Jump to content

Club Class Dining


dave_k58
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

 Got it, thanks - shows on second saved cruise, must be sold out on first.so regular Aft Balcony is $2,748 for two an CC Mini Mid Ship would be $3,898 - seems like a lot just to be seated quickly.

Yes, it is!

 

And, because it is part of a dining room rather than a separate venue, we found it to be very loud.

Edited by pms4104
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Yes, it is!

 

And, because it is part of a dining room rather than a separate venue, we found it to be very loud.

We liked the better attention to detail. Others may think it's overpriced. Choice, I guess, is up to the individual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Yes, it is!

 

And, because it is part of a dining room rather than a separate venue, we found it to be very loud.

On the Star it was tucked away on one side of the dining room. We found it generally quiet. If you're talking about a Royal class ship. I can't say, but considering the size of the ship...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rbtan said:

On the Star it was tucked away on one side of the dining room. We found it generally quiet. If you're talking about a Royal class ship. I can't say, but considering the size of the ship...

This was on the Ruby, 2nd half of b2b, in a suite for only that segment.

 

When I mentioned to our server that it seemed loud, her response was "It's the clientelle this sailing."  Huh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pms4104 said:

This was on the Ruby, 2nd half of b2b, in a suite for only that segment.

 

When I mentioned to our server that it seemed loud, her response was "It's the clientelle this sailing."  Huh?

We were on the Regal in 2016 on a B2B. The first week was a raucous crowd of fans(hundreds)for the Panthers(Superbowl week) My spouse called it a Trailer Trash Jamboree. I hate saying it, but he was right. Never saw such a loudmouth foul dressed group of drunken louts on any cruise in our lives. By the second leg, they were gone & the cruise was great. If they had been on both segments, we never would have sailed Princess again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2021 at 4:45 PM, Tedferg said:

Where do you see Club Class as an option ? We have two Saved cruises Ruby Oct 31 2021 and Majestic Feb 24 2022. I do test bookings and do not see an option for Club Class.

It sells out really fast.  Keep checking - occasionally they pop back up

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen 50+ people lined up for regular dining rooms, while we stroll into the Club Class section.  I'm less patient as I get older and this is worth the $$$.  Plus, the crew members in Club Class are stellar!

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BabsinTX said:

I've seen 50+ people lined up for regular dining rooms, while we stroll into the Club Class section.  I'm less patient as I get older and this is worth the $$$.  Plus, the crew members in Club Class are stellar!

 I couldn't have said it any better LOL! We feel one of Princess's greatest assets is their amazing staff. Their warmth is so genuine.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2021 at 5:30 PM, stevenr597 said:

When we book Princess we go Club Class. 

When we book Celebrity we go Aqua Class

 

Thank you. We have sailed Aqua once, and I was wondering how Club Class compares. We really loved Blu for dining, and enjoyed the Persian Gardens, especially since we had quite a few sea days. 

The 67% more Captain's Club points over a standard balcony are nice, as well.

 

Obviously, a cordoned off area and a few extra menu items aren't the same as a separate dining room, but we are considering it for a future cruise. Of course, on Princess, there's the larger cabin. How do you feel the two classes compare? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Thank you. We have sailed Aqua once, and I was wondering how Club Class compares. We really loved Blu for dining, and enjoyed the Persian Gardens, especially since we had quite a few sea days. 

The 67% more Captain's Club points over a standard balcony are nice, as well.

 

Obviously, a cordoned off area and a few extra menu items aren't the same as a separate dining room, but we are considering it for a future cruise. Of course, on Princess, there's the larger cabin. How do you feel the two classes compare? 

Remember the size of a mini suite or full suite is larger than a balcony cabin plus a sofa 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Thank you. We have sailed Aqua once, and I was wondering how Club Class compares. We really loved Blu for dining, and enjoyed the Persian Gardens, especially since we had quite a few sea days. 

The 67% more Captain's Club points over a standard balcony are nice, as well.

 

Obviously, a cordoned off area and a few extra menu items aren't the same as a separate dining room, but we are considering it for a future cruise. Of course, on Princess, there's the larger cabin. How do you feel the two classes compare? 

My wife and I feel that the Aqua Class is still a step above.  Separate Dining room, more upscale menu, and superior service.  But we do like Princess and feel that the Club Class is a nice alternative. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

My wife and I feel that the Aqua Class is still a step above.  Separate Dining room, more upscale menu, and superior service.  But we do like Princess and feel that the Club Class is a nice alternative. 

 

Blu is a nice rest. I do fi nd the larger size of the CC cabins to quite a bit larger than Aqua Cl. cabins. Not sure if that's the same on the new ships. A sky suite on the Equinox is quite a bit smaller than on some of the other ships in Celebrity's fleet.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, franktown said:

I enjoy Club Class but do wish it had it's own dining room.  I would expect that we might see that on future builds.

Maybe, but it's been around for awhile and new ships have been built in the interim.  I agree that it needs its own private space.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, malcliz said:

If you have a Club Class mini suite can you have breakfast at Sabatini’s and if so is there a charge?

No. Only passengers in full suites can have breakfast @ Sabatini's. No one else, no guests. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kay S said:

Maybe, but it's been around for awhile and new ships have been built in the interim.  I agree that it needs its own private space.

Probably won't happen until the last few Royal class ships have been built.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were in Club Class on the Majestic last week.  They didn't do any of the dishes prepared within view due to Covid restrictions so they were only offering a special entree each evening.  I tried most of the ones that were offered when we were there but my favorite was the Mahi Mahi with pesto / vegetable linguini the first night.  It had to be one of the best meals I've had onboard.  Other nights they had surf and turf, lobster thermador etc.  It was especially nice to be in Club Class for this sailing as the lines for the MDR were long at times, so being able to be seated immediately for breakfast, lunch, and dinner was a nice feature.  Plus we chose to be seated with the same waitstaff each evening so that made the experience all the more personal.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...