Jump to content

Convince me to upgrade to the Retreat


Matman1215
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Now that Celebrity is sailing 100% vaccinated for all passengers over 12 years old, the risk of catching Covid on board is much less than when you cruised in early August. I have a much much higher chance of getting Covid here at home where the un vaccinated are free to roam anywhere they want. We board the Equinox on Friday and my wife and I have limited our exposure outside of our home for the last 10 days. I have absolutely no fear of Covid while we cruise in our Sky Suite.

Exactly my thought on another thread.  Im going on the Edge out of FT Lauderdale and the end of Sept.  Will be getting my booster next week, I currently feel safe in my home area, but will feel just as safe at sea. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2021 at 8:46 AM, TeeRick said:

Strange title to your post.  I have no idea what it would take to "convince" you since I don't know your needs, likes and budget.    Why should anybody need to convince you to spend your own money?

I totally agree with you! That is like someone asking if I should take a cruise and will I like it.

Everyone has different reasons, likes, dislikes, etc.

Stay Safe! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Missymo said:

Exactly my thought on another thread.  Im going on the Edge out of FT Lauderdale and the end of Sept.  Will be getting my booster next week, I currently feel safe in my home area, but will feel just as safe at sea. 

How are you getting a booster next week? I read they were not available until September 20 and only after 8 months since second shot.  We have to wait until mid November which is when we qualify. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

How are you getting a booster next week? I read they were not available until September 20 and only after 8 months since second shot.  We have to wait until mid November which is when we qualify. 

High risk patients are already receiving boosters.  Target date for approval for others now Sept 30.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2021 at 2:35 PM, LGW59 said:

The way Celebrity sounds off about 'The Retreat'  Have you read any of the reviews on this board about people who are actually cruising right now?  How about their personal VERY positive experience in being in the Retreat, I love they way they sound off and cannot wait to experience it again.

 

there is not much for you to do being a 'peasant' cruiser.  Are you suggesting there is not much to do on board if one is not on the retreat?  If so, why would you cruise, if not, just because someone is not in the retreat, how do you equate that to being a peasant?  🙄

 

We took this cruise because of the itinerary. Several months later, Royal had almost the same cruise at about $1000 less. We can't switch the deposit from Celebrity to Royal. We will try Celebrity, but it sounds like Royal from now on where I figure normal everyday people cruise. Celebrity just seems so snobbish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Celebrity just seems so snobbish.

I think your first X cruise will change your mind about that.  We do find a distinction in the overall tenor aboard X and RCL ships, but snobbishness doesn't accurately describe it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

 

We took this cruise because of the itinerary. Several months later, Royal had almost the same cruise at about $1000 less. We can't switch the deposit from Celebrity to Royal. We will try Celebrity, but it sounds like Royal from now on where I figure normal everyday people cruise. Celebrity just seems so snobbish.

 

I don't know.  "Royal" sounds just as snobbish as "Celebrity".  Maybe more so.  🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

I think your first X cruise will change your mind about that.  We do find a distinction in the overall tenor aboard X and RCL ships, but snobbishness doesn't accurately describe it. 

Please pass the Grey Poupon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

 

We took this cruise because of the itinerary. Several months later, Royal had almost the same cruise at about $1000 less. We can't switch the deposit from Celebrity to Royal. We will try Celebrity, but it sounds like Royal from now on where I figure normal everyday people cruise. Celebrity just seems so snobbish.

What is your definition of normal everyday people?  I have been on NCL, Carnival (never ever again) Celebrity and Princess.  My experience with the people on board has been almost always positive, but that said I have seen the occasional jerk, just like I can anywhere in my daily life. Is it based on the feedback you see here re the Retreat on Celebrity?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

How are you getting a booster next week? I read they were not available until September 20 and only after 8 months since second shot.  We have to wait until mid November which is when we qualify. 

