The Daily for Sunday August 15, 2021

richwmn

Need help from the knowledgeable folks here on the Daily.

Been having issues the last few days-disappearing posts, unable to like posts some times.  But yesterday I had major problems logging in.  The message was that my username or password was wrong.  The thing is I've had the same ones all along. Usually my devices log me in automatically, but when I've had to log in I've not had an issue.  But here is the problem.  When I couldn't get in I figured I'd change my password.  Well they were going to send a link to my email and that is when I realized there is an old email address in my profile.  It was my original email address, but it has been long gone.  And I can't figure out how to change it.  It's not clickable and I don't see an option to change it. I don't want to start over!  Help!!

St Louis Sal

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Aloha kaikaina!

I was wondering how you and David like your E Bikes? 

Love to you and have an Aloha day! 

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Hi Joy!

We got Raleigh e-bikes which we really enjoy! A lot of fun. A lot of companies around Kaanapali and Lahaina are now 

renting them out! You and Allen should check them out to rent when you come here next July! 
❤️Denise😊

• Like 5

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Just minutes ago I spoke with Brenda by phone.  She was crying when I got her on the line and said the hospital had called at 8:30 and said Copeland's heart had stopped beating.  He has gone to his reward in heaven she said.  We are shocked and deeply saddened to hear this.  I really expected him to get better and come home.  Poor Brenda won't know what to do without him there - she said he'd lived with them for 20 years since her Mother had passed on.  DH used to spend lots of time sitting and chatting in the garage with him and he couldn't believe it when I told him.  Brenda is still not feeling well and has some fever lingering unfortunately.  She also said her eldest brother is in the hospital and not expected to live much longer.  Yes, Covid.

So please pray for them as they go through this trying time.  🙏

So sorry to hear this.  Prayers coming your way.  Refresh my memory.  Was Paul living with Brenda and Copeland?  Is there still anyone in the house with Brenda?

Roy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, I was only able to read a little bit before we had to leave for church, but I was able to include Copeland, Brenda's brother, and of course, Tana, in my Mass intentions.   More and more I'm feeling that masks are a must!   I was amazed that so few were wearing masks in the church, there were "foreign" cars in the parking lot - Alberta and California, and people are mixing everywhere.  

The people of Afghanistan should be in our prayers, too.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

So sorry to hear this.  Prayers coming your way.  Refresh my memory.  Was Paul living with Brenda and Copeland?  Is there still anyone in the house with Brenda?

Roy

Paul and Brenda are a married couple both 70 years old.  Brenda's Dad Copeland has been living with them for about 20 years.  Paul and Brenda bought the house next door to me in December of last year and they all lived together in the home.  Copeland had his own bedroom with a jack and jill type bathroom, so he also had access to the second guest bedroom for his desk and office set up.  It was a very nice set up for him so he could have plenty of privacy.  Copeland was friendly and would sit out in the open garage like I said before, so people walking by would wave and get to talking with him.  He's made lots of friends in this short period of time.  He loved having so many people to talk to, because before they lived in a huge home out in the country, far from the road.  He would have to drive their golf cart down to the road and sit there to wave to people going by.  Bless his heart!

So now it's just Paul and Brenda there, and yes Paul is taking care of her.  He's still tiring easily from his own bout with Covid.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Been having issues the last few days-disappearing posts, unable to like posts some times.  But yesterday I had major problems logging in.  The message was that my username or password was wrong.  The thing is I've had the same ones all along. Usually my devices log me in automatically, but when I've had to log in I've not had an issue.  But here is the problem.  When I couldn't get in I figured I'd change my password.  Well they were going to send a link to my email and that is when I realized there is an old email address in my profile.  It was my original email address, but it has been long gone.  And I can't figure out how to change it.  It's not clickable and I don't see an option to change it. I don't want to start over!  Help!!

