Jump to content

Crown And Anchor drink vouchers


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, smokey01 said:

I was on Anthem recently, when I was in the solarium I asked someone what their drink was and they answered Pina Coloda, but that was not actually on the drinks menu. Is it Ok then to ask for a drink not on the menu?

 

The bar team can make any drink with the liquor and  ingredients that they have, if you tip they will go running to get.😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Moltar said:

Absolutely. I wonder if I met anyone from this forum I’ll never know because Cruise Critic is never brought up.

 

People tend to recognize me because of Laura pictures. She often gets adked if she's Bella's mom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

The bar team can make any drink with the liquor and  ingredients that they have, if you tip they will go running to get.😇

 

Must be an Australian thing. That rarely happened in the past on the wide variety of ships I have sailed.

 

Now today, that would be the norm regardless of how you tip

Edited by John&LaLa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Tatka said:

I wonder if Pina Colada, Margarita, Blue Hawaii are under $13? Where can I see a menu?

Thank you!

We were on the Allure August 8.  Anything not on the drink menu we just asked if it was $13 or less for D+ drinks.  Pina Colada and chocolate martini are 2 of the ones included.  Also had the specialty frozen drink on CocaCay just not in the souvenir cup.

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is really my fave change to come, and glad it is permanent. I had 5 drink vouchers each day, and I think one day I used 4, but mostly only 3 per day. Two specialty coffees and then I found that I loved that "Lime & Coconut" drink at the Lime & Coconut bar, so I had a few of those during the week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Moltar said:

Absolutely. I wonder if I met anyone from this forum I’ll never know because Cruise Critic is never brought up.

Are you on a CC roll call for an upcoming cruise. Often, someone plans an informal meet and greet. 
 

m

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Tatka said:

I wonder if Pina Colada, Margarita, Blue Hawaii are under $13? Where can I see a menu?

Thank you!

Yes. Under the maximum

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Are you on a CC roll call for an upcoming cruise. Often, someone plans an informal meet and greet. 
 

m

I go as far as saying on a roll call that I booked a cruise and look forward to it. I went to one meet and greet I believe on the serenade of the seas and it just wasn’t my cup of tea or maybe just the people weren’t.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Moltar said:

I go as far as saying on a roll call that I booked a cruise and look forward to it. I went to one meet and greet I believe on the serenade of the seas and it just wasn’t my cup of tea or maybe just the people weren’t.

I don’t think the cruise lines are doing the cruise led meet & greets now. 
 

 You ( your group) would have to set something up. Basically it’s just picking a date/location. There won’t be anything offered, but it’s a nice way for people to meet each other. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Moltar said:

Absolutely. I wonder if I met anyone from this forum I’ll never know because Cruise Critic is never brought up.

CC is never brought up in any conversations I've had with other passengers. I've never attended any M&Ms/M&Gs either. 

Edited by davekathy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

@ILCTCRUISER - out of pure curiosity:  Did you find SoCo on every ship?

Hi Carol!  I believe I could find it in lounges on those ships we've sailed.  In DL/CL, never.  Now there were a couple of times, and those times were cruises on Radiance class ships (in current CL as well as when current CL was the DL, with the bar), when the barkeep would go off and return with a glass of SoCo which he'd keep stored out of sight.  Hope all's well with you.  Have you resumed cruising yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2021 at 6:44 PM, Auntiemomo said:

I'm not happy about it, because on a sea day I will have 3 or so beers by the pool, and for 5-8pm happy hour that allots only 2 beers, and nothing for wine at dinner.

 

So you PAY for the wine.

 

How did you get the 3 beers by the pool before?  You either paid for them individually or got a drink package.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am on Odyssey now and I am loving the 5 drinks for being Diamond +.  We get drinks in the casino anyway, but it is great to be able to go to the pub or schooner in the evenings and have some free beverages.  I am looking forward to taking advantage of them at Coco Cay tomorrow!

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

It has been reported on Anthem sailings children have been getting the drinks vouchers loaded on their cards. The change happened 3 weeks ago. 
 

Drink vouchers for children? What would that include soft drinks and virgin drinks? So my under age 12 D+ grandkids will also get 5 vouchers per.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it my choice for which drinks I use my vouchers?  For example, can I pay for a bottle of water or a beer in the afternoon and save my voucher for a martini in the evening?  Or do they automatically use the voucher for your first four drinks?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

Is it my choice for which drinks I use my vouchers?  For example, can I pay for a bottle of water or a beer in the afternoon and save my voucher for a martini in the evening?  Or do they automatically use the voucher for your first four drinks?

If you don't tell them otherwise they will use your vouchers.  Just tell them you DON'T want to use one for your water

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Drink vouchers for children? What would that include soft drinks and virgin drinks? So my under age 12 D+ grandkids will also get 5 vouchers per.?

Yes, someone reported being able to even get an alcoholic drink on their kids’ card. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I believe it would be a lot easier to rent a kid then make friends with someone that doesn't drink. 😁

Not necessarily... My DW and Adult Son are both Diamond also (D+ if we can cruise 1 more). I might be able to convince them.  Seriously, though, I do most of my drinking while in the Casino (tier comp).  I would only use my Diamond vouchers on days that the casino is closed or maybe at dinner.  I don't expect to use mine much.  I try to grab a bottle or two of water when leaving the casino for the night (morning😉).

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I believe it would be a lot easier to rent a kid then make friends with someone that doesn't drink. 😁

That would probably be us !!...Doubtful we'll be able to use 5 vouchers pp per day :classic_laugh:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

Not necessarily... My DW and Adult Son are both Diamond also (D+ if we can cruise 1 more). I might be able to convince them.  Seriously, though, I do most of my drinking while in the Casino (tier comp).  I would only use my Diamond vouchers on days that the casino is closed or maybe at dinner.  I don't expect to use mine much.  I try to grab a bottle or two of water when leaving the casino for the night (morning😉).

I guess I'm SOL then as we no longer cruise with friends or family and my wife won't share. 😁🍻

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Enjoy the Gift of Travel with Regent Seven Seas Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...