Crown And Anchor drink vouchers

I have heard RCCL has started a drink voucher program where Diamond membors get 4 vouchers for adult beverages everyday at any venue. Has anyone experienced this, it is a great idea. If this is indeed true I would not need to buy the drink package as I usually do not exceed 5 drinks a day for the most part.

Have 5 as a D+.  Just returned this Friday from Ovation 7N to Alaska.  Only one day did I have 5.  Your choice of drink w/$13 cap.  DW probably had 3-4 drinks max.  Prefer this program to DL HH chaos w/cheap wine etc.  I'll have a SoCo manhattan.  Couldn't get that in DL.  Well...at least not under typical conditions.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

I'm not happy about it, because on a sea day I will have 3 or so beers by the pool, and for 5-8pm happy hour that allots only 2 beers, and nothing for wine at dinner.

Have 4 beers and wine at happy hour, just like pre COVID. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

I'm not happy about it, because on a sea day I will have 3 or so beers by the pool, and for 5-8pm happy hour that allots only 2 beers, and nothing for wine at dinner.

If you use up your vouchers, just buy your next drinks.  I know, with our 5 each, we will definitely be better off than buying drink package or even having to pay for our first 5. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

Totally agree with you also was not happy when they stopped the beer package either. Cheers to the beers 😄🍻

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

So, before I'm guessing you had to pay for the 3 or so beers by the pool.  Happy hour doesn't  matter - because with the vouchers, every hour is now happy hour.  You get 4 FREE drinks.    Figure out how  it works best for you.  Pay for the drinks at the pool as you did in the past.  Use  the 4 FREE drinks for evening beer and wine at dinner.  

M

• Like 2

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I know, and that just blows my mind

Also, there was no longer a sign stating that drinks could not be taken out of DL.  CL closed to D+.  However, DL was rather deserted on last week’s Ovation.  Concierge said there were 250 D, D+, and P.  It’s been our experience that Alaska cruises tend to post lower numbers than other cruises.  We stopped in a few times.  One time we walked in and there was ONE other passenger.  Another night we counted 20 or so.  Spent more time in Boleros w/entertainment.

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Have 4 beers and wine at happy hour, just like pre COVID. 

No more true happy hour, they use your vouchers. The Diamond Lounge  is not complimentary drinks for 3 hours any longer

13 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

Then pay for those drinks by the pool in the afternoon just like you did before and save your vouchers until the evening

• Like 12

12 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Also, there was no longer a sign stating that drinks could not be taken out of DL.  CL closed to D+.  However, DL was rather deserted on last week’s Ovation.  Concierge said there were 250 D, D+, and P.  It’s been our experience that Alaska cruises tend to post lower numbers than other cruises.  We stopped in a few times.  One time we walked in and there was ONE other passenger.  Another night we counted 20 or so.  Spent more time in Boleros w/entertainment.

So much hot air from  all the folks who said  they   go ( went)  to the lounge for the conversation and not the free  drinks. 

We never were evening  lounge dwellers, partially because I didn't like the the  wine they offered,  partially because I couldn't  take the cruise  bragging and hearing from some loud mouth  self appointed lounge king,  and partially because I didn't want to watch  folks down  numerous drinks as fast as they could.  (At least this last reason might not be an issue anymore) 

We went to another bar/venue  and used a  voucher for a  mixed drink.   Or, even if it was happy hour, we bought  wine we  preferred .  The  new  drink system will be fantastic for us. 

Basically happy hour, with great drink offerings,  is now ALL DAY!    

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

But you had no free beers at pool in the past🤔

#dontlookgifthorseinthwmouth

• Like 4

So how are the gratuities/service charges/etc  handled with the free drink vouchers?  If there is a cap of $13 does that need to include your service charge, etc. or you are out money on your sea pass card for those extras?  i'm sure if you got a coffee or a bottle of water this would not be an issue but for drinks approaching $13 anyway just curious.  Thanks.

Cathy Berg

1 minute ago, catmandu73 said:

If there is a cap of $13 does that need to include your service charge, etc. or you are out money on your sea pass card for those extras? 

Like the drink package, any drink up to $13 - grats of 18% of zero is zero.