Do you think I could pull this upgrade off?`

Yesterday, I signed up for Club Orange -- largely based on input from this group.

I understand I can get a cabin upgrade in my same class.  I am presently in a VCA room, which is a midship veranda.  I understand that Club Orange will let you upgrade in the same class.  However, the only rooms that are "better" are spa veranda rooms, and I am hesitant to get the because they are at the front of the ship which I understand has a lot more movement. 

However, I thought of the following fiendish plan:  switch my room to an obstructed room veranda, take the cash, and then upgrade back to my present room.  Do you think this is something that could be done?

9 minutes ago, Petrocelli said:

Yesterday, I signed up for Club Orange -- largely based on input from this group.

I understand I can get a cabin upgrade in my same class.  I am presently in a VCA room, which is a midship veranda.  I understand that Club Orange will let you upgrade in the same class.  However, the only rooms that are "better" are spa veranda rooms, and I am hesitant to get the because they are at the front of the ship which I understand has a lot more movement. 

However, I thought of the following fiendish plan:  switch my room to an obstructed room veranda, take the cash, and then upgrade back to my present room.  Do you think this is something that could be done?

It is possible IMO.  However, did you already sign up for CO?  Of so, I guess you are going to cancel your reservation?

Of course, things vary from cruise to cruise, but all I can report is that our friends booked a verandah guarantee and then bought a CO package which moved them to a nicely located V cabin on deck 7, right next to the Neptune suite area (they were very happy with this).  FYI, both the booking and CO purchase were done at the same time.

• Like 1

Two things to think about - has the price of the cruise gone up so that you would not really save much money and also, will you lose any perks that you had with your original booking?

How far away is your cruise? As long as current pricing and perks are the same then yes you could cancel rebook the lowest guarantee verandah and add the CO but it is also possible that in the middle of this someone else could grab the cabin you just let go of or may have been on a wait list for it. Granted that is not likely but anything could happen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Petrocelli said:

Not sure why you want to jump through so many hoops...... simply book the room you'll be happy in, with the perks you want.  

• Like 5

On 8/24/2021 at 3:43 PM, Boatdrill said:

Not sure why you want to jump through so many hoops...... simply book the room you'll be happy in, with the perks you want.  

Wise words! 

• Like 1