Jump to content

The Daily for Friday August 27, 2021


richwmn
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

 

Today is Forgive Your Foe Friday, Just Because Day, and Tarzan Day


When I was a boy the Dead Sea was only sick. - George Burns

Meal suggestion for today - Icelandic Plokkfiskur

Drink of the Day - Brave Bull

Wine of the day - Cahteau d'Issan - France - Red

Destination of the Day - Horta Azores Portugal

Ships with Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Nieuw Amsterdam Destination Seattle

Mykonos Island, Greece
Eurodam 07:00 - 17:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Westerdam Destination Puerto Vallarta MX eta 8/29

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Ensenada MX
Koningsdam
Noordam Anchorage

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Long Beach
Zuiderdam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Trieste IT
Rotterdam

 

0827Europe.thumb.png.4680f08d748305eca7f0d0209ea2f3f9.png

 

0827NAmerica.thumb.png.1abb2bae29f3d9390b55de9fb03bb7d5.png

 

Rich:

Thank you for the DAILY Fleet report

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning to  all. I  laugh  at  my  phone  when  it  tells  me  that  there  is  a  "heat  advisory". It  was  already  almost  80  when  Fred  and  I  began  our  walk very  early. The  sunrise  is  after  6  am  now  so  we  have  been  starting  out  in  the  dark.

 

I  will  pass  on  the  Icelandic  Fish  Stew  as  I  doubt  anyone  would like  it  here. My  Swedish Mormor(grandmother) used  to  make  a  similar  dish  that  only  my  mother  and  Grandfather  enjoyed. It  would  make  an  appearance  at  the  Christmas  Eve Smorgasbord  and  there  were  always  leftovers.

 

Yesterday's horrific  events at  the  Kabul  airport  were  just  awful  to  see.  Prayers  for  all  of  those  people  who  died  yesterday.  I  imagine  that  had  something  to  do  with  being  wide  awake  at  3  am  once  again.

 

@Sharon in AZ, Bon  Voyage  to  you  both.  Enjoy  Alaska!

 

DD  is  driving  Tana  to  the  Pulmonary  Specialist today. The  office  warned  us  that  there  were  people  outside  the  hospital  protesting  mask  mandates  for  all  hospital  staff. Oh  my. We  are  hoping  our  patient  controls  her  temper  while  going  through  the  gauntlet  in a  wheel  chair,double  masked  with  oxygen. Sometimes  it  is  advisable  to  just  keep  one's  mouth  shut in  tense  situations.

 

Please  take  care  everyone

Terry

  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Good Friday morning.  Unique group of days.  I love George Burns and his wit.  I'll pass on the meal.  Have not been to Portugal.  Really bright sunshine this morning, happy to see it after all the rain we got yesterday.

Prayers for our care list and a toast to the celebrations.

Please continue to stay safe, try to social distance (although it seems everyone I am near wants to get closer), and wear your mask.

Brave Bull:

Ingredients
2 ounces blanco tequila
1 ounce coffee liqueur
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the tequila into an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes.
Add the coffee liqueur. Swirl the glass gently a few times to lightly mix the ingredients.
Serve and enjoy.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 7.36.22 AM.png

Not my cup if tea.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning everyone. I do believe in forgiving a foe, but there are some people who are toxic and it’s best to keep them away. Still struggling with the insurance company and expect that will continue for a while I’m sure. 
Stay safe out there.

Carol

 

 

  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today's alternate menu selection requires a bit of extra explanation.  Crystal has never had a dinner buffet option.  In a 2018 a section of the Lido Marketplace was set up somewhat along the lines of Canaletto.  It's a Brazilian style steakhouse.  There is a buffet option for salads, some sides, and deserts, but most of the items are served by waiters using long skewers and slicing off portions of 8 meats.  Churrascaria also has 2 items not on the printed menu, very tasty ranch fries along with the main course, and one desert, a grilled cinnamon spiced pineapple that I love so much I could almost eat somewhere else and go to Churrascaria just for desert.

