Jump to content

Seattle King Station and waiting taxi's??


Recommended Posts

I have read though many of the threads and still can't decide whether there will be taxi's waiting at the station when the Empire Builder gets in when we arrive. It is suppose to be in at 10:30 a.m. but we are not counting on that because of delay's.  Can some one tell me if there will be taxi's there or not. If not, does any one know of a taxi service who goes there. I have called some of the limo service people and they say they won't go there to pick up passengers.  We will have to much luggage for the bus or Link. And our hotel will be close the Pike Market so we would not want to walk down hill any way.  Any ideas who we would use???  I'm having a hard time thinking that there isn't a company that doesn't want to help the train passengers.  

Thanks for any help on this. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dustyroad said:

Any ideas who we would use???  I'm having a hard time thinking that there isn't a company that doesn't want to help the train passengers.  

There aren't a ton of traditional taxis on the streets of Seattle any longer. Uber and Lyft work quite well downtown and are quick and easy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every time that I have been in Seattle and used Amtrak, there was a line-up of taxis waiting for arriving passengers.  As a back-up plan, have with you the name and phone number of 2-3 taxi companies that you could call if there are no taxis at the station.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the help every one. I didn't get a email about the replies. I will have to fix that. I will try to find out for sure what taxi Co's really do go to the station and also will pick us up at the hotel downtown and go back there.  I did know that there were not any taxi's that roamed around downtown. With all the Cruise ship passengers and activities there it is kind of strange that they don't ( just my opinion ). Hopefully the hotel can help also.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • seems like Yellow cab has an exclusive for the Amtrak Station.  There is a teleophone on the wall if you don't see a cab waiting.  Be aware that in the past gypsy cabs with no signs and no meters hustled passengers and I would avoid those.  While cabs have diminished with cruises and tourism back cabs are around.
  • www:flatrateforhire.com
  • is one cab company.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reverse situation for us...

We need a taxi from Pier 66 to the Amtrak station when we disembark the Millennium @8:30am. Will there be any waiting or should we just get an Uber or Lyft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Reverse situation for us...

We need a taxi from Pier 66 to the Amtrak station when we disembark the Millennium @8:30am. Will there be any waiting or should we just get an Uber or Lyft

 

I am 99% sure that there will be taxis there.  With the Marriott across the street from Pier 66, there ought to be sufficient taxi business in the area for a taxi line-up.  I have seen taxi line-ups waiting for the Marriott guests every time I have stayed there.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dan G said:
  • seems like Yellow cab has an exclusive for the Amtrak Station.  There is a teleophone on the wall if you don't see a cab waiting.  Be aware that in the past gypsy cabs with no signs and no meters hustled passengers and I would avoid those.  While cabs have diminished with cruises and tourism back cabs are around.
  • www:flatrateforhire.com
  • is one cab company.

Thanks Dan G. I'm still not getting emails when I get a reply. I have tried every thing. Still working on  the problem.  I appreciate your advice.  

Edited by dustyroad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...