok. Or maybe I misunderstood the ruling. 🤞

Actually, the homeport is the port you're sailing from. So, in this case, the Regal's homeport is Southampton. They're trying to work something out with the CDC regarding the transatlantic crossings, i.e. let them sail across with passengers and THEN do the 14 days without passengers, but you should probably keep a close eye on this. Keep in mind that if the conditional sail order is allowed to expire at the end of October then it will be a moot point, but with Delta raging I don't see that happening in just two months. 😞 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

Delta raging I don't see that happening in just two months. 😞 

Positivity rate is already dropping here so that's a possibility  ..... plan for the best / prepare for the worst (masks) / settle in between. Vaccination, negative antigen test, mask some places but hoping to wander on our own 

(most excursions on December 2021 cruise are with Princess just 1 stop on my own)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Positivity rate is already dropping here so that's a possibility  ..... plan for the best / prepare for the worst (masks) / settle in between. Vaccination, negative antigen test, mask some places but hoping to wander on our own 

(most excursions on December 2021 cruise are with Princess just 1 stop on my own)

I'm in Florida... 'nuff said. I hope they do rescind it and let the cruise lines handle it in their own way, which will still probably require testing and masks. We sail (after Majestic next month) in February from Rome. I'm just hoping that the EU doesn't decide to close its doors to US residents before then. 

Edited by TinaLee
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jpj39 said:

Will you still sail or cancel? With the latest  princess sailing protocols effective Aug 15-Oct 31 2021

Princess cancelled our 2021 cruises. Will decide at final payment for our 2022 cruises 

We're booked on the Sky for November 20, final payment is in a few days, and last-ditch cancellation is late October thanks to Princess's current cancellation policy. If the mask and testing regime, scheduled to end 31 October, is still in place by our cancellation date and there's no formal notification it's ending, we'll definitely be cancelling. Testing, masks and the possibility of enforced quarantines are no vacation for us. We'll keep our fingers crossed that our February trip will still happen under rules we can sail with

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:
2 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

before you get there or at pier?

FYI: No tests are being offered at the pier.

Well  This was frustrating. I typed this all out and then it evaporated. So I'm doing it all over again.

NOT EXACTLY 

Last Thursday I dashed all over contacting 10 pharmacy's to try to get a rapid covid test. I finally found minute clinic. Then somebody on our rolled call posted the University of Washington will come to wherever the person is, even the pier. There are a number of labs & practices that are stepping in and filling the need in Seattle. 3 possibilities were there. Now gone. Like my post. Anyway sort of the idea that "wherever there is a dollar to be made it will be made."

Fast forward to yesterday. When I read that test could come back inconclusive I wanted a backup plan just in case. Within 10 minutes I found 2 facilities within 8-12 miles that would do a rapid PCR test THAT DAY and I could have results before my flight. Of course they were not free like Minute Clinic. The cost is $65 to $250 . The point is there are even more available now. I find it hard to believe that this is only in central Contra Costa County

Edited by Ombud

Thanks for the info Ombud.  Our cruise is Oct. 23, so obviously we will be going thru this as well.

I really have No problem with it either.  With Delta variant, us vaxxed folks can catch it too.

So the more testing & masking that happens, the safer we will all be. 

Were used to it, and don't mind.

• Like 2