 

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/churrascaria.pdf

 

I had just 3 of the meats that night,  Parmesan Chicken, Herb Marinated Baby Lamb Chops, Beef Short Ribs, Ranch Fries, and Grilled Spiced Pineapple.

 

skewer.jpg

 

dishes27.jpg

 

Roy

  • Like 31
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There were some girls dancing in what looked like an outdoor recital right out on the street.  People were gathered across the street lounging on a lawn to watch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgothNAXkSzLrtkWtPdFxD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085143

 

Some of the viewers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXCDkEAtSzQlUlPDytKqZD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137138

 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnw46RMLLCXRDwAKtiACpR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137168

 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOPj2ci8q2fU9uNiT_b440?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137168

 

We were headed back towards the ship now and would soon come upon a small park.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWOWAermzR9JinpceQcYmT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085310

 

There was a pond there with black swans in residence.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsSb8VKRUyfqAuShfTrsg7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085303

 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwezde3AVhS10EZeUaf2KM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137201

 

They had a very nicely done esplanade along the shore.  Great for viewing the ships.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCTK2dMUli-_YvyDVJKWkw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137243

 

And my favorite ship, the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2XC1yRp418DPncyyYJ_7N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137250

 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7eFjFNqvfScb1_WCgLoKA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085317

 

At 4:50 pm we pulled away and began our journey across the Atlantic to Bermuda.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7FXP6-j5fTevT7ra4PAOY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137399

 

DH and I were standing on the deck just above the bridge with a nice view of the outside bridge wings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJxMUXKmK_wAVwt8rQ9RJtb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137428

 

 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhLqwOBFRpbORo4uBU-JH1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137432

 

Captain D. D. saw us standing up there and asked us to meet him outside the Crow's Nest.  We did and he asked if we would like to have dinner in Canaletto the following night.  He also said we could bring our tablemates George and Sandy.  Of course we accepted!  He set the time at 7:00 pm the following night.  Later while we were dining he walked into the dining room and came over to our table to tell us he forgot about a meeting he had scheduled and could we make it at 7:30 pm instead?  We all said no problem, Captain!  You should have seen waiter Riris face when the Captain walked away!  He came over with eyes wide and said "What was that about??"  Oh, just a little change in dinner plans.  By the way we won't be here for dinner tomorrow night, Riris!😅

 

One more thing, we were celebrating Kings Day that day and here is the cake they prepared as well as our monkeys with the orange wigs.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHhFyjLxHbOI_Jin4RKn_A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137436

 

Here's a photo of us at dinner in Canaletto the following night.  The Executive Chef of the fleet was on board and brought us out a huge fish he had prepared for our dinner.  I only had a few bites of it since I'm not a huge fish lover.  But it was good and I enjoyed my separate entree.  George brought a special bottle of wine he had purchased on our cruise in Civitavecchia and the Captain was very surprised and honored that he had done that.  He said usually I provide all the wine, but he enjoyed it very much and asked where the shop was in Civitavecchia that George had bought it.  We were there for hours enjoying the conversation and food, and finally Captain said I have to go back to work now.  We bid him good night, then all four of us sat and chatted a while about it having been one of the best dinners we had ever experienced on a cruise.  The company was outstanding!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHtRTdJ2k-W5gkdLqTNhUd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526159922

 

  • Like 38
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We tendered to Horta on a TA. A taxi had a sign in the window “English Spoken ”. The four of us got in. One of the best tours ever. He took us everywhere the bus tour went plus. When a washroom break was needed, instead of joining the lineup of tourists, our driver took us to his family vineyard.  The walls of the stone building were lined with barrels of wine which we had our share of samples and some bottles to take to the ship.  Back in the day when there was no limit.  

