Jump to content

Blue Dining


oskidunker
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there normally a wait? Not cruised Celebrity before. I read the post below about Lumaire. Doesn’t sound good only suite passengers eat in Lumaire?  Do you have to book Aqua Blue tobeat in Blue? Can you reserve a set time every day?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1st you must be booked in AquaClass to dine in Blu. What we have done in the past is show up about the same time each night. Staff should try and set you in the same area or table as before. I'm not sure of wait times on the Edge class in Blu. I have heard of some wait times on the Refection ship as it has a large amount of AquaClass cabins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Luminae is only for suite guests (although they can take guests in for a charge).

 

Blu is the designated main dining room for Aqua guests only. Those in suites can request to eat there on a space available basis, but it is not usually a problem.

 

No, you cannot reserve a time in advance so the potential to have to wait a little is there, but it does depend a bit on which ship...

 

 

Edited by Mark_T
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have had to wait in the past but the wait has never been more than a few minutes and the wait tends to be when you have a party greater than two. In our experience when it is just two there was never a wait. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think you'll have much of a problem on Millennium, we sailed on her a couple of years ago and we used to go past the Blu entrance on our way down to Luminae and I don't actually recall ever seeing a queue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting into Blu is generally not a problem, if there is a wait, it is generally short, maybe 10 minutes. We usually eat around 7, getting in after the first show can tend to  be a longer wait. Service is “relaxed” ( thats a nice term for slow), plan on 2 hours for dinner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Is there normally a wait? Not cruised Celebrity before. I read the post below about Lumaire. Doesn’t sound good only suite passengers eat in Lumaire?  Do you have to book Aqua Blue tobeat in Blue? Can you reserve a set time every day?

Every cabin class has perks.  Lumaire is a perk for those in a suite.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aboard the Millennium,  Ente is the maître d'  of the Blue. Gracious and welcoming, you will not have to wait long if at all. If you have breakfast Ente insures that the rising sun does not blind you by adjusting the shades.  Fresh orange juice squeezed by our early rising sommelier is always welcome. The breads, rolls and attention of the wait staff is most excellent. Bon Voyage!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Aboard the Millennium,  Ente is the maître d'  of the Blue. Gracious and welcoming, you will not have to wait long if at all. If you have breakfast Ente insures that the rising sun does not blind you by adjusting the shades.  Fresh orange juice squeezed by our early rising sommelier is always welcome. The breads, rolls and attention of the wait staff is most excellent. Bon Voyage!

 

 

On another thread, someone was asking about freshly squeezed orange juice.  Good to know it's available.  Funny if they really make the sommelier do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a bit picky, but the name of the venue is "Blu" not "Blue". I've been on over 50 cruises in Aqua Class and the experience can be quite different from cruise to cruise. Really depends on whose cooking and the servers.It might also might get crowed and result in longer waits on certain cruises. For example: On one cruise a large group(more than 20) wanted to all come at the same early night time. That caused some longer than normal waits. Different people have reported different experiences because of their time in Blu. Generally I have been more than pleased with the food and service and hope that you are as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Orator said:

I'm a bit picky, but the name of the venue is "Blu" not "Blue". I've been on over 50 cruises in Aqua Class and the experience can be quite different from cruise to cruise. Really depends on whose cooking and the servers.It might also might get crowed and result in longer waits on certain cruises. For example: On one cruise a large group(more than 20) wanted to all come at the same early night time. That caused some longer than normal waits. Different people have reported different experiences because of their time in Blu. Generally I have been more than pleased with the food and service and hope that you are as well.

 

I have only been on one X cruise.  I wonder what is the longest someone had to wait to get into Blu?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I have only been on one X cruise.  I wonder what is the longest someone had to wait to get into Blu?

I tend to go early and rarely experience waits, but I've seen people wait for 20-30 minutes. The keys is to avoid 8:00-9:30. Some ships, Reflection in particular are more likely to experience delays. They tend to offer a special price in speciality restaurants to encourage Blu diners to go elsewhere to alleviate overcrowding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Orator said:

I tend to go early and rarely experience waits, but I've seen people wait for 20-30 minutes. The keys is to avoid 8:00-9:30. Some ships, Reflection in particular are more likely to experience delays. They tend to offer a special price in speciality restaurants to encourage Blu diners to go elsewhere to alleviate overcrowding.

 

If offered this special price how is it documented, so you know you get charged correctly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, zitsky said:

 

I have only been on one X cruise.  I wonder what is the longest someone had to wait to get into Blu?

About 18 cruises in AQ the longest we have waited was about 15 minutes.  They gave us a beeper and we went around the corner to the Ensemble Lounge and had a glass of wine. That was on the Reflection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, zitsky said:

 

If offered this special price how is it documented, so you know you get charged correctly?

You will either receive a call or a paper offer in your cabin. Only passengers in Aqua Class receive the offer. Sometimes they offer a special package for those in Aqua Class. The restaurants know if you are eligible and charge accordingly. Never heard of anyone having a problem with the charges.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Orator said:

You will either receive a call or a paper offer in your cabin. Only passengers in Aqua Class receive the offer. Sometimes they offer a special package for those in Aqua Class. The restaurants know if you are eligible and charge accordingly. Never heard of anyone having a problem with the charges.

 

I sense some bargaining in my future.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never had a problem. There is a a Bar close to Blue and you could put your name in and grab a cocktail while you wait. You're on vacation! Chill. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, zitsky said:

 

I sense some bargaining in my future.  

There may be a paper offer in an envelope like Orator said. My experience was that the slip of paper was very small so check the envelope carefully. The percentage may change from cruise to cruise.

Edited by dkjretired
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Orator said:

I tend to go early and rarely experience waits, but I've seen people wait for 20-30 minutes. The keys is to avoid 8:00-9:30. Some ships, Reflection in particular are more likely to experience delays. They tend to offer a special price in speciality restaurants to encourage Blu diners to go elsewhere to alleviate overcrowding.

Agree in part.  We like to eat later so often go around 8:00 just as the show is letting out and try to be one of the first ones there - generally wait a short time if any (but if you walk over slowly from the show, good luck!).  On ships like Reflection we have seen waits in excess of 30 minutes.  Part of the problem was the refusal of the maître d to turn away suite guests no matter how crowded - the other part was the extra cabins.  On that sailing we generally ate at 8:30 to 9:00 to escape the crowds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Agree in part.  We like to eat later so often go around 8:00 just as the show is letting out and try to be one of the first ones there - generally wait a short time if any (but if you walk over slowly from the show, good luck!).  On ships like Reflection we have seen waits in excess of 30 minutes.  Part of the problem was the refusal of the maître d to turn away suite guests no matter how crowded - the other part was the extra cabins.  On that sailing we generally ate at 8:30 to 9:00 to escape the crowds.

Celebrity also increased the number of Aqua Class cabins without increasing the size of Blu on Reflection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On our most recent cruise in Aqua class it seemed that most wanted to eat early causing a wait and need for the beepers. We were a table of 8 which is harder to sit in Blu, but because 2 couples were zenith ( not us) the table was waiting each evening. We arrived when the doors opened.

 Just depends on the travellers so you cannot assume that any particular time is better until each cruise happens

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

On our most recent cruise in Aqua class it seemed that most wanted to eat early causing a wait and need for the beepers. We were a table of 8 which is harder to sit in Blu, but because 2 couples were zenith ( not us) the table was waiting each evening. We arrived when the doors opened.

 Just depends on the travellers so you cannot assume that any particular time is better until each cruise happens

 

What is Zenith?  X frequent cruiser?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...