My Aunt got her 3rd shot (booster) earlier this week at a Safeway. She is immunocompromised. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Danke.  I will make an exception for a little Mittlescharfer with the right brats.

gerne geschehen  and snobs can eat whatever they want, as long as you use Grey Poupon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

 

We took this cruise because of the itinerary. Several months later, Royal had almost the same cruise at about $1000 less. We can't switch the deposit from Celebrity to Royal. We will try Celebrity, but it sounds like Royal from now on where I figure normal everyday people cruise. Celebrity just seems so snobbish.

 

Hi. We’re normal, ordinary people who made the switch from Royal to Celebrity years ago, after having having enough cruises on Royal to put us in one of the higher Crown and Anchor levels. We cruise in either veranda or concierge cabins, never in suites on either line. I looked at this thread because the title intrigued me.  I did want to tell you, though, that we’ve met very normal, nice people on Celebruty, and far fewer snobs or people who expressed entitlement than we ever did on Royal.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

 

We took this cruise because of the itinerary. Several months later, Royal had almost the same cruise at about $1000 less. We can't switch the deposit from Celebrity to Royal. We will try Celebrity, but it sounds like Royal from now on where I figure normal everyday people cruise. Celebrity just seems so snobbish.

After reading this thread, and I’d guess most All Celebrity threads through the years, and have cruised on 25 Celebrity cruises, I haven’t noted Any nobbishness or eliteism. Use to see people think it was a bit of that when X has more formal dining nights, but in truth, I never equated a sporks jacket with being a snob. Where are you seeig the idea/feeling ‘Celebrity seems so snobbish’. What am I missing? You are the only poster to mention anything about elitists or peasants. Not tracking this. 

 

But enough. I enjoy the older RCL ships, not the new huge ones, not because its full of ‘regular people’, but because I enjoy being on a ship that gives me the feel of actually being On a ship instead of trying to be NYC. Loved the entertainment, but just too much of too much for me. 

 

Once you get on board, I think if you aren’t working at trying to ‘see’ snobs, you’ll enjoy yourself. X doesn’t have the more ‘fun’ things RLC has, but is a very enjoyable experience. 

 

Hope you enjoy.

 

den

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

After reading this thread, and I’d guess most All Celebrity threads through the years, and have cruised on 25 Celebrity cruises, I haven’t noted Any nobbishness or eliteism. Use to see people think it was a bit of that when X has more formal dining nights, but in truth, I never equated a sporks jacket with being a snob. Where are you seeig the idea/feeling ‘Celebrity seems so snobbish’. What am I missing? You are the only poster to mention anything about elitists or peasants. Not tracking this. 

 

But enough. I enjoy the older RCL ships, not the new huge ones, not because its full of ‘regular people’, but because I enjoy being on a ship that gives me the feel of actually being On a ship instead of trying to be NYC. Loved the entertainment, but just too much of too much for me. 

 

Once you get on board, I think if you aren’t working at trying to ‘see’ snobs, you’ll enjoy yourself. X doesn’t have the more ‘fun’ things RLC has, but is a very enjoyable experience. 

 

Hope you enjoy.

 

den

I could be wrong but it seems that @baldilocks has never sailed on Celebrity.  He/she seems to be making their decision that Celebrity is filled with snobs, rather than normal everyday people.  How they came to that conclusion, only they know, esp if it was just from the CC threads.  Cest la vie, seems they will continue to enjoy RC, so good on them.  Just so much more appreciate open minds and less judgment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

By the way, if you are going to eat a brat, (or a hotdog), order two bags of peanuts! According to this chart, you’ll be just fine and gain an overall 16min of lifespan!!

 

4511B19F-6F19-4F24-90C0-46F94E119F2C.jpeg

Edited by Denny01
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I could be wrong but it seems that @baldilocks has never sailed on Celebrity.  He/she seems to be making their decision that Celebrity is filled with snobs, rather than normal everyday people.  How they came to that conclusion, only they know, esp if it was just from the CC threads.  Cest la vie, seems they will continue to enjoy RC, so good on them.  Just so much more appreciate open minds and less judgment.

What the heck is that??? Watch your language. I’m a sailor and I’m not use to such foul words!!

 

den

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...