  • Like 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Good morning.  The collection of days is interesting.  Somehow, the Tarzan movies never grabbed me.  I'm going out to breakfast with DD in Little Italy and to dinner later with DH...just because.   Probably won't eat anything on the food and drink lists, though.  I'll ponder "Forgive Your Foe."  Not easy ofttimes.

 

We've been to the Azores three times, though not to Horta.  Interesting fact is that many of our old Point Loma fishing families here in San Diego originally came from the Azores.  If you walk the neighborhoods in, for example, Ponta Delgada, Azores, they look a lot like some of the old hilly neighborhoods in Point Loma.  DH and I were married right there in the campus chapel in Point Loma where our sailing sister @Sharon in AZ went to college.  😊

 

Thank you once again @richwmn and all contributors for making the Daily a vibrant place.  Please keep safe today, everyone.  Prayers for the many in need of them and cheers to those celebrating -- especially our CC friends getting ready to set sail on the next NA adventure.

  • Like 21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's alternate menu selection requires a bit of extra explanation.  Crystal has never had a dinner buffet option.  In a 2018 a section of the Lido Marketplace was set up somewhat along the lines of Canaletto.  It's a Brazilian style steakhouse.  There is a buffet option for salads, some sides, and deserts, but most of the items are served by waiters using long skewers and slicing off portions of 8 meats.  Churrascaria also has 2 items not on the printed menu, very tasty ranch fries along with the main course, and one desert, a grilled cinnamon spiced pineapple that I love so much I could almost eat somewhere else and go to Churrascaria just for desert.

 

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/churrascaria.pdf

 

I had just 3 of the meats that night,  Parmesan Chicken, Herb Marinated Baby Lamb Chops, Beef Short Ribs, Ranch Fries, and Grilled Spiced Pineapple.

 

skewer.jpg

 

dishes27.jpg

 

Roy

That sounds like a very good meal.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no sunrise for August 27 and am going to August 13, 2015.  I was on the way to a Blount Cruise from Portland to Saint John and on August 13 I overnighted in Boston before taking the train to Portland.

 

dawn0813.jpg

 

Roy

  • Like 26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I can forgive my foe, but I do have a very long memory.  Just because.  While flipping channels the other day, I happened to land on TCM just as Tarzan gave his famous yell - that brought me back to my childhood when I'd first seen a Tarzan movie.  I watched for a few minutes, realized how poor the acting was, and continued channel surfing.  LOL

 

We had another thunderstorm roll through overnight - it arrived around 2:30 AM and woke both of us from a sound sleep.  It must have had some strong winds with it, as some of the taller plants were knocked over on the patio.

 

Another busy day in the house - taking DH to a chiropractor this morning; hopefully one or two more treatments will get his shoulders back into shape.  Then this afternoon he has a meeting with another family who had a loved one pass away last year from Covid - he'll be presiding over the memorial service for her and will get all the details.  I think I'll make a brownie up before they get here and serve it to them with coffee and tea.

 

My heart goes out to all those lives lost yesterday in Kabul; the atrocities never cease.  I'm embarrassed that our Cdn. government hasn't done more to help evacuate the Afghan people who assisted our troops.  Don't get me started .  . .

 

I took one look at the menu for today and liked the last part about grilling a T-bone instead.  LOL  I think it's like Lutefisk, it's an acquired taste, or you had to have grown up having it on a regular basis.  In our house it's Friday Night Pizza, so will take a look at some menus to see what looks appealing and order in.  It's going to be a cool, rainy evening, but we can still sit on our enclosed deck and enjoy our pizza.  And wine.

 

@Sharon in AZwishing you safe travels today and a wonderful cruise!

 

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses to celebrate all on the happy list.  Be well, stay safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, and hydrate!

