Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

I don't know how many.  Nothing has been said.  I saw the paper the security guy was using and there were more names and cabin numbers than just mine.  Until you are tested and have results, you're quarantined in your cabin. Room service has called and taken my dinner order.  The app is VERY handy.  Next, guest relations called to tell me they've upgraded my wifi.  I thanked her and told her I already had streaming.  No nurse yet.  Glad I brought along two boxes of Lacroix water this trip.  Wish I'd brought some munchies, though.  And I wait.

Dinner is knocking.

Ruth, I'm with Chris.  It'll be negative.  I'm assuming you're having no symptoms and I know how careful you've been.  Enjoy your free movies and dinner.  I'll be checking back often to see if you've been tested and have gotten your results.  Fingers and toes are crossed.  Hugs, dear friend.  We're thinking about you!

Garry

• Like 3

Ruth, so sorry to hear this, hopefully you will be negative.  Has there been more than the three announced earlier this week?

I am beginning to question how many on our cruise used fake vaccination cards to board? They can be bought online for $10.

44 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I don't know how many.  Nothing has been said.  I saw the paper the security guy was using and there were more names and cabin numbers than just mine.  Until you are tested and have results, you're quarantined in your cabin. Room service has called and taken my dinner order.  The app is VERY handy.  Next, guest relations called to tell me they've upgraded my wifi.  I thanked her and told her I already had streaming.  No nurse yet.  Glad I brought along two boxes of Lacroix water this trip.  Wish I'd brought some munchies, though.  And I wait.

Dinner is knocking.

I’m happy they’ve brought you dinner. Maybe they can drop off munchies for you also🙂 Have they given you any idea how long you’ll wait for the test result once you’ve seen the nurse? I’m getting ready to celebrate your negative test result😊

Edited by Silkroad

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Ruth, so sorry to hear this, hopefully you will be negative.  Has there been more than the three announced earlier this week?

I am beginning to question how many on our cruise used fake vaccination cards to board? They can be bought online for $10.

The thought of people using fake vaccine cards makes my blood boil.  Get the damn shot, it is free and save your $10 for a tip for the crew.  Sheesh....     sorry, back off my soapbox now!!!

PS - Ruth if you read this, I hope your test is negative.  Really enjoying reading everyone's posts.  Makes it a bit easier to bear the waiting time for November. 

• Like 3

Thanks, Garry. Hugs.

Terry, per their initial phone call, someone has tested positive that I was near.  Most likely Café al Bacio or Oceanview.  Although I suppose it could be dinner table mates.  Anyway, I'm confined to quarters for today and tomorrow, I guess.

Nurse just came by at 7:45.  Wanted to see Vax card and passport.  Then the swab up the nose.  Results in about 2 hours.  Then another PCR test in 24 hrs.  We're in Bonaire tomorrow then at sea til Sunday.  Meanwhile, I'll see how to get rid of a lot of dishes.  Maybe they'll let me put them in front of cabin next door which is vacant.  No one can enter your room.  As they say in education, this is a teachable moment. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

We will be in the Celebrity Suite, looks like same location on the "hump".  So glad you posted the photos.  Just wondering if the couch is low.  My husband has back issues and It is hard to figure out by any photos that I have seen of the room.

The sofa is normal height.    Just be careful of the sofa's in Retreat.    Unless they changed them out the original after the refurb were really low and many had trouble  getting up from them.

5 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

I was thinking of skipping the first night in Luminae and going to Tuscan or Murano to avoid the first night little bit crazy in Luminae.  Your thoughts?

We are doing the same and just booked Murano's for the first night.    First night can always be a bit crazy as everyone settles in.

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Seems I'm one of the unlucky people exposed to covid positive pax.  Waiting in my room for nurse and security.  Great. 

Security has come to make sure I'm me.  His list had quite a few names.

I've been wearing my mask on elevators but who knows who's been near me.  In room movies are free tonight.  Hope I'm not sent home.

Wow.. Is this a new outbreak?      I'm sure it's terrible having security checking up on you and being locked in you room.   Good luck and let us  know how things  go with the test.

13 hours ago, terrydtx said:

20210901_064208.thumb.jpg.a1bd2e10894eecd91737305dee0db20a.jpg

C.O. Bigelow products!  Now I remember reading (probably here on Cruise Critic) that these were on board.  Is this brand in all categories of staterooms or just suites?  What scent are they please?  I tried to zoom in, but I could not make it out.    He he he.

2 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

C.O. Bigelow products!  Now I remember reading (probably here on Cruise Critic) that these were on board.  Is this brand in all categories of staterooms or just suites?  What scent are they please?  I tried to zoom in, but I could not make it out.    He he he.

The Bigelow is only in the Suites.   I don't recall it  having much of a scent.  

I believe other  class have a generic shampoo that  many complain about.

35 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Terry, per their initial phone call, someone has tested positive that I was near.  

Nurse just came by at 7:45.  Wanted to see Vax card and passport.  Then the swab up the nose.  Results in about 2 hours.  Then another PCR test in 24 hrs.  

So hoping you test negative especially since you have done everything right.  Are you allowed to go onto your balcony if you have one while quarantining?

3 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Bulgari was the brand in the Suites.

Terry is in a Sky Suite.  He posted the photo of the Bigelow.  But Bulgari was in suites on Silhouette several years ago.  Loved it.

Edited by Stem to Stern

37 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Nurse just came by at 7:45.  Wanted to see Vax card and passport.  Then the swab up the nose.  Results in about 2 hours.  Then another PCR test in 24 hrs.  We're in Bonaire tomorrow then at sea til Sunday.  Meanwhile, I'll see how to get rid of a lot of dishes.  Maybe they'll let me put them in front of cabin next door which is vacant.  No one can enter your room.  As they say in education, this is a teachable moment. 

Ruth:  I am also hoping you will test negative.  I will be following your situation.

Charles and I still talk about the private excursion you organized to visit Giverny.  The Seattle Art Museum is currently featuring a special exhibit of Monet's work.  We will be buying tickets to attend later this month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TommyD3 said:

Celebrity moved away from Bulgari with the introduction of the Edge and Edgification of the other ships.

Too bad.  We had Bulgari in March 2020 when on the Solstice and the global suspension was implemented.  Bulgari is much better than the Bigelow products.

1 minute ago, goofysmom99 said:

I have Bigelow in my Concierge cabin.  Lavender-Peppermint.  Bring your own shampoo.  I used it on 1st cruise on my really short hair and it dried it out.

That scent sounds interesting to say the least.  Looking forward to being equally relaxed by lavender and invigorated by peppermint.  I hope you are negative and released from quarantine ASAP.