“LIVE” Symphony! A greatly anticipated return to the Sea 🤗

CC Help Jenn
This post was recognized by CC Help Jenn!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic"

niksmom630 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Been waiting 539 days for this moment...🥳...when I walked off Harmony in February of 2020, i expected to be sailing the Med in May and had several others booked into 2021. 

Thankfully I have an amazing travel agent who has managed to keep track of lifts and shifts & FCC’s, and for months has shared my optimism that one of these booked cruises would finally “stick”. Once I knew it was finally going to happen, then it was a full week of anxiety waiting to take that antigen test, until finally the CVS email notification came up, and I was finally able to open that bottle of wine, pull out the suitcases, and start packing.

Have done quite a few live reports and even one on Symphony in March of 2019, so forgive any redundant photos or random musings. I won’t possible remember what I posted back then, and most certainly was a few pina coladas in during most of my live report . I am expecting this cruise experience to be a tad different, although hoping the pina colada situation is  status quo.🍹

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Expecting to land in FLL around 1pm. Will be checking in for  our pre-cruise stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.

Had a few United club passes that were set to expire, so decided it would likely be much more comfortable and less crowded there than at the gate. Definitely more comfortable but in no way less crowded. 

74688D14-CEB9-4F7F-BABE-1BDA1550B5CF.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Was just watching our old pics of the ice show with the wonderful flying drones on ice...let me know if they are still doing that light show.  It was wonderful.

I hope so. One of my favorite ice shows! 

Was excited to finally see in person the ship that I’m 0-2 sailing. Going to

park myself on the balcony so I don’t miss sail away. 

I hope to break my bad streak in November and finally get on this ship!

Back to the hotel thoughts…..absent the lovely view, this place is a hot mess. Would not recommend staying here until they get some of these renovations done. There is no lobby 

5B29D587-3C01-4D1B-BF16-3A39C1AFC84D.thumb.jpeg.c3ed32579113b06ffd5f483aa861ab07.jpeg

it’s been relocated to an interior conference room. 

6D790477-A755-4BF8-9C62-FD3A9D30F0A8.thumb.jpeg.16c793cec12db14843fd89b6a8ebe253.jpeg

there used to be an on-site restaurant, but that’s been demolished and I’m told breakfast will be served under a circus type tent on the property next to the pool 

• Thanks 2

Tried to make dinner reservations at the Boatyard because I’ve been craving that Bimini Bread. They were fully booked, but we were able to walk over in the afternoon and have a late lunch, including this famous bread. 

4978CB5A-0003-4E07-90B9-A32550E74E25.thumb.jpeg.87c89e308b7244081fa887bdfbe4a088.jpeg

so good. As was the shrimp. Priced individually 

9FDBD9D2-FD57-47B6-ADFC-4DA03BCF0600.thumb.jpeg.d098bf573d7b1745b7768632701e3a06.jpeg

• Like 2

The place was hopping with birthday parties, showers and other events. 

Then took an Uber to

Walgreens for a wine run. (please don’t judge. yes, it’s only .4 miles away but there’s nary a section of shade the entire way) 

while the Walgreens is super close, the wine selection leaves a lot to be desired. Since I’m a white zin gal, it served my needs but if you are looking for anything priced higher than $8.99, Publix or a liquor store is probably a better choice for you

view from the 12th floor elevator lobby. 

it is quite scenic in spots 😆

E905EFAC-B193-490E-85BF-E453E3D1E6E7.jpeg

• Like 5