 

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂 🙂

Gerry

 

  • Like 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

There were some girls dancing in what looked like an outdoor recital right out on the street.  People were gathered across the street lounging on a lawn to watch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgothNAXkSzLrtkWtPdFxD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085143

 

Some of the viewers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXCDkEAtSzQlUlPDytKqZD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137138

 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnw46RMLLCXRDwAKtiACpR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137168

 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOPj2ci8q2fU9uNiT_b440?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137168

 

We were headed back towards the ship now and would soon come upon a small park.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWOWAermzR9JinpceQcYmT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085310

 

There was a pond there with black swans in residence.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsSb8VKRUyfqAuShfTrsg7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085303

 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwezde3AVhS10EZeUaf2KM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137201

 

They had a very nicely done esplanade along the shore.  Great for viewing the ships.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCTK2dMUli-_YvyDVJKWkw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137243

 

And my favorite ship, the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2XC1yRp418DPncyyYJ_7N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137250

 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7eFjFNqvfScb1_WCgLoKA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085317

 

At 4:50 pm we pulled away and began our journey across the Atlantic to Bermuda.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7FXP6-j5fTevT7ra4PAOY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137399

 

DH and I were standing on the deck just above the bridge with a nice view of the outside bridge wings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJxMUXKmK_wAVwt8rQ9RJtb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137428

 

 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhLqwOBFRpbORo4uBU-JH1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137432

 

Captain D. D. saw us standing up there and asked us to meet him outside the Crow's Nest.  We did and he asked if we would like to have dinner in Canaletto the following night.  He also said we could bring our tablemates George and Sandy.  Of course we accepted!  He set the time at 7:00 pm the following night.  Later while we were dining he walked into the dining room and came over to our table to tell us he forgot about a meeting he had scheduled and could we make it at 7:30 pm instead?  We all said no problem, Captain!  You should have seen waiter Riris face when the Captain walked away!  He came over with eyes wide and said "What was that about??"  Oh, just a little change in dinner plans.  By the way we won't be here for dinner tomorrow night, Riris!😅

 

One more thing, we were celebrating Kings Day that day and here is the cake they prepared as well as our monkeys with the orange wigs.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHhFyjLxHbOI_Jin4RKn_A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137436

 

Here's a photo of us at dinner in Canaletto the following night.  The Executive Chef of the fleet was on board and brought us out a huge fish he had prepared for our dinner.  I only had a few bites of it since I'm not a huge fish lover.  But it was good and I enjoyed my separate entree.  George brought a special bottle of wine he had purchased on our cruise in Civitavecchia and the Captain was very surprised and honored that he had done that.  He said usually I provide all the wine, but he enjoyed it very much and asked where the shop was in Civitavecchia that George had bought it.  We were there for hours enjoying the conversation and food, and finally Captain said I have to go back to work now.  We bid him good night, then all four of us sat and chatted a while about it having been one of the best dinners we had ever experienced on a cruise.  The company was outstanding!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHtRTdJ2k-W5gkdLqTNhUd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526159922

 

That's captain Dag al right no longer with Hal sad to say..

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the lists. Forgiving your foe is one thing but forgetting is often something else. My Tarzen days are long behind me.. I think I will pass on the meal suggestion. 

I love the George Burns line. He was great on his own and also as the straight man working with Gracie Allen.

The day started off bright and sunny here but it is now beginning to cloud over. 

We are not doing a very good job with Covid here. The community infection rate is 27%. Our hospitals are full. One local school reported today that 50% of its students and teachers are currently under quarantee..

Stay safe everyone.

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

a grilled cinnamon spiced pineapple that I love so much I could almost eat somewhere else and go to Churrascaria just for desert.

 My favorite at all the Brazilian steakhouses! If it were on the vegetarian menu, I could forgo the skewered meat menu as the salad bars always have some meat dishes.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quick good morning before I head out to tackle the yard work.  I'll come back and catch up on the daily later.

 

We have been to Horta once in 2002 on the Noordam III.  I don't think too many ships had called there before.  We just walked around town.  I hope there is only one picture that is a repeat of those @StLouisCruisers Sandy posted.

