Non-refundable cabin rates?

I booked a "cheap" cruise on a guarantee for a balcony.  I was given a good cabin but now I could get a rate that is $75.00 cheaper but I have a non-refundable rate and I've been told that because it's non-refundable I can't change it.  Can't get OBC, can't get a refund for the difference.  It doesn't seem correct but is it?

TIA

Every rate I've booked the terms were clearly stated so I knew before I booked.

My vista was booked early saver. It is the only rate where you can price match after final pay,met. From what you say I'm assuming you are past final payment.

My breeze, first leg was booked the cheers included rate which was a drop dead rate, non refundable, and clearly stated cannot price match after final payment. The base rate has dropped and obc additional offered. I told my ta my cheers rate is getting more expensive for those drinks. Lol

Only early saver can price match after final payment.

I told my TA NEVER book a rate like this again.  She told me to stop looking at the deals Carnival is sending.  The cabin that is next to ours I could have booked last night for $189 instead of the $349 we paid.  I'm just sick and 1/2 hope I test positive on Monday so I can cancel and rebook later for a longer cruise!

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I can't see where that is Carnival's fault.

Did I every say it was?? I either wasn't told or didn't pay attention when faced with the non-refundable fare. Either way, live and learn, I will never get a fare that can't be changed in the future!

All the cheaper rates are non refundable imo. The few that are refundable will cost more. 

Early saver is non refundable but can match to lower rates almost right up until you sail but if want to cancel  .. it's also non refundable. If you want that lower rate you would have to agree to the deposit being nonrefundable.  

I dont think carnival has rates that after final payment you can cancel without a penalty. They got you imo whichever way you turn. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

All the cheaper rates are non refundable imo. The few that are refundable will cost more. 

Early saver is non refundable but can match to lower rates almost right up until you sail but if want to cancel  .. it's also non refundable. If you want that lower rate you would have to agree to the deposit being nonrefundable.  

I agree. Max you lose under ES is $50 NRD pp up to final payment date.

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

Are you talking rates? or deposits? Not sure how a rate can be non refundable since they dont give you a rate back?

Pretty sure they're talking about being locked in after final payment. Fares are dropping to fill the ship.

On 8/17/2021 at 4:23 PM, I Luv Crusin said:

I booked a "cheap" cruise on a guarantee for a balcony.  I was given a good cabin but now I could get a rate that is $75.00 cheaper but I have a non-refundable rate and I've been told that because it's non-refundable I can't change it.  Can't get OBC, can't get a refund for the difference.  It doesn't seem correct but is it?

TIA

Look at it this way. Say they sold half the ship at the fare rate you paid. They raise and lower rates after final payment to spur bookings or increase profits. Fares could have increased, a lot, above what you paid. You wouldn't volunteer to pay more at check-in, would you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mondello said:

Look at it this way. Say they sold half the ship at the fare rate you paid. They raise and lower rates after final payment to spur bookings or increase profits. Fares could have increased, a lot, above what you paid. You wouldn't volunteer to pay more at check-in, would you?

This is how I feel also. Either book ES or don’t worry about prices after final payment. Precovid prices normally increased as sailing approached anyway, and they never came back and asked us for more money!

• Thanks 1