"Always Included" - Does it include "specialty, non alcoholic coffees like a latte, etc?

PaperSniper4

24 minutes ago, 39august said:

Can't you opt for the "sail only", or whatever X calls cruise without AI? I have seen it on line, I think under the "menu" option. 

The sail only option doesn't apply for our September 2022 Summit New England/ Canada cruise. 

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sorry to highjack, but wondering if freshly squeezed orange juice is included in the Classic Beverage?

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

Yes

17 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I was on another thread about this today.   I could only find a thread from 2016 that said it was no longer available.  Can someone confirm?

@jelayne replied that "yes", and, since she or he are experienced posters here, I have every reason to believe (and hope) that, indeed, the fresh squeezed OJ will be "free" 😁

10 minutes ago, 39august said:

I see "simply sail" under "menu" on the main X page.  Dani, is that not available to you?

First, thank you for trying to help me, I really appreciate it.

Second, I'm always using an online cruise agency based in Miami, and when I'm interested in a cruise, send an email to my trusted agent.

After more than 10 years, she knows that we don't drink, and always chose free grats/OBC instead of a beverage package. She told me [when I booked] that's the only option (wi-fi, grats and CBP).

Due to the language barrier, the high cost of phoning long distance (no 800 option for us) and the hours difference, I prefer to work with a TA, to which I can email all my queries....

I plan to ask her about the "simply sail" option when the final payment approaches.

Truth to be told, at this stage, I'm beyond caring about the AI or the "simply sail" --- I just want to cruise ASAP  😁 .... and I'm booked on Beyond 😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

First, thank you for trying to help me, I really appreciate it.

Second, I'm always using an online cruise agency based in Miami, and when I'm interested in a cruise, send an email to my trusted agent.

After more than 10 years, she knows that we don't drink, and always chose free grats/OBC instead of a beverage package. She told me [when I booked] that's the only option (wi-fi, grats and CBP).

Due to the language barrier, the high cost of phoning long distance (no 800 option for us) and the hours difference, I prefer to work with a TA, to which I can email all my queries....

I plan to ask her about the "simply sail" option when the final payment approaches.

Truth to be told, at this stage, I'm beyond caring about the AI or the "simply sail" --- I just want to cruise ASAP  😁 .... and I'm booked on Beyond 😉

dani, which Beyond sailing will you be on?

52 minutes ago, 39august said:

Can't you opt for the "sail only", or whatever X calls cruise without AI? I have seen it on line, I think under the "menu" option. 

Only for some cruises, none which I have been interested in.  Also, sail only forces  you to go with a guarantee cabin, which is a big negative.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Also, sail only forces  you to go with a guarantee cabin, which is a big negative.

I didn't know it, thanks for pointing this out !!! 👍

I'd never go with a guarantee, I like my "hump" cabins near the elevator, "thank your very much" 😁

7 hours ago, basenji56 said:

I always do that and wonder how many other guests do the same thing.  Can you imagine the space needed to store all of those mini-bar items?

We always have the mini bar emptied immediately so we can use it for our things as we don't drink alcohol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you.

We don't drink alcohol, so this whole "package" is wasted on us.

At least DH will save on his daily cappuccino, and I'll "splurge" on freshly OJ for breakfast 😉

The virgin piña colada’s are really yummy!

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@jelayne replied that "yes", and, since she or he are experienced posters here, I have every reason to believe (and hope) that, indeed, the fresh squeezed OJ will be "free" 😁

Well why don't you come back and let us know?

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

June 13rd, 2022 out of Rome. It includes Malta, which I had to "give up" on the previous Apex cancelled cruises....

Really hope you get a chance to visit this time.  We found the history and local pride in that history fascinating.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

Well why don't you come back and let us know?

Should we survive Covid until June 2022 and should the cruise sail as planned, I solemnly promise to get back to you and update 😁

BTW, the son of good friends of mine was work relocated to Raleigh 2 years ago.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you.

We don't drink alcohol, so this whole "package" is wasted on us.