 

IMG_0477.thumb.JPG.536a2c06acbb3e3e9f52d21b3037e637.JPG

IMG_0478.thumb.JPG.b1c60b81cf96b44ee3a10ae2e4ec3e3e.JPG

IMG_0479.thumb.JPG.d8e5f1a921672dbe78b17596b43d258c.JPG

IMG_0480.thumb.JPG.4e152cf012572dd4857bf3ca2d34d174.JPG

IMG_0481.thumb.JPG.5efc1101240c69359812186f492ee81a.JPG

 

Lenda

 

  • Like 32
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Morning All,

So saddened by the happenings in Afghanistan. Just read a story in the NYT about “Mikey” and how he was able to get out. When I was working I had several Afghan families in my caseload. Hearing some of what they went through and how grateful they were to get out brings it all home.

 

Great news on Tyler. Hope Tana’s appointment goes well. I had to laugh at the steak comment in today’s meal.

 

Am almost packed, and nervous and excited at the same time. The forecast is calling for more rain. The tent I ordered online got hopelessly lost, so I picked one up yesterday at REI. One with a good rain cover on it. 😁Not sure how good the riding will be with mud. 
 

Have a great day everyone!

  • Like 22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Morning All,

So saddened by the happenings in Afghanistan. Just read a story in the NYT about “Mikey” and how he was able to get out. When I was working I had several Afghan families in my caseload. Hearing some of what they went through and how grateful they were to get out brings it all home.

 

Great news on Tyler. Hope Tana’s appointment goes well. I had to laugh at the steak comment in today’s meal.

 

Am almost packed, and nervous and excited at the same time. The forecast is calling for more rain. The tent I ordered online got hopelessly lost, so I picked one up yesterday at REI. One with a good rain cover on it. 😁Not sure how good the riding will be with mud. 
 

Have a great day everyone!

 

Best of luck on your trip. Be safe and have fun!

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning. Thank you for the Daily.

 

I am a true believer that to not forgive only hurts yourself. As others have mentioned, it isn't always easy, forgiving doesn't mean we have to forget and it is wise to remove toxic people from our lives no matter who it is. Two years ago my DH and I had a conversation and decided that we are no longer going to allow anyone to steal our joy. Unfortunately, that has meant cutting ties with some friends and family who were draining us emotionally.

 

I love almost all types of seafood, but not in soup or stew so I will pass on today's meal.

 

@StLouisCruisers beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.

 

I have never been to today's destination, but hope to some day.

 

DH has been suffering from Covid, Delta variant, for almost three weeks, so I will continue taking extra care of him today. He said he actually feels better this morning whereas the last two days he was saying he felt worse than ever. So, I am very grateful to hear him say he feels better and just hope it continues.

 

Praying for all on the care list. Thinking especially of the families of those who lost loved ones in Kabul.

 

Cheers for the celebrations.

 

Blessings to all.

  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@JAM37 Prayers raised for your DH (and you as caregiver!) dealing with the Delta variant. Hoping that he continues to improve.

I'm also praying for the loved ones of all those killed in Kabul. Senseless!

Whenever I hear the Tarzan yell, I think of Carol Burnett! A classic!

Have a good day everyone, and stay safe!

Edi

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

👍Thank you for The Daily Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration Lists.

😊Have a great cruise to Craig and Sharon @Sharon in AZ.

😉Your photos in Faial are great, Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

We sailed on a Transatlantic (Princess🚢) and visited 2 of the Azores islands including Horta. I remember it was a cool and rainy day...😯a passenger slipped on the stones walking down from the church. Back on the ship she was in a wheelchair!

I grew up in San Diego @AncientWanderer and would see Portuguese families gathering in Mission Beach and either playing Bocce or lawn bowling on the Bay side on weekends. I was a beach bunny and was heading to PB.🏖

Prayers for our troops and all in need.🙏

Katie.....95° later on!😎

azores-map.jpg

FB_IMG_1629901457231.jpg

  • Like 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...