Jump to content

MITSUGIRLY was in Aruba for 15 days!!!


mitsugirly
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are scheduled to sail on the Carnival Dream this coming Sunday. I pulled up your Dream review from 2013 to see what you thought of it. It was an interesting comparison reading your current Aruba review at the same time as this one from when Sakari was only 5. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 2:27 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are scheduled to sail on the Carnival Dream this coming Sunday. I pulled up your Dream review from 2013 to see what you thought of it. It was an interesting comparison reading your current Aruba review at the same time as this one from when Sakari was only 5. 😄

 

Oh my, yea I'd say she has changed quite a bit. 😄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gappleby said:

Hi Kim

The day 12 link at the top of the page takes me to day 7.  Thanks. 
 

Thanks for letting me know and if any other links are broken or go to the wrong place please let me know. I have fixed that link (but you won't see it until I'm done with the day I'm working on now and it's published). Did you try some of the other pages to see if it would take you there or the bottom of that page link?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks. It works now. The bottom links rarely work for me but that’s probably because I’m not clicking in the right place. I just scroll to the top and use those links. 
 

Great review. Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Gappleby said:

Thanks. It works now. The bottom links rarely work for me but that’s probably because I’m not clicking in the right place. I just scroll to the top and use those links. 
 

Great review. Thanks. 

 

You have to click on the picture beside the words. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mitsugirly said:

This was a very hard day for me to write. I wrote it with tears in my eyes. It's still a very difficult chapter that lingers with me. I dreaded getting to this day with everything in me. 😞

 

 

 

Number-15-island.png.11093e194d327280398fbc4eec8ed00a.png

Ok now im worried 🥴 am i gonna be reading something thats gonna make me cry!? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

This was a very hard day for me to write. I wrote it with tears in my eyes. It's still a very difficult chapter that lingers with me. I dreaded getting to this day with everything in me. 😞

 

 

 

Number-15-island.png.11093e194d327280398fbc4eec8ed00a.png

Oh no.....will have to read this as soon as I get home from work tonight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I've been following your page and just want to thank you for another amazing review. It was heartbreaking to read about Sakari. What have the doctors said? Is she improving at all? I hope she has an awesome school year and things start to get better. I work in mental health, and being a teen is difficult enough. Throw in the pandemic and it's only worse. It doesn't matter that we've been dealing with this for over a year and a half. Time doesn't make it easier. I'm thinking of Sakari and your family ❤ Side note, it's awesome to see you being able to be so active. I know it can't be easy, but it's been amazing to see you come so far. I know you used to try and travel during Thanksgiving. Any plans this year? I did a full vaccinated cruise on The Gem at the end of August, and it was such a great vacation. Amazing crew, half capacity ship, and no masks on board. I can't recommend it enough, and I know you need that ship! 😁

Edited by AKR2011
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 9:23 PM, mitsugirly said:

This was a very hard day for me to write. I wrote it with tears in my eyes. It's still a very difficult chapter that lingers with me. I dreaded getting to this day with everything in me. 😞

 

Ok, awful but I'm glad you're working with her to give her the support she needs.

 

On a separate note, I'm glad to see you doing well after I was off the boards for a year and a half!

 

     --bruce T.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2021 at 7:23 PM, AKR2011 said:

I've been following your page and just want to thank you for another amazing review. It was heartbreaking to read about Sakari. What have the doctors said? Is she improving at all? I hope she has an awesome school year and things start to get better. I work in mental health, and being a teen is difficult enough. Throw in the pandemic and it's only worse. It doesn't matter that we've been dealing with this for over a year and a half. Time doesn't make it easier. I'm thinking of Sakari and your family ❤ Side note, it's awesome to see you being able to be so active. I know it can't be easy, but it's been amazing to see you come so far. I know you used to try and travel during Thanksgiving. Any plans this year? I did a full vaccinated cruise on The Gem at the end of August, and it was such a great vacation. Amazing crew, half capacity ship, and no masks on board. I can't recommend it enough, and I know you need that ship! 😁

 

Thank you so much and glad you enjoyed the review. 

 

Sakari seems to be a little better but she is still loosing weight. We are trying to work through things however, we were just thrown for another loop...Sakari was sent home from school 2 weeks ago to quarantine because she was exposed to a child in her class with COVID. Well, she did have a small cough and dry throat and off and on weakness and tired but said she was ok. We thought she just had a cold. Fast forward to last Thursday and the hubby ended up with the same symptoms but worse. Aching legs, arms and ribs, watering eyes and redness, headache...yep, he tested positive for COVID. Sakari and I are off to get our tests tomorrow. UGH! 

 

We were trying to plan something in December but everything is up in the air at the moment. I'm unsure of what this world will be like by then with the COVID and flights and vaccination status and all. We may not be going anywhere unless we drive, which I truly hate!

 

We are truly missing cruising... but won't be able to. Not vaccinated and no plans to do so. Just too many unknowns and being in the medical field...I hear a lot of scary things. 😞

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Btank said:

 

Ok, awful but I'm glad you're working with her to give her the support she needs.

 

On a separate note, I'm glad to see you doing well after I was off the boards for a year and a half!

 

     --bruce T.

 

Wow Bruce, where ya been? I hope everything has been good. I have pretty much been off the boards as well. It's been pretty slow over here so...as you can tell, I've just been doing land vacations instead. I hope you have been well and healthy. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2021 at 9:52 PM, mitsugirly said:

 

Wow Bruce, where ya been? I hope everything has been good.

Things fine, just laying low and not travelling.  We just got back from a land vacation - flew into ATL, drove through DC to Delaware, and flew out of Philly.  We're returning to cruising on Liberty of the Seas in December!  I'm really digging this retirement thingie. 😁

 

      --bruce T.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Btank said:

Things fine, just laying low and not travelling.  We just got back from a land vacation - flew into ATL, drove through DC to Delaware, and flew out of Philly.  We're returning to cruising on Liberty of the Seas in December!  I'm really digging this retirement thingie. 😁

 

      --bruce T.

 

 

That's awesome! I hope you have a wonderful cruise and happy retirement life! 😄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good news is that Sakari and I tested negative for COVID. So, it's just the hubby in his isolated room. He's going stir crazy and gets let out of his jail on Saturday. Meanwhile...my house is constantly spotless like a 5 star hotel (bored outta my skull without him) and he's getting served 3 meals a day on a serving tray and snacks. Mask up like an alien, drop at the door and run for cover. Living the good life but yet not. LOL  He's still requesting a bell and I'm still denying that! As I'm writing this, the 70's song "I will survive" is blaring in my head and we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank goodness that was the only light we would see this time around. 

 

Everyone stay healthy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...