Jump to content

November /December protocols???


Recommended Posts

When they do announce, the protocols are likely going to be the same as right now. They could still change before your cruise. They will probably loosen them when case numbers fall considerably, but not until. In the case of our September cruise, they have changed a few times since they originally announced them. Each time was a little more like adding testing for all, adding more mask requirements and no over 12 exemptions. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, stellarose said:

watching the time click for final payment for late December MG.  any news on when the new  regs will be out?

I was told they would be out this week but I'm not sure how much it matters with how often they have needed to be adjusted. What they put out this week is very unlikely to match what actually happens in December imo. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It won't matter what they announce because they will change on a bi-weekly basis most likely. Just make a decision if you are going to sail with unknown protocols or cancel. Trying to figure out what the protocols will be in 3 weeks is like trying to explain what color the letter seven smells like. Just decide if you are willing to live with what they require.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, stellarose said:

family is vaccinated. due for boosters in October...

 

That's when we're due as well (first week).

 

We'll probably wait a little longer, as we had the "Delta booster" just last month, so probably sporting some extra protection now as a result. Try as I might, it's difficult to find reliable advice in that regard - but it seems logical.

 

We next sail over Turkey day, so I'm thinking maybe three weeks prior to that.

 

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're waiting to find out. We plan on going, but we haven't figured out what to do if our 11 year old can't go due to lack of vaccine. So many unknowns, with so little time to plan.

 

I'd expect Carnival to basically keep the status quo, unless CDC changes something. Which is fine, I just want to know if my son will get an exemption (or if the FDA approves the vaccine in October, which is optimistic at this point).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping they will let us know whether or not they are going to allow an extra day in November for testing. We are sailing on the Glory and the three day limit for our testing includes Thanksgiving Day. I'm hoping they will extend the 72 hour limit since it will be next to impossible to get tested on Thanksgiving day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Loyal Buckeye said:

I'm hoping they will let us know whether or not they are going to allow an extra day in November for testing. We are sailing on the Glory and the three day limit for our testing includes Thanksgiving Day. I'm hoping they will extend the 72 hour limit since it will be next to impossible to get tested on Thanksgiving day.

Plan for rapid test on Friday or do the eMed BinaxNow. That is at home and done via video on your computer. The people are probably in India that certify it. You can do it on Thanksgiving that way. 

 

I am hoping J&J's booster gets approved. Since they have not approved mixing of vaccines here yet, I can only wait for J&J booster or approval to mix vaccines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Loyal Buckeye said:

I'm hoping they will let us know whether or not they are going to allow an extra day in November for testing. We are sailing on the Glory and the three day limit for our testing includes Thanksgiving Day. I'm hoping they will extend the 72 hour limit since it will be next to impossible to get tested on Thanksgiving day.

They already are giving leeway. Instead of exactly 72 hours, it is 3 days, anytime the day 3 days before your cruise. I'd say 100% unlikely it will be extended to a bigger gap. Already there are some saying too wide, people can get exposed before or on the way to the cruise. Cvs is probably open all but major holidays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whatever the protocols are for December, If it's sailing, I'm going.  Made my final payment early.  Prepared to go solo if DH objects to the protocols and he's fine with that. I'll figure it out then.  I do expect whatever they say this week will be different in December.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They already are giving leeway. Instead of exactly 72 hours, it is 3 days, anytime the day 3 days before your cruise. I'd say 100% unlikely it will be extended to a bigger gap. Already there are some saying too wide, people can get exposed before or on the way to the cruise. Cvs is probably open all but major holidays. 

My final payment date is the 6th of next month and I am ready to cancel.  We were supposed to cruise Thanksgiving week, I have already moved on.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

John Heald said perhaps tomorrow.

 

I called Carnival and they said soon.

 

I can't cancel my cruise for December until the December protocols are announced so I am eagerly waiting (and impatiently waiting as well).

 

A late December cruise wont' have a final payment date until end of Sept right? I was told that protocols will be out before then.

Also, others have called and asked for an extention to the final payment because of waiting for protocols.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, K_e_short said:

John Heald said perhaps tomorrow.

 

I called Carnival and they said soon.

 

I can't cancel my cruise for December until the December protocols are announced so I am eagerly waiting (and impatiently waiting as well).

 

A late December cruise wont' have a final payment date until end of Sept right? I was told that protocols will be out before then.

Also, others have called and asked for an extention to the final payment because of waiting for protocols.

 

My Carnival PVP tells me if guidelines not out for my cruise by Sept. 6 (final payment date) that I can call her to extend.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just curious as to what protocols are going to make you cancel.  I mean you know the protocols today. I don’t think it’s going to get any better any time soon  imo

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

Just curious as to what protocols are going to make you cancel.  I mean you know the protocols today. I don’t think it’s going to get any better any time soon  imo

 

Great point. And as we found out in July/August even when protocols are announced (no masks) things change (masks).

 

I need to cancel because I'm not vaccinated in the eyes of the CDC and that won't change before December. I have to wait because Carnival won't give me a refund yet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

Just curious as to what protocols are going to make you cancel.  I mean you know the protocols today. I don’t think it’s going to get any better any time soon  imo

For me personally, I want to know if there is any chance my cruise may be cancelled.  If it is, I want that final payment money to sit in my bank for the next year rather than Carnival's. That's why I don't want to make the final payment until the announcement.  And yes, I do realize things can change again but I would like to at least know what their current plans are.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Plan for rapid test on Friday or do the eMed BinaxNow. That is at home and done via video on your computer. The people are probably in India that certify it. You can do it on Thanksgiving that way. 

 

I am hoping J&J's booster gets approved. Since they have not approved mixing of vaccines here yet, I can only wait for J&J booster or approval to mix vaccines.

Thank you for letting me know about eMed BinaxNow. I haven't heard about that one. I will look into it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Jelly_Toast said:

For me personally, I want to know if there is any chance my cruise may be cancelled.

 

Well you don't need to wait for new protocols for that. Of course there's a chance the cruise will be cancelled. (How big a chance is debatable) And I don't think the new protocols will give additional insight into how likely such a cancellation is. One assumes they'll be more about testing and mask requirements and such.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Enjoy the Gift of Travel with Regent Seven Seas Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...