Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

5 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Order two 2-pks=$70..no problem to put a child on each one and then on your phones.

Where do you see 2 packs for $70? I saw 2 pack for $70? I guess 2 @140 that can test 4 people is better than 6 at $150 that can only test 3!  Was hoping for some spares, but I guess not. 

Are we sure I can do 2 people with every order? If I order the home kit from Optum (2 ct) I can test myself and a one of my kids? My wife can do the other with our other child?

Edited by JMKreno
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, mauraoel said:

Sounds like a glitch because I swear I had to add my husband on one screen.  Sorry you are having this issue.

Todd had same issue, called them and they told us all you do is both phones get the Navica app and when you go back to the online emed, which we both have accounts on, it practically does it all for you except the actual physical swabbing.  We'll see how easy it goes Thursday after next!

I have these tests in hand, plus was able to get rapid test appointments in the right time frame. I'm the queen of overkill. 

Seriously though, as many times as I've read through the requirements, these are accepted, right? And CVS rapid antigen? I do not want to get on a cross-country flight with pending PCR tests.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I have these tests in hand, plus was able to get rapid test appointments in the right time frame. I'm the queen of overkill. 

Seriously though, as many times as I've read through the requirements, these are accepted, right? And CVS rapid antigen? I do not want to get on a cross-country flight with pending PCR tests.  

No problem, not only one. Planning both is my plan, just in case. Have scheduled Antigen test even though it's almost 3 months out

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

No problem, not only one. Planning both is my plan, just in case. Have scheduled Antigen test even though it's almost 3 months out

How did you schedule it so far out? CVS is only showing me appointments 2 weeks out. I’m planning to cruise in October and am worried about getting a test. I plan to buy these and book an appointment 

24 minutes ago, JMKreno said:

Are we sure I can do 2 people with every order?

That's what they said, we spoke to a technician and that is the procedure.  One pack for both of us, but we both needed an account with Optum and with the phone app Navica.

I"m overkill also, This was our back up plan.  I still can't schedule our Walgreens, only 3 days out so have to wait till week of test on Sunday or Monday to even shedule the Thurs test...sooo weird.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CruiseesiurC said:

How did you schedule it so far out? CVS is only showing me appointments 2 weeks out. I’m planning to cruise in October and am worried about getting a test. I plan to buy these and book an appointment 

Not a Pharmacy, Covid Clinic doing Testing Multiple States, 2 near me in AZ and Mi are at closed Sears Mall locations. They close or aren't needed by time Cruise will just look at different backup plan.

Help.  Non tech senior here.  I was able to get to the eMed site on my iPhone and they sent me the “Welcome/Sign Up” email.  I am able to login on my laptop…but when I go to the eMed site on my iPhone now…if I select either “Login” or “Order Now” it flips to a new page that is totally white.  Nada on it at all.  I have enabled cookies on my phone.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I suppose I can use my laptop for the camera supervised test but don’t understand why the iPhone won’t let me…. Is it because I need to download the Navica app?

Let me clarify some questions. Currently I am sailing on the Adventure and we used these tests for 3 adults and 3 children under 12:

- When you buy them you have to provide 3 names. This is to satisfy the prescription technicality.

- They are NOT tied to names when you receive them. You can mix and match with whomever you like

- I recommend to get 1-2 spares: I was the one reporting a faulty kit. They just confirmed to reimburse me $25. Part of the testing it to insert the cotton swab in a small area in the test kit. Mine had an alignment issue.

- The test is accepted for Cruising and I also read for re-entry into the US 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Doing the same here...I ordered my tests as a back-up. Booked PCR tests at CVS ( which luckily enough is just down the street from me) this am at 2 weeks out for my Odyssey sailing. PCR test is booked for 3 days prior to sailing and will also do these tests 2 days out as a back-up. AN YES....as long as your are doing the "proctored" test they are currently accepted for Royal.

Edited by bajathree

36 minutes ago, exm said:

Let me clarify some questions. Currently I am sailing on the Adventure and we used these tests for 3 adults and 3 children under 12:

- When you buy them you have to provide 3 names. This is to satisfy the prescription technicality.

- They are NOT tied to names when you receive them. You can mix and match with whomever you like

- I recommend to get 1-2 spares: I was the one reporting a faulty kit. They just confirmed to reimburse me $25. Part of the testing it to insert the cotton swab in a small area in the test kit. Mine had an alignment issue.

Thank you!! Going to go ahead and order the 6 pack and have 2 spares. 

How long did it take to connect to a proctor? Did you have to call back each time? Is there limited hours? We have 3 days in NY before our cruise and may want to space them out. 

4 minutes ago, createcolorfun said:

can someone point me to where rccl posted on website?  was told yesterday by person at rccl this is not accepted for the cruise ship.  tks

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

2601182A-0EC9-4B02-BF23-0AABA2935019.png

Edited by Anton
Added image
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, JMKreno said:

Thank you!! Going to go ahead and order the 6 pack and have 2 spares. 

How long did it take to connect to a proctor? Did you have to call back each time? Is there limited hours? We have 3 days in NY before our cruise and may want to space them out. 

I did them in the morning, and it took less than a minute to connect to a proctor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This sounds perfect as we have a cruise booked in Oct and another in November.  However, my husband does not have an iPhone. Once in the app can we both be connected to the one login or will we each have to have a separate login?

6 minutes ago, Rondo said:

This sounds perfect as we have a cruise booked in Oct and another in November.  However, my husband does not have an iPhone. Once in the app can we both be connected to the one login or will we each have to have a separate login?

You will need your own login but you can simply logout and in.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Buccaneergirl said:

There is no other cost besides the $150, right?

You don’t have to pay the person on the Nauvica app do you?

I am assuming because of the heat, but the only option for shipping was FedEx overnight which was $17.18 to Georgia. 

3 hours ago, exm said:

May I ask how this worked with the test results since only 3 people were registered when ordering? How did they populate the other names for the test results?

We have 4 adults and 2 children travelling and was going to order the 6 pack but kept seeing how the test packs were designed to basically provided everyone with a back-up test (a 2 test kit is for 1 person, a 6 test kit is for 3 people, etc.). 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Buccaneergirl said:

There is no other cost besides the $150, right?

You don’t have to pay the person on the Nauvica app do you?

The eMed  price is $150 for 6 test kits and then the shipping cost of overnight Fed Ex. My shipping was $15 so total cost is $165 for us. No sales tax on our order.  
No fee for telemed conference and test results emailed to you with certificate of results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have yet to hear anything back from eMed but I consider the useful life of these to be unacceptable; they were manufactured in February and expire in October. Even if you allow for the 3 month extension, I've bought tests that I get half the useful life out of. Pitiful. This company will either be addressing it by guaranteeing to replace the kits if needed after that expiration, or will be taking all 6 back, and issuing a full refund including shipping, or will be the recipient of a credit card fraud dispute.

Edited by dswallow

2 hours ago, Cruiser1976 said:

May I ask how this worked with the test results since only 3 people were registered when ordering? How did they populate the other names for the test results?

We have 4 adults and 2 children travelling and was going to order the 6 pack but kept seeing how the test packs were designed to basically provided everyone with a back-up test (a 2 test kit is for 1 person, a 6 test kit is for 3 people, etc.). 

Thanks!

Ordering the test kits and testing itself is different. Each test kit can be used for anyone, even someone not listed in the order - that’s why I am selling my spare. 

You basically order the kits, make an only account and when you ready to test the proctor scans the barcode. It is absolutely not linked to a name.

• Like 1