Jump to content

Cruise with Confidence and refundable/nonrefundable deposits


kfrey68
 Share

Recommended Posts

I want to start with...I love Celebrity and can't wait to cruise again. I am bit confused by all the "guarantees" Celebrity has now and just want to make sure I understand before I finalize my booking.  I called the Captains Club but the representative that I spoke with was not as helpful as I had hoped.

 

My understanding is with the CWC program, you can cancel any time up to 48 hours prior to the cruise for any reason and receive 100% of what you paid toward a future booking (yes, I know there are time limits to complete the booking/cruise).  If you are able to get the 100% FCC then how does refundable vs nonrefundable deposit matter?  Also, if you book after final payment then there should not be a deposit requirement since you are paying in full, correct?

 

Thanks in advance for any assistance from the Celebrity cruise community.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have a non refundable deposit then you can’t get that cash back but you can get fcc.
If you have a refundable deposit but are past final payment you get fcc.

If you cancel before final payment day and have a refundable deposit then you get your money returned. 

Sounds right to me anyway lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your understanding is the same as mine.  At the end of July, I cancelled an October cruise and am waiting to receive a 100% FCC.  They'll refund the port charges.  My TA has been told it should take about 6 weeks to settle up which will be Labor Day so I'll check back again later that week.  I paid the full amount when I booked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, paulajj said:

If you have a non refundable deposit then you can’t get that cash back but you can get fcc.
If you have a refundable deposit but are past final payment you get fcc.

If you cancel before final payment day and have a refundable deposit then you get your money returned. 

Sounds right to me anyway lol

But if you have a non-refundable deposit and get the FCC if you cancel, is the FCC for the total paid - deposit and final payment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kfrey68 said:

But if you have a non-refundable deposit and get the FCC if you cancel, is the FCC for the total paid - deposit and final payment?

Total paid if after final payment. Just the deposit if it’s before final payment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you cancel before final payment, there is a $100.00 pp fee, and the balance will be a fcc. If you cancel the current cruise and switch to another cruise, you will still be penalized the $100.00 pp, and the balance of the deposit will go toward the new cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

If you cancel before final payment, there is a $100.00 pp fee, and the balance will be a fcc. If you cancel the current cruise and switch to another cruise, you will still be penalized the $100.00 pp, and the balance of the deposit will go toward the new cruise.

At the moment, there is no $100 penalty.  I just lifted this from the X Cruise with Confidence page.

  • Nonrefundable Deposit Bookings: If canceled outside of penalty, the full deposit amount will be returned (without penalty) in the form of an FCC. If canceled within any phase of penalty, the cruise fare including full deposit (without penalty) will be issued as an FCC.

I

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In support of goofysmom99:  I had two reservations for a holiday cruise this December, Aqua class rooms, for wife and I, and the other room for daughter.  Just today I was able to change one reservation to Edge holiday cruise in December 2022 for a suite that can sleep all three of us and the nonrefundable deposit transferred with no penalty.  The other reservation was canceled but the deposit was able to be applied to the now single reservation.  Happy Elite Plus customer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

At the moment, there is no $100 penalty.  I just lifted this from the X Cruise with Confidence page.

  • Nonrefundable Deposit Bookings: If canceled outside of penalty, the full deposit amount will be returned (without penalty) in the form of an FCC. If canceled within any phase of penalty, the cruise fare including full deposit (without penalty) will be issued as an FCC.

I

Thank you for the information.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bayview2 said:

In support of goofysmom99:  I had two reservations for a holiday cruise this December, Aqua class rooms, for wife and I, and the other room for daughter.  Just today I was able to change one reservation to Edge holiday cruise in December 2022 for a suite that can sleep all three of us and the nonrefundable deposit transferred with no penalty.  The other reservation was canceled but the deposit was able to be applied to the now single reservation.  Happy Elite Plus customer.

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone for you assistance and knowledge.  Hopefully will have a cruise booked in the next day or so and hopefully not have to use the CWC...just wanted to understand in case I need to use it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...