Menu Choices in Luminae

Gatordad1967

I am sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but was unable to find an answer.  

I have seen the menu in Luminae.  Some nights there is really nothing that grabs my attention as something I would eat.  Do they have a kids menu with like chicken fingers?  I know, lame right, but eat what you like.

Pete

Just now, jelayne said:

I believe Luminae has a kids menu, not sure it has chicken fingers however.

The sure do.   I've had them myself as well as the Petite Filet.     The  Children's menu is the same in the Main Dining Room, Blu and Luminae.

26 minutes ago, Gatordad1967 said:

My apologies, it is for the Edge, I guess my caffeine hasn't kicked in.

LOL....

I know the feeling.    On the Edge Class ships Lulminae  has a dedicated kitchen which is on Deck 12 and the Main Dining rooms are on Deck4    --- too far to be able to get dishes off the main  menu

I am quite the "picky eater" and have often struggled to find anything on the menu that appeals at least "as is." While I will be experiencing Luminae for the first time in a few days on the Millennium, I can speak to my experience in the MDR on previous sailings. Each evening after dinner, I would go over the next day's offerings with my waiter and we would come up with a "planned meal" that would always be perfect. Might be a combination of one entre with a different side, perhaps sauce on the side. Sometimes a big shrimp salad with just the things I liked, etc. I have sailed on many cruise lines and have found Celebrity to be the most accommodating when it comes to meals. Just nice if you give the staff a bit of notice when you want "special." Also the children's menu on Luminae has a 4 oz fillet -- might ask for 2 for a meal!

Edited by sherylc

14 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

From what I've read on Edge they do have "everyday" choices besides the normal Luminae menu.  I believe it includes a steak, a chicken dish and salmon  or something similar

We ordered off the secret menu last month , escargot is also included, just ask waiter , also French onion soup.

22 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

From what I've read on Edge they do have "everyday" choices besides the normal Luminae menu.  I believe it includes a steak, a chicken dish and salmon  or something similar

You are correct.   I believe these everyday items are available in all dining rooms.

22 minutes ago, sherylc said:

I am quite the "picky eater" and have often struggled to find anything on the menu that appeals at least "as is." While I will be experiencing Luminae for the first time in a few days on the Millennium, I can speak to my experience in the MDR on previous sailings. Each evening after dinner, I would go over the next day's offerings with my waiter and we would come up with a "planned meal" that would always be perfect. Might be a combination of one entre with a different side, perhaps sauce on the side. Sometimes a big shrimp salad with just the things I liked, etc. I have sailed on many cruise lines and have found Celebrity to be the most accommodating when it comes to meals. Just nice if you give the staff a bit of notice when you want "special." Also the children's menu on Luminae has a 4 oz fillet -- might ask for 2 for a meal!

The restaurant manager will work with you on dietary needs and special request.     With 24 hours notice they can do incredible things.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/camp-at-sea/kids-menu

Main Dining Kid’s Menu

Starters
Caesar Salad
Crudités Hummus, Ranch
Tomato Soup Basil, Focaccia Croutons

Entrees
Spaghetti Bolognese
Mac and Cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Mini Margarita Pizza
Fish Fingers Lemon Parsley Mayonnaise
Cheese Burger* with Fries
Grilled Filet Mignon*(4oz) Mashed Potatoes

Desserts
PB&J Sundae
Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk
Ice Cream and Sorbet
Selection Tropical Fruit Trifle

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

The sure do.   I've had them myself as well as the Petite Filet.     The  Children's menu is the same in the Main Dining Room, Blu and Luminae.

LOL....

I know the feeling.    On the Edge Class ships Lulminae  has a dedicated kitchen which is on Deck 12 and the Main Dining rooms are on Deck4    --- too far to be able to get dishes off the main  menu

Perfect.  We have not been on Celebrity in quite  number of years.  Always liked them but the stars never aligned .  We are doing Eastern Carib on 9/25.  Love this route.  Nassau, St. Thomas and Maarten.  Spend an hour in Nassau, and full days in the other two ports.  The rest is relaxing on the ship and unwinding.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gatordad1967 said:

Perfect.  We have not been on Celebrity in quite  number of years.  Always liked them but the stars never aligned .  We are doing Eastern Carib on 9/25.  Love this route.  Nassau, St. Thomas and Maarten.  Spend an hour in Nassau, and full days in the other two ports.  The rest is relaxing on the ship and unwinding.

Sounds like us we didn’t get off ship in Nassau last month , love the other ports.

11 minutes ago, CTKath said:

What are vegetarian options in Luminae (that isn’t always pasta)?  We’re on the Reflections first cruise back in November!

Speak with the Restaurant Manager he will work with you.   We had one who was Indian and we had some friends that loved curries.   He cooked a curried dish most nights for the table in addition to what the chef prepared.  

He  will usually sit with you each night to decide what you would like the next night. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gatordad1967 said:

I am sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but was unable to find an answer.  

I have seen the menu in Luminae.  Some nights there is really nothing that grabs my attention as something I would eat.  Do they have a kids menu with like chicken fingers?  I know, lame right, but eat what you like.

Pete

Not sure about a children's menu but they do have at dinner standard appetizers, main course and desserts that you can get every night such as escargot, French onion soup, baked chicken, and apple pie.  Ask your server to tell you about that, but those standard choices are only available at dinner and are not on the menu.  Loved the French Onion Soup!

As I recall there is a vegetarian main dish option every night in Luminae. We found the side veggies to be very small servings, so we had our waiter bring us sides of any other green vegetable available each night. Usually got spinach or asperagus. Very good.

On our cruise on the Summit, the rest of my table had Chicken Korma made for them.  Also, they gave me the macha cake from LPC one night (long story how I messed up what night we went).

They also adapted the Luminae burger for us regularly (I think my sister had it every sea day).

Edited by abbydancer

On 8/16/2021 at 11:38 AM, Jim_Iain said:

The restaurant manager will work with you on dietary needs and special request.     With 24 hours notice they can do incredible things.

Agreed - that is the key.  If you are on an Edge class ship in Luminae or Blu (or any ship for that matter) ask to see the next day's menu.  If you can't find something that appeals, in all likelihood you will be able to work with them to come up with an alternative.