HAWAII MIGHT WANT TESTING EVEN IF VACCINATED

Ronnieslady

Hawaii introduced new restrictions yesterday. See 

www.hawaii-guide.com. 
It now says that 10 day quarantine in now in effective to anyone who WAS NOT vaccinated in the USA. So for now that eliminates Canadians wanting to cruise to Hawaii till this restriction is lifted. 

25 minutes ago, dstables said:

Hawaii introduced new restrictions yesterday. See 

www.hawaii-guide.com. 
It now says that 10 day quarantine in now in effective to anyone who WAS NOT vaccinated in the USA. So for now that eliminates Canadians wanting to cruise to Hawaii till this restriction is lifted. 

Taken from further down in the link you share.  I asked about testing for Canadians on the Live Chat with Princess this morning and was told no decision on testing yet for our B2B.  This literally just dropped they will need time to figure this all out.  Not optimistic we will be able to cruise in December.

For non-vaccinated & international travelers

For all other travelers, including those who do not qualify for an existing vaccine exemption and for all international travelers, there is a pre-travel testing option that will allow travelers an alternative, allowing them to bypass Hawaii's mandatory 10-day quarantine restrictions, as long as they bring along proof of a negative COVID-19 test from a state-approved trusted testing partner. All travelers must have their negative test results within 72 hours prior to the final leg of departure as an alternative to Hawaii's quarantine requirements. 

Edited by Sprocket

9 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Taken from further down in the link you share.  I asked about testing for Canadians on the Live Chat with Princess this morning and was told no decision on testing yet for our B2B.  This literally just dropped they will need time to figure this all out.  Not optimistic we will be able to cruise in December.

For non-vaccinated & international travelers

For all other travelers, including those who do not qualify for an existing vaccine exemption and for all international travelers, there is a pre-travel testing option that will allow travelers an alternative, allowing them to bypass Hawaii's mandatory 10-day quarantine restrictions, as long as they bring along proof of a negative COVID-19 test from a state-approved trusted testing partner. All travelers must have their negative test results within 72 hours prior to the final leg of departure as an alternative to Hawaii's quarantine requirements. 

This pre-travel testing was available to Canadians that are vaccinated that were traveling by plane to Hawaii up till yesterday. This option I do believe is now removed with this new restriction. So whether traveling by plane or ship I don’t think Hawaii will be accepting any visitors that were not vaccinated in the USA without the 10 day quarantine. 

Edited by dstables

21 minutes ago, dstables said:

This pre-travel testing was available to Canadians that are vaccinated that were traveling by plane to Hawaii up till yesterday. This option I do believe is now removed with this new restriction. So whether traveling by plane or ship I don’t think Hawaii will be accepting any visitors that were not vaccinated in the USA without the 10 day quarantine. 

Since it doesn't specifically exclude cruises guess we'll have to wait and see.  

allowing them to bypass Hawaii's mandatory 10-day quarantine restrictions, as long as they bring along proof of a negative COVID-19 test from a state-approved trusted testing partner. All travelers must have their negative test results within 72 hours prior to the final leg of departure as an alternative to Hawaii's quarantine requirements. 

The Governor of Hawaii made this statement today:

“There have been rumors circulating about a shut down in Hawai’i. I want to clear the record that there are currently no plans to shut down. All posts on social media and being distributed by other means are not true. Official announcements will always come from official channels. Mahalo.” — David Ige.

• Like 1

Today, the Mayor of Oahu (there are 4 mayors for the state:  City and County of Honolulu, Hawaii Island, Kaua'i, and Mau'i (including Lana'i, Moloka'i, and Mau'i).

Safe Access Oahu Program:  beginning September 13 for 60 days).   Must produce proof of vaccination or negative test within 48 hours to enter:

Here are the establishments covered by the order:

• Restaurants and bars (takeout is exempt)
  • Gyms and fitness facilities, including dance studios 
  • Bowling alleys, arcades and billiards halls
  • Movie theaters
  • Museums
  • Indoor portions of botanical gardens, zoos or other attractions

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/08/30/live-honolulus-mayor-unveil-new-vaccine-pass-program-oahu-businesses/

On 8/30/2021 at 10:23 AM, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

And then Southwest had another $99 sale fares to Hawaii recently.

Thank you very much for mentioning this.

Noticed our Oct flights to OGG price had dropped to $188 RT so called and we now have a $420 credit with Southwest and our original flights still🙂

Cheers