Zoom internet question

I have tried to find an answer on the RC site, but can’t.  We are on allure on 9/19, 4 people in two cabins.  If I purchased zoom for 4 devices, can the devices be for either cabin or is it limited to the cabin that purchased? Right now it is 50% off and I want to take advantage of that as long as devices in both cabins can use it.  

thanks in advance.

From my experience it's limited to the cabin that purchased it and "device" is based on name+cabin.

So you could have 4 name+cabin logged in at once, but all 4 would have to be in the cabin that the package is linked to.

I don't know if there's a way to work across linked cabins or not.

45 minutes ago, Cookmb said:

If I purchased Voom for 4 devices, can the devices be for either cabin or is it limited to the cabin that purchased?

The login to use VOOM on a four device package can be used by ANYONE across ANY four devices at the same time regardless of how you bought it. Confirm with everyone that you indeed need four devices online at the same time - otherwise you can buy a fewer device package and share.

• Like 3

When we get D + 24HR Internet connection we share the one log in .the other device would get cut off whenever the second one logged in. Works across the ship depending on distance from next repeater was . What cabin you have has nothing to do with Internet connection as the repeater in the passageway services many cabin's. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

What cabin you have has nothing to do with Internet connection as the repeater in the passageway services many cabin's. 

I think the OP was talking about cabin occupant use of VOOM, not physical cabin location use.

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think the OP was talking about cabin occupant use of VOOM, not physical cabin location use.

Correct, I’m not concerned about location on the ship.  If I am understanding this correctly, as long as we are not all online at the same time, we could get by with just one or two lines, and just share the logins.  Is that accurate?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cookmb said:

Correct, I’m not concerned about location on the ship.  If I am understanding this correctly, as long as we are not all online at the same time, we could get by with just one or two lines, and just share the logins.  Is that accurate?

Yes, it's not at all tied to the device, but the login account (name+cabin)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Cookmb said:

On Adventure a few months ago they had you create a username when you logged in for a cabin for the first time (which they used your name+something else to confirm you are you.)  Once you created a username/password you were able to select how you'd like to purchase your internet access.  One of the selections, if you chose it pre-cruise, was "Pre-purchased Plan - X Devices".  Select that and off you go.

The potential risk in purchasing the internet plan for just one cabin to save money is that someone in either cabin could select the wrong option, thus charging the room for 1 internet connection despite having ample connections available.  This is more user error or lack of reading comprehension, but since it's people in a different room they wouldn't be able to easily notice this error and get it corrected, since they can't see the room charges from their phone app and/or on their TV.

EDIT:  One other potential inconvenience I thought of is if the person(s) in the 2nd cabin have more than the expected # of devices (i.e. two phones + 1 laptop, even though you only expect them to use 2 connections.)  In this instance if they do not go to the logout website that it tells you to go to, and they don't disconnect one device prior to attempting to connect a different device, they could boot one of the first room's devices to connect.  Again, this is mostly a reading comprehension or a lack of understanding issue, and will probably be noticed by whoever gets the boot 😛 .

Edited by TytalusWarden
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cookmb said:

We usually cruise with a group of 4 people. I always purchase a one device package and share it with the rest of the people in the group. As long as only one person is logged in at a time, you can share the login with as many people as you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KarimaJ said:

Hi all. I have not been on Royal in quite some time, but am thinking of booking a short 3-4 night cruise. I cannot find internet plan prices. Can someone post it please? 

You have to be booked already to see the price as it is specific to your sailing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

You have to be booked already to see the price as it is specific to your sailing.

Yes I realize that. Just wanted a general idea even if it’s a 7 night cruise. 

15 minutes ago, KarimaJ said:

Yes I realize that. Just wanted a general idea even if it’s a 7 night cruise. 

For my upcoming cruise the internet packages are currently on sale. The Voom Surf is $11.99 per day (regularly $17.99) and the Voom Surf and Stream is $15.99 per day (regularly $22.99). Multiply by 7 to get a general idea how much internet is for 1 device.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1