FCC - WTH?! Help!

Hi all. I got £75 FCC for a cancelled sailing last year. I’m not too familiar with how it works. Went to book a U.K. anthem cruise and entered the code, it was accepted (no money was deducted off the payment), I figured they manually had to check the amount and refund it or something.

I just got an email saying the certificate cannot be applied as the booking is paid for.

I’ll go call them in the morning. But any advice/help would be appreciated!

thx!!!

2 minutes ago, johnnylikely said:

Hi all. I got £75 FCC for a cancelled sailing last year. I’m not too familiar with how it works. Went to book a U.K. anthem cruise and entered the code, it was accepted (no money was deducted off the payment), I figured they manually had to check the amount and refund it or something.

I just got an email saying the certificate cannot be applied as the booking is paid for.

I’ll go call them in the morning. But any advice/help would be appreciated!

thx!!!

That is correct  It can't be applied to a paid in full booking

29 minutes ago, johnnylikely said:

But how do I book online? As it gave me a box to enter the code im confused- can I use it on a regular booking? Thx all

It would be better this be handled via a call to ensure it’s applied correctly. 

Just now, ChC said:

I had the same issue. I called RCCL but was bounced between different departments to no end. I emailed the department in the rejection email. Now it has been 5 days. Not a single reply. 

I am considering next cruise booking to be on other lines. It is £250 for me. And the whole thing is debacle. Considering I am booking directly online with RCL and RCL saved at least £50 from agent fees. 

I am almost cursing RCL at this moment but I am scheduled to sail within 10 days so I am telling myself not to let this have a negative impact on my cruise.

After the cruise however, I am considering throwing that FCC away and not set foot in RCL ships for a little while, pending on deals and personal circumstances. But I did have a gap of 4 years not cruise with RCL in history due to something else. So not cruise with RCL for another 4 years is not difficult for me.

Yeah, I am pissed off.

Have you tried the live chat option? I just went on there and they were v helpful...

So annoying tho!

5 minutes ago, ChC said:

No. But my case is more complicated than yours. My FCC was issued in Australian dollars in a South Pacific sailing. So stupid me went to Australian website to book the cruise to avoid issued like foreign currency conversion.

Call centre said I should call Australian office at 9am Sydney time. And here I am in Europe...

I figure it is too much trouble so I did not do anything. But please keep me posted I may try live chat. However, the live chat can only do so much. I talked to call centres in US, International and UK. None can help. Some even can not see the booking!!

Oh gosh complicated- I hope u get it- they offered the FCC so they could keep our custom (I originaly wanted a refund as I don't usually sail much with rccl), they should honor it.

defo give live chat a go, the guy said he'll request  refund, I'll find out in a month i guess lol