At least DH will save on his daily cappuccino, and I'll "splurge" on freshly OJ for breakfast 😉

Also there are lovely hot chocolates, sparkling mint lemonades, Vitamin Waters, “virgin” cocktails, brewed iced teas, and many other drinks so you needn’t feel that your package is wasted.

20 hours ago, gold1953 said:

put in plastic bags, tied shut and tucked under your bed

22 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

They store them under your bed or in your closet.

My experience in places where I have used the minibar is that they get stocked regularly. If you simply stashed all the items away under your bed, doesn't the room steward just re-stock them the next day?? Seems like it's a way of risking a heafty bill also if you forget to return them. 😲

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Also there are lovely hot chocolates, sparkling mint lemonades, Vitamin Waters, “virgin” cocktails, brewed iced teas, and many other drinks so you needn’t feel that your package is wasted.

Wasted.

For us.

One cappuccino and one orange juice pp per day.

Mineral water and sparkling water -- galore.

Hello new to Celebrity but not cruising. I have Classic drink package as a perk  it shows premium coffees and just the word juices where on the Premium drink package it says premium coffees and premium juices. I have been told by Celebrity that to get the 8 non alcoholic Specialty coffees I would have to upgrade to Premium drink package or Premium non alcoholic package to get the non alcoholic specialty coffee and premium juices. I plan on downgrading to the Premium non alcoholic because I don't drink and I prefer the smoothies that's included. So my question is did Celebrity tell me correctly that I need a Premium Alcoholic on Premium Non Alcoholic package to get the Non Specialty Coffees from Café Al Bacio. I have a list of the non specialty and Non Alcoholic Specialty Coffees from Café Al Bacio  If anyone wants me to post just ask and I will . Thanks for your response

22 hours ago, justhavingfun said:

Hello new to Celebrity but not cruising. I have Classic drink package as a perk  it shows premium coffees and just the word juices where on the Premium drink package it says premium coffees and premium juices. I have been told by Celebrity that to get the 8 non alcoholic Specialty coffees I would have to upgrade to Premium drink package or Premium non alcoholic package to get the non alcoholic specialty coffee and premium juices. I plan on downgrading to the Premium non alcoholic because I don't drink and I prefer the smoothies that's included. So my question is did Celebrity tell me correctly that I need a Premium Alcoholic on Premium Non Alcoholic package to get the Non Specialty Coffees from Café Al Bacio. I have a list of the non specialty and Non Alcoholic Specialty Coffees from Café Al Bacio  If anyone wants me to post just ask and I will . Thanks for your response

Hello, "justhavingfun."

What you were told by "Celebrity" was technically correct, but was misleading to you. 

Most, if not all, non-alcoholic coffees/teas that are available at Cafe Al Bacio are included in the Classic Beverage Package, because they are not considered "specialty coffees."  Therefore, you may very well lose a lot of money if you upgrade [not "downgrade"] to the Premium Beverage Package merely to get smoothies.

Please have a look at this article, which will fully explain what we tried to state above:

https://*****.com/fdpjt99c

NOW EDITING:  We don't know why part of the above URL was changed to *****.  If the link will not work for you, try googling the title of the article.  That should help you to find it.  Here is the title:

Specialty Coffee Drinks on Celebrity Cruises

Also, you will probably find this chart to be helpful (with regard to alcohol, not coffee):

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/05_07_SP_Beverage-Package-Flyer_051721.pdf

Edited by jg51
  • Like 1

Sounds like a Celebrity cruise is a waste of money for Dani.    If AI is almost always the case with a booking, maybe Royal or Princess would be more to her liking.   Even with only using the non alcoholic beverages, I get my money’s worth.   Each bottle of Evian is incredibly expensive as are the coffees, teas and fresh juices.   

29 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Sounds like a Celebrity cruise is a waste of money for Dani.    If AI is almost always the case with a booking, maybe Royal or Princess would be more to her liking.   Even with only using the non alcoholic beverages, I get my money’s worth.   Each bottle of Evian is incredibly expensive as are the coffees, teas and fresh juices.   

Dani is an avoid RC cruiser. Like us she likes the similarities and the differences between Celebrity and RC. Variety is the spice of life.