LIVE Geoherb's Solo Cruise on Majestic Princess, August 22, 2021

geoherb

Sailaway was nice. I started off on the Promenade Deck and moved up to the Lido in time to see the singers and dancers do a few numbers. Dan is still the CD on this cruise. 

I enjoyed the Platinum, Elite, and Suite cocktail event in the Hollywood Conservatory. It's a great venue for the event. There was just one server for the food, so it took a little bit of time and the line got a little long. They had the usual list of drink specials. I had a Deep Sea--one of the blue Curacao drinks. It was tasty. That and the mojito are my go-to drinks. 

There was a great turnout for the LGBT meeting at the Crown Grill Bar. There's a group of eight friends traveling together. Most of them live in Florida, but one couple is from South Carolina. Around a dozen more showed up--too many for the space.

I went to the 7:00 show of comedian Carlos Oscar. He was funny. I had time to go back to my cabin before my 8:00 reservation for dinner. I had a table by myself but right beside two couples from West Virginia--close enough to talk with them. I enjoyed the seared garlic prawns, gravlax of wild Alaska salmon, and cod over warm lentil salad. I was disappointed in the flourless chocolate cake. It was not as dense as it has been in the past. They also had it in the buffet on the Lido Deck. It was better up there. (For research purposes, I had to try it to see.) I was in and out of the dining room in 40 minutes. It was not crowded at all. Tomorrow night will be the first formal night. I'm sure more people will be there then.

It's after midnight back home, so I'm going to bed now. My body will eventually adjust to the time change. Getting up at 5:00 this morning doesn't help.

20210822_163101.jpg

20210822_163415.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

Sailaway was nice. I started off on the Promenade Deck and moved up to the Lido in time to see the singers and dancers do a few numbers. Dan is still the CD on this cruise. 

I enjoyed the Platinum, Elite, and Suite cocktail event in the Hollywood Conservatory. It's a great venue for the event. There was just one server for the food, so it took a little bit of time and the line got a little long. They had the usual list of drink specials. I had a Deep Sea--one of the blue Curacao drinks. It was tasty. That and the mojito are my go-to drinks. 

There was a great turnout for the LGBT meeting at the Crown Grill Bar. There's a group of eight friends traveling together. Most of them live in Florida, but one couple is from South Carolina. Around a dozen more showed up--too many for the space.

I went to the 7:00 show of comedian Carlos Oscar. He was funny. I had time to go back to my cabin before my 8:00 reservation for dinner. I had a table by myself but right beside two couples from West Virginia--close enough to talk with them. I enjoyed the seared garlic prawns, gravlax of wild Alaska salmon, and cod over warm lentil salad. I was disappointed in the flourless chocolate cake. It was not as dense as it has been in the past. They also had it in the buffet on the Lido Deck. It was better up there. (For research purposes, I had to try it to see.) I was in and out of the dining room in 40 minutes. It was not crowded at all. Tomorrow night will be the first formal night. I'm sure more people will be there then.

It's after midnight back home, so I'm going to bed now. My body will eventually adjust to the time change. Getting up at 5:00 this morning doesn't help.

20210822_163101.jpg

20210822_163415.jpg

@geoherbYou spoke of a Platinum, Elite & Suite cocktail event.  The Menu you shared says "Elite Lounge.  Are these two separate things?  Who is welcome in the Elite Lounge?

Of course by going to bed on East Coast time, I wake up on it as well. My cabin steward brought me my upgraded bathroom amenities before dinner last night. When I asked about them, he let me know that they were out of the organza bags. I don't care about that. The main reason I wanted them was for the conditioner. He left me Le Mon "delicate spray," the luffa mitt, conditioner, emery board, and shower cap.

• Like 4

On 8/22/2021 at 2:02 AM, CynCyn said:

if possible, can you post pictures of the elusive room service menus?

