Formal nights dress code for men

jantoby

Yes, you will not be denied entry into MDR dressed smart casual on Formal night. However despite what you read on here there are still many people who do dress up on formal night (including us). On cruises departing from the UK from experience I would say that the majority do still dress up, on the compasses posted in the current Anthem thread dress code listed is still Formal.

• Like 1

It has been my experience that people are sometimes turned away from the MDR when wearing short pants for the dinner seating.  RCL’s policy says no shorts in the MDR for dinner butI have seen people do it without anything being said and, as I said in the beginning, I have seen people turned around for wearing shorts. 

Although I am a slacks and long sleeve dress shirt kind of guy, I prefer to put on a jacket and tie on formal night. Full disclosure, the last time I wore a tuxedo was to my High School senior prom.

On 8/28/2021 at 5:13 PM, livingonthebeach said:

No worries...anything goes.  As long as most of your body is covered you’ll be alright.  If a bathrobe passes (no joke I’ve seen it), just about anything passes.  Enjoy your cruise! 

We have just got off the Anthem and saw Hot Pants (with Bum Cheeks) in the Main Dining Room for Dinner.  Times have changed.

17 minutes ago, 3StepDam44 said:

We have just got off the Anthem and saw Hot Pants (with Bum Cheeks) in the Main Dining Room for Dinner.  Times have changed.

Yes indeed times have changed if that's allowed now.  I guess it's up to the discretion of the dining staff -- maybe they didn't see it, or if they did, were afraid to say anything.  

5 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes indeed times have changed if that's allowed now.  I guess it's up to the discretion of the dining staff -- maybe they didn't see it, or if they did, were afraid to say anything.  

I think they were afraid.  I did see a raised Eyebrow or Two.