MDR Seating Assignment

My wife and I will be on Anthem on for this years New Years cruise out of Cape Liberty. We are interested in not sharing a table with strangers on this cruise. Do any of you know with COVID protocols if they are putting parties together at tables? If they are, is there a way to request a table for 2 instead? We are not interested in eating with strangers due to COVID, otherwise we would love to share a bread basket with each and every one of you. 🙂

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, bassplyer said:

My wife and I will be on Anthem on for this years New Years cruise out of Cape Liberty. We are interested in not sharing a table with strangers on this cruise. Do any of you know with COVID protocols if they are putting parties together at tables? If they are, is there a way to request a table for 2 instead? We are not interested in eating with strangers due to COVID, otherwise we would love to share a bread basket with each and every one of you. 🙂

Thanks! 

We always select MTD and they always seat us alone.

Currently they are not seating people not on the same reservation together - so not dinner with strangers at the table presently.

When will that change - who knows, but chances are strong I suspect that it will remain in place through early 2022.

Reduced pax count makes it easier to space out things and I am sure they prepared with more 2 tops knowing majority of cruisers will be couples with a few linked parties. 

We were seated with strangers on our Adventure sailing in June. They were a lovely young couple but we were very surprised. We got there first on the first night and they had the four of us sitting right next to each other at a large table. I asked to have space between the place settings for social distancing, which they did moving forward. I have no idea why we were seated with another party when there were plenty of empty tables. They couldn't have been nicer and we all tested negative at the end. With cases on the rise now even among the vaxxed I would probably ask to be re-seated in that situation. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bassplyer said:

Thanks! 

We always opt for MTD and on the rare occasion we eat there (we prefer the WJ) we just ask for a table for two...never a problem.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bassplyer said:

Thanks! 

If you already have booked and not requested a 2 top when you board make your request. The most of the MTD 2 tops are so close that you wish you were at a table for ten with only two cupples .just saying. 😇

• Like 2

The two tops were about a foot apart pre-covid . We always book my time dining two top as you dont have to wait for the rest of the people around you to get their food before you start eating.

We always end up chit chatting with the others beside us and they seem to be the same people most nights if you go at the same time.

I suspect they may space the tables further apart now , to social distance . 

I wont know for sure though as i wont cruise until this covid is a distant memory.

We have MTD and have our reservation for 4 linked to my brother’s of 2.  I made our nightly reservations together.  Can I assume they will seat us together at a table for 6? As opposed to a table for 4 and a separate table for 2?

Just got home from my Ovation cruise.  We were always sat with just the 4 of us.  Never asked even if we wanted to sit with others.  Most of the time tables were spaced out from others.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Email  rcldining@rccl.com,  two or three weeks before sailing with your request

This is what I have always done when I have had a specific table request. RCI has always accommodated me, giving me what I have requested. I usually email them 6 - 8 weeks prior to my cruise.