St Louis Sal

The email thing is a problem.  I hadn't checked my CC account until recently because, like you, I was having problems.  I discovered my email address is long defunct.  There is a help area in CC that instructs to email them to request a change of email address.  I did that around 10 days ago and nothing has happened.  My fear is that they sent the obligatory "permission" email to the old address -- which I have no access to anymore.

I'm not much help here.  What I'm thinking of doing is just opening up a new account with a new user name so I can have the correct email.    If I do that, I'll certainly give heads up here on the Daily.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I think this is another of El Brujo glacier, January (might have been early February) 2019. We were there early morning, if I remember, facing directly into the sun. DH was incredibly patient and as we were sailing away, he was able to take a series of pictures with the sun just barely behind a cloud. 

An incredible trip on the Zaandam.

Best wishes to all Dailyites, and especially to the care list and a cheer for the celebrations.

Chilean fjords Jan 2018.jpg

• Like 16

1 minute ago, CruiseMGM said:

I think this is another of El Brujo glacier, January (might have been early February) 2019. We were there early morning, if I remember, facing directly into the sun. DH was incredibly patient and as we were sailing away, he was able to take a series of pictures with the sun just barely behind a cloud. 

An incredible trip on the Zaandam.

Best wishes to all Dailyites, and especially to the care list and a cheer for the celebrations.

Chilean fjords Jan 2018.jpg

Stunning photo, Cheryl.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Just minutes ago I spoke with Brenda by phone.  She was crying when I got her on the line and said the hospital had called at 8:30 and said Copeland's heart had stopped beating.  He has gone to his reward in heaven she said.  We are shocked and deeply saddened to hear this.  I really expected him to get better and come home.  Poor Brenda won't know what to do without him there - she said he'd lived with them for 20 years since her Mother had passed on.  DH used to spend lots of time sitting and chatting in the garage with him and he couldn't believe it when I told him.  Brenda is still not feeling well and has some fever lingering unfortunately.  She also said her eldest brother is in the hospital and not expected to live much longer.  Yes, Covid.

@StLouisCruisers very sorry for your loss.  Prayers for for neighbors and to you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Thank you Rich for today's daily and Roy for the care reports and celebrations.

Interesting quote.

Not keen on the food and drink.

We have been to church this morning and celebrated The Blessed Virgin Mary.

These days we are all for relaxation especially on a ship.

It is a wet and cold 57°F now at the beach.

Take care and please stay safe everyone.

Graham.

16290260731103826117095769006605.jpg

IMG_20210815_115854.jpg

Screenshot_20210815_120420.jpg

Screenshot_20210815_120636.jpg

Graham, you are so kind.  I'm new to the daily, and each day you post kind thoughts and wonderful pictures and just share.  I always enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your spirit.  I've never been to the Lake District, but have been around other parts of England.  My dad was born in Bolton, but I've never visited there, either.  Thank you for your daily contributions!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good afternoon, I was only able to read a little bit before we had to leave for church, but I was able to include Copeland, Brenda's brother, and of course, Tana, in my Mass intentions.   More and more I'm feeling that masks are a must!   I was amazed that so few were wearing masks in the church, there were "foreign" cars in the parking lot - Alberta and California, and people are mixing everywhere.  

The people of Afghanistan should be in our prayers, too.

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sandi @StLouisCruisers I am so sorry to hear about Copeland. Such a sad thing to happen. Prayers for the family and friends. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

@StLouisCruisers very sorry for your loss.  Prayers for for neighbors and to you.

Thanks to all.  Your warm thoughts and prayers mean so much to us.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

St Louis Sal

People have reported problems with signing in for the last bit on and off.

CC HelpJenn says her team is working on it.

But, since you are posting here, I’m guessing you were able to log in today? 😉 

I would email CC Help or CC HelpJenn and ask if they can change your email on record so that you don’t have this issue down the road.  Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

The email thing is a problem.  I hadn't checked my CC account until recently because, like you, I was having problems.  I discovered my email address is long defunct.  There is a help area in CC that instructs to email them to request a change of email address.  I did that around 10 days ago and nothing has happened.  My fear is that they sent the obligatory "permission" email to the old address -- which I have no access to anymore.