Here are the room service menus from the TV. The items with charges are noted when you click on them. As you can see in the first photo, the cheese plate is $4. The sushi rolls are $12. The hummus dip is $4. Pizzas are $3. The steak is $19. Everything else is complimentary. I hope I did not miss any prices. I know there are some items I did not get in the screenshot, such as the 3-bean chili, a vegetarian sandwich, and more of the pizza choices. 

My favorite item when I was in quarantine on the Caribbean Princess in 2019 was the key lime pie. I also enjoyed getting the Caesar salad and adding the chicken fingers to it.

20210822_212403.jpg

20210822_212549.jpg

20210822_212648.jpg

20210822_212739.jpg

20210822_212805.jpg

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, voljeep said:

How is the bacon supply holding up ? Any rationing yet ?

Plenty of bacon at breakfast today, and it was actually crisp!

Geoherb, I can not believe you got in and out of dinner in 40 minutes. It took us just under two hours. Drink orders took 20 minutes or more. The server was running the whole time. Just too many tables for one server. I believe she had seven.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you for the Room Service menus.  I noticed there is a steak on there.  Did you happen to notice the price of that? I may need to try that one… for research purposes of course.

Post #59 above ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

They are going to go broke on that key lime pie when I board - that's my favorite dessert 🙂  Thanks for the posting - 

Besides room service is there a place on the ship where you can get it? Perhaps the buffet or international cafe?

1 hour ago, fabby50 said:

They are going to go broke on that key lime pie when I board - that's my favorite dessert 🙂  Thanks for the posting - 

I have never noticed the Key Lime Pie - can't wait to try it.    We usually do a dessert every three days or so.   But I will definitely try it in November.     

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoherb said:

Here are the room service menus from the TV. The items with charges are noted when you click on them. As you can see in the first photo, the cheese plate is $4. The sushi rolls are $12. The hummus dip is $4. Pizzas are $3. The steak is $19. Everything else is complimentary. I hope I did not miss any prices. I know there are some items I did not get in the screenshot, such as the 3-bean chili, a vegetarian sandwich, and more of the pizza choices. 

My favorite item when I was in quarantine on the Caribbean Princess in 2019 was the key lime pie. I also enjoyed getting the Caesar salad and adding the chicken fingers to it.

20210822_212403.jpg

20210822_212549.jpg

20210822_212648.jpg

20210822_212739.jpg

20210822_212805.jpg

Thank you!

Is there a sign about wearing masks in the gym or did you notice what most were doing?  I noticed on the Q & A, Princess mentions masks required for certain areas. Some are listed, but list seems open. Wondering if that includes gym. 

2 hours ago, FredZiffle said:

Plenty of bacon at breakfast today, and it was actually crisp!

Geoherb, I can not believe you got in and out of dinner in 40 minutes. It took us just under two hours. Drink orders took 20 minutes or more. The server was running the whole time. Just too many tables for one server. I believe she had seven.

We reserved 5:20 in Allegro and there was no line.  We had 3 courses and were about an hour.  There was a line when we left.

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

How is the bacon supply holding up ? Any rationing yet ?

Sort of. A guy at breakfast this morning ordered bacon with his eggs. They served him one slice. He said he usually gets enough for his wife to steal a piece. He asked the waiter for more. The waiter brought back a plate full. He got a couple of extra pieces and his wife got one.

9 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

Is there a sign about wearing masks in the gym or did you notice what most were doing?  I noticed on the Q & A, Princess mentions masks required for certain areas. Some are listed, but list seems open. Wondering if that includes gym. 

When I was there last night, most people were wearing masks. I did notice a couple of guys on the treadmills who were not. I prefer to get most of my exercising by walking. I was on the shady side of the Promenade Deck for a couple of miles this morning. The weather is beautiful. From the stern to as far as you can legally go was about 300 steps. In the narrow passages behind the lifeboats, there's just room for one person to walk. If you meet someone, one will have to yield to the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1