Just checked in

tyler6597

On 8/21/2021 at 3:35 PM, uktog said:

Thats not good - how are people for next weekend going to get their paperwork?  I wish them good luck and hope it does not give them any issues during their travel

We can't. Nor boarding times. Jut going to have to turn up at the pier and hope. They haven't sent through the promised email on testing either. 

57 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

We can't. Nor boarding times. Jut going to have to turn up at the pier and hope. They haven't sent through the promised email on testing either. 

Oh dear sorry you are having that unnecessary stress - its putting us off a further booking on Azamara just now

22 hours ago, uktog said:

Oh dear sorry you are having that unnecessary stress - its putting us off a further booking on Azamara just now

Thank you. If everyone here hadn't been so positive about the onboard experience, I might have abandoned the cruise fare and cancelled. It has been very stressful - far more than my first pandemic cruise, or my first mid-pandemic international holiday. On both occasions, the companies provided very clear information beforehand. 

However, Azamara have finally (after almost 2-weeks) fixed the issue with check in and I have just been able to obtain a boarding time and my boarding pass. This may be because I've only just got access, but the first time available was 3pm, which is a lot later than the customer helpline said. I think I saw someone on a later cruise say that was the first they could get too. They're available in half hour slots.  

Edited by Huntingdon1701
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Just in case you hadn't spotted it, they've auto-ticked the health statement now and you can progress to getting your boarding pass and boarding time. 

Thanks. I just gave it a go and it's worked this time (last I tried an hour ago and it didn't). So all set 👍

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

However, Azamara have finally (after almost 2-weeks) fixed the issue with check in and I have just been able to obtain a boarding time and my boarding pass. This may be because I've only just got access, but the first time available was 3pm, which is a lot later than the customer helpline said. 

I checked in on the day it opened and the earliest available time was 3:00-3:30.  So you were not penalized for the delay.  Many have reported that is the only time frame that is available. 

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, laurieb said:

I would imagine that as the cruise gets closer that they will reassign check in times

Kind of messes up transfer arrangements.  They did that on our recent MSC cruise and it was chaotic.  Many couldn’t rearrange their arrival times and felt they’d lost out on time aboard

We are on the 10/10 sailing and when we originally checked in it also gave us 3-330 - after reading the above - went back in and now and many other times later just nothing earlier than 3-330 - Agree that if everyone was given the 3-30 time could be so busy - so maybe choosing something later or waiting to see if earlier spots open closer to sail date

I'm not going to worry about the check in time. I remember that even before covid it was always much earlier boarding than advertised anyway. I suspect with abundant caution Azamara are making sure people don't arrive too early, what with additional cleaning that will now be required. 

I think we need to wait and see how it pans out with the first few cruises and for reports to come back from those on actual boarding time in practice. If we all have to be a little bit more patient for what the hard working crew need to do then so be it. I've waited this long to get back on the ship. Another two or three hours isn't going to kill me!  It's not as if it's a huge ship and I doubt they will be sailing full. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm not going to worry about the check in time. I remember that even before covid it was always much earlier boarding than advertised anyway. I suspect with abundant caution Azamara are making sure people don't arrive too early, what with additional cleaning that will now be required. 

I think we need to wait and see how it pans out with the first few cruises and for reports to come back from those on actual boarding time in practice. If we all have to be a little bit more patient for what the hard working crew need to do then so be it. I've waited this long to get back on the ship. Another two or three hours isn't going to kill me!  It's not as if it's a huge ship and I doubt they will be sailing full. 

Phil 

I agree Phil. 

For me, the important thing is they get all the cleaning activities completed in full and in detail, so if it’s 3pm before boarding, that would be fine.

But don’t suddenly say as MSC did oh you must now come early.  On our trip with them, folks were allocated 1500 and 1600 then a few days before told you have to come for 1200.  At the Liverpool embarkation they changed it to a 1000-1300 only time window.  Some people had to change all their travel, hotel and transfer plans to hit the testing on time. 

So, I’m with you, if I’m going to go, the timing is fine and let’s just leave it as is. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, uktog said:

I agree Phil. 

For me, the important thing is they get all the cleaning activities completed in full and in detail, so if it’s 3pm before boarding, that would be fine.

But don’t suddenly say as MSC did oh you must now come early.  On our trip with them, folks were allocated 1500 and 1600 then a few days before told you have to come for 1200.  At the Liverpool embarkation they changed it to a 1000-1300 only time window.  Some people had to change all their travel, hotel and transfer plans to hit the testing on time. 

So, I’m with you, if I’m going to go, the timing is fine and let’s just leave it as is. 

Yeah, I heard about it. It was very unconvenient. I mean, as long as you know exactly what the schedule will be you can plan ahead of time to have all of your work done. In this case, it seems almost impossible 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

It's on Saturday. It can't get much closer. 

For you, yes that is close!  For the rest of us on the thread who are also wondering, most of us have more time.

I suppose you could always show up earlier in hopes of boarding earlier, so long as you have a back up plan to spend some time in case you cannot.

On 8/23/2021 at 3:09 PM, uktog said:

Kind of messes up transfer arrangements.  They did that on our recent MSC cruise and it was chaotic.  Many couldn’t rearrange their arrival times and felt they’d lost out on time aboard

The alternative is 690 people all trying to embark at the same time. That would be chaos squared. 

6 hours ago, Jim in OR said:

The alternative is 690 people all trying to embark at the same time. That would be chaos squared. 

I think you misunderstand me.  I have no problem at all being allocated a time, makes perfect sense to me but Laurie suggested they might change them all to earlier nearer embarkation and having experience of that on another line I said please no that brings chaos. 

If I’m cruising I want to know the time early enough (and certainly not the week before) and that the cruiseline (and importantly I ) stick to that time, no changes that messes up transfer plans.  

You certainly also don’t want to chance going a lot earlier, standing outside in the current heats of Athens would almost certainly guarantee you fail the temperature checks! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LT Hambone said:

Well - that's weird.

I was able to check-in last week, now it says "Check-in unavailable".

Is anyone else seeing this?

Me, too.  I checked in about two weeks ago, but have been waiting for e-docs and luggage tags.  Maybe they're updating that now, or possibly it's a website technical issue?

We are on the 18th September sailing.  Our TA got the guest ticket book for us, which has the luggage labels in.  However, we do not have a boarding time and haven't been able to complete the online check-in.  When I try now it also says Check-in closed.  Hopefully they are still trying to clear the bug in the system.