I'm not much help here.  What I'm thinking of doing is just opening up a new account with a new user name so I can have the correct email.    If I do that, I'll certainly give heads up here on the Daily.

I wouldn’t worry or change your name right now.  You are posting so you are good.

Don’t use the automated system.  Email CC Help or CC HelpJenn to ask them to change your email on record.  I see no way to change on the record (I went to check and tried).

Other option for both of you - go to the HELP forum and start a thread asking how you can get your email changed.  I’m betting CC HelpJenn answers and it will be addressed.

That’s all I can think of.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

I would email CC Help or CC HelpJenn and ask if they can change your email on record so that you don’t have this issue down the road.  Hope this helps.

I wouldn’t worry or change your name right now.  You are posting so you are good.

Don’t use the automated system.  Email CC Help or CC HelpJenn to ask them to change your email on record.  I see no way to change on the record (I went to check and tried).

Other option for both of you - go to the HELP forum and start a thread asking how you can get your email changed.  I’m betting CC HelpJenn answers and it will be addressed.

I did follow the instructions there with CC HelpJenn, and emailed to request they change my email address.  It is funny that one cannot update the email in "Account."  Usually that's an option.  

As you say though, not urgent.  We are here and able to post.  I have had some fun, though, thinking up new "handles."  I gave all of two seconds' thought to picking out the one I've got.  Ancient Mariner was of course already taken, so I went to plan B.  lol

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yes. Call for CC help. Back in 2009 there was a person who had a very close screen name to my old one. The person was acerbic and nasty. I requested a total name change explaining my situation and CC HELP fixed me right away. 

• Like 8

Just now, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

@Seasick Sailor

Aloha Kaikaina ❤️
Sis I forgot to give this info to you!

Just incase! 
image.thumb.jpeg.2edf72eb99378b71d3bf06e957b2ad87.jpeg
Have a great evening my sweet sister! 
Hug Allen

Denise😊

Thank you Denise! Hopefully they have a 3 wheeler for Allen since his stroke can't ride a 2 wheeler. 

Are you and David taking the Tahiti cruise this year?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Thank you Denise! Hopefully they have a 3 wheeler for Allen since his stroke can't ride a 2 wheeler. 

Are you and David taking the Tahiti cruise this year?

🌺No Joy! It is 18 day R/T Hawaii Cruise!!

Let’s see since you and I departed you to Mexico then to Tahiti us through Panama Canal we have had 4 cruises one to Tahiti all cancelled so we booked this one! Feb-Mar is Caribbean and Panama Canal home. I am bound and determined to get my A— s on HAL! CVS minute Clinic does PCR and Antigen tests so if still needed it will be easy. 
Let’s get the boosters👍
Love ❤️ 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So sorry. I know he meant a lot as a neighbor and friend. 🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺No Joy! It is 18 day R/T Hawaii Cruise!!

Let’s see since you and I departed you to Mexico then to Tahiti us through Panama Canal we have had 4 cruises one to Tahiti all cancelled so we booked this one! Feb-Mar is Caribbean and Panama Canal home. I am bound and determined to get my A— s on HAL! CVS minute Clinic does PCR and Antigen tests so if still needed it will be easy. 
Let’s get the boosters👍
Love ❤️ 

Oops. I thought you two were taking the cruise we were on that was cancelled last year. Still a GREAT cruise around Hawaii. (You could probably get a job for that duration knowing all the islands!!)

Hoping for boosters ASAP. Allen will qualify before me (heart valve replacement) but I may get in before our next cruise. Our 4th sis from Poway will be doing a vacation with our girls and their guys, named Jon, Jonathan and John.. over holiday so Allen and I decided on the Rotterdam Holiday cruise from Dec 12 to Jan 2nd. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So very sorry to read your post, what a shock for you and DH.

Our sincere condolences to you, your DH and to Copeland's family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1