Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

22 minutes ago, dominicr said:

Can you just order from optum then make the account with emed and use the kits you received from optum instead? 

17 minutes ago, tserface said:

I'm not sure that would be a very good deal for eMed.

2 minutes ago, dominicr said:

I don’t think it would either but the optum website tells you to call emed to do the test after you purchase the kit from them. 

Neither E-Med nor Optima do the testing, they are just an online retailer for the kits. Regardless of who you buy from, the tele health visit and test confirmation is done through the Navica app which is an Abbott Labs product. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dominicr said:

I don’t think it would either but the optum website tells you to call emed to do the test after you purchase the kit from them. 

Ah, I did not know that.  We just ordered directly from eMed.  Even at $75 each (for the 2 of us) it's still less than the $129 at our local clinic and we don't have to go out and hang with other people getting tested (maybe for symptoms instead of for travel).  With how much cruises and travel costs these days it's almost like the cost of a specialty restaurant on board.  And, we have 4 more tests to use for other reasons like when our grandkids come to visit.   I'm really glad RCCL allows this type of testing.

You're right though.  Maybe Optum and EMed are in cahoots.

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Neither E-Med nor Optima do the testing, they are just an online retailer for the kits. Regardless of who you buy from, the tele health visit and test confirmation is done through the Navica app which is an Abbott Labs product. 

That makes perfect sense! Thanks for the clarification.

Someone who used this product recently did say that one of their tests was faulty...so they mentioned they were glad they had an extra. If you are relying on this test solely I would want to have a back-up one available just in case.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of your help.  I ordered another 2 tests from Optum to use for my daughter, so each of us will have two kits.  Fingers crossed they are all negative.  We all need a break.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mauraoel said:

On the eMed site?  I was able to add my husband while I worked through the process of purchasing the tests.

Not at all.  I go on, create an account and then it just says place order.  At no point does it give me an opportunity to list another user.

1 minute ago, birdlord said:

Not at all.  I go on, create an account and then it just says place order.  At no point does it give me an opportunity to list another user.

Yes when you place the order you will be asked for the names of up to 3 individuals that will be tested you just haven't proceeded far enough into the order process yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Yes when you place the order you will be asked for the names of up to 3 individuals that will be tested you just haven't proceeded far enough into the order process yet.

I went all the way through to the end - all the way to "review order" (already put in payment, already selected shipping, etc.) and at no point it asked me for anyone else's name.  The next step is actually paying them and I'm not about to hit pay without knowing I can use for both of us.  I'm on hold forever with them right now because this is nuts.

2 minutes ago, birdlord said:

I went all the way through to the end - all the way to "review order" (already put in payment, already selected shipping, etc.) and at no point it asked me for anyone else's name.  The next step is actually paying them and I'm not about to hit pay without knowing I can use for both of us.  I'm on hold forever with them right now because this is nuts.

Sounds like a glitch because I swear I had to add my husband on one screen.  Sorry you are having this issue.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Sounds like a glitch because I swear I had to add my husband on one screen.  Sorry you are having this issue.

Finally got it worked out -- yes some kind of glitch -- so once I cleared my cookies it came up right away with the question about who the tests would be for -- sheesh!  I was really frustrated. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, birdlord said:

I ordered from this link yesterday....put mine and my Wife's info in (name and birthday)..received them today around noon.

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

I see just above, you may have fixed your issues.. Safe Travels. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Haha 1

I just received my 6 pack of tests....that was fast! The outside of box they were shipped in has an eMed sticker that says "shelf life extended by 3 months for all BinaxNOW tests inside". The expiration date on the kit says 2121-10-15 ...so that means they are good to use till 2022-01-15

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bajathree said:

I just received my 6 pack of tests....that was fast! The outside of box they were shipped in has an eMed sticker that says "shelf life extended by 3 months for all BinaxNOW tests inside". The expiration date on the kit says 2121-10-15 ...so that means they are good to use till 2022-01-15

Same here.  

• Like 2

Received mine today as well with same expiration. Was hoping to use them for our cruise next month and then some for our Jan. 22nd cruise, guess not going to happen for January.  

Edited by WAHMto5

16 minutes ago, birdlord said:

Finally got it worked out -- yes some kind of glitch -- so once I cleared my cookies it came up right away with the question about who the tests would be for -- sheesh!  I was really frustrated. 🙂

Dang that was a headache and a half!!!!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Some enterprising soul needs to convert a taco truck into a mobile Covid testing lab and park it by the docks. There’s a fortune to be made. 

A friend of mine mine was discussing that the other night.  Doctors office or clinic could buy a step van (bread truck) stick a printer and a couple laptops in it and a credit card reader.  Staff it with a couple lab technicians and a nurse supervisor and start testing.  Cruise guests only.

A few of our drive through covid testing spots around here are cargo containers in shopping center parking lots run by local (non-chain) pharmacies.

Might be dangerous to be dressed up like a shipping container around the dock 🙂

It might be a good tie in for some of the private parking lots around cruise terminals.

Edited by AustinCruise

On 8/24/2021 at 7:50 AM, dominicr said:

Hopefully someone who has kids and used this can elaborate.  The way I read it is you can have 2 adults on the prescription for the 6 pack but kids under 18 can still use them if you make them an account under your name in managed account on their app.  

that is correct. I used them for my 5,7,10 year olds. The only difference is that an adult (account holder) has to do the supervised swab.

1 minute ago, exm said:

I am on Adventure since Saturday and probably one of the first who used these. I used mine in The Bahamas for a party of 6 including 3 children. You can search on my name - I made a lengthy post the other day about the process. Still on the ship, so can’t find it easily myself but I gladly answer any questions.

Edited by exm

19 hours ago, exm said:

that is correct. I used them for my 5,7,10 year olds. The only difference is that an adult (account holder) has to do the supervised swab.

Were you using the emed 6-pack kit, and were you able to use the 6 packs for all 5 of you, or just the 3 kids? 

We are a family of 4, and hoping to be able to use the 6 packs for all of us. Thanks! 

29 minutes ago, seapad said:

Were you using the emed 6-pack kit, and were you able to use the 6 packs for all 5 of you, or just the 3 kids? 

We are a family of 4, and hoping to be able to use the 6 packs for all of us. Thanks! 

This is what I want to know as well! I was just about to order the 6-pack for our upcoming trip in October. 2 adults, 2 kids. If I can only do 3..that won't work! @exm

Edited by JMKreno

1 minute ago, JMKreno said:

This is what I want to know as well! I was just about to order the 6-pack for our upcoming trip in October. 2 adults, 2 kids. If I can only do 3..that won't work! @exm

Order two 2-pks=$70..no problem to put a child on each one and then on your phones.