Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

20 hours ago, genealogyfan said:

I just realized the upgrade bids are per person, not total, so I'm out. We were hesitating as we were interested in a 2 bedroom family suite. We thought the bid was total, not per person. That rules us out unless it goes down significantly.

It would SEEM they would choose highest offers first...followed by those who bid earliest.

But I bid $5 over minimum last Thursday (for sailing this Sat)...and upgrade offer screen disappeared later that day.

I was alerted Tuesday that my offer (solo studio to balcony) had been accepted.

Now this doesn't prove anything....but it sure doesn't seem as systematic as I would assume.

But perhaps there were just that many balconies still available.

• Like 1

I will make a recommendation, if you are bidding watch the inventory, my 9 night September 29th cruise on the getaway before the press release saying no more tests etc there where 14 haven suites left, Now today none left! I was able to scoop up the last courtyard penthouse this morning for the same as what I was gonna bid. If you really want the haven and can swing it do t rwly on bidding , and this is coming from someone who won my last 2 haven bids as well 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

I will make a recommendation, if you are bidding watch the inventory, my 9 night September 29th cruise on the getaway before the press release saying no more tests etc there where 14 haven suites left, Now today none left! I was able to scoop up the last courtyard penthouse this morning for the same as what I was gonna bid. If you really want the haven and can swing it do t rwly on bidding , and this is coming from someone who won my last 2 haven bids as well 

There is no way even if I bid max on 6 haven categories it would not  even come close to asking price, not even half.

To book 21 night encore they want $34,000 

Max bid is $4000 person so $8000 total.

11 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

There is no way even if I bid max on 6 haven categories it would not  even come close to asking price, not even half.

To book 21 night encore they want $34,000 

Max bid is $4000 person so $8000 total.

Well for 2 people I was willing to bid in the top of fair range, which was 1300PP for a 9 night. It cost me $2550 total to just buy into the haven in advance for balcony. Also I get the double latitude points as well. For me it was worth it knowing I am staying in the haven 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wolft927 said:

My mock booking two days ago showed 12 two-bedroom Haven suites on our October cruise. Today it shows 9. I’ve noticed over the past couple of weeks that it does fluctuate a little, and one cabin I know wasn’t shown as available two days ago was shown as available just now.  I suspect that TAs may be holding cabins for clients, then releasing them.

But still, as you said, watch the inventory!

On 8/11/2022 at 3:41 PM, wolft927 said:

I noticed the same for my Oct 29th cruise. A few days ago there were several Haven afts. Today there none. 

On 8/10/2022 at 6:07 PM, genealogyfan said:

I just realized the upgrade bids are per person, not total, so I'm out. We were hesitating as we were interested in a 2 bedroom family suite. We thought the bid was total, not per person. That rules us out unless it goes down significantly.

keep an eye on it.... it might go down (it did for us last year)... there are alot of 2 bdrm haven suites and if you are sailing during a 'low kid count' time (school year/non-holiday)...they will have alot of these available... we won a bid on one, I can't remember how much it cost us, the room was nice, the large soaking tub with outdoor view was nice (I downloaded some netflix movies and soaked)...my only complaint about this cabin was the super tiny balcony and the haven pool was teenie weenie (like for 2 people)...we did not use the 2nd bdrm at all (only for storage) and it was nice to have 2 bathrooms.. also remember, that along with a haven suite, comes a butler and a concierge and matre d that all pretty much expect/require tips... the haven was nice, we spent most of our time there...but I would never pay full price to be in the haven...

• Like 1

Now that they've opened up cruising to the non-vaccinated, I'm sure there will be less suites available in the bidding process... I'm okay with it, we've got a deck 8 fwd mini suite with extended balcony (it's about a 10x15 balcony)  We are not joiners... I don't dig the crowded pool scene upstairs... I like lazy days with laying in the sun...and I also like being able to just walk inside and use my own bathroom when needed 😉

We won our bid on a 2 bdrm haven suite last year...it was nice, but I wouldn't book it at full price.

• Like 1

The rooms I bid on we’re showing sold out even before I got the upgrade offer oddly enough

17 hours ago, complawyer said:

just got off the ncl bliss from alaska. i bid on separate haven cabins, and was locked out of each. my wife was super-pi**edat me for not just booking the regular way

Oh, no, I was hoping one would come through for you. This is why I'm watching the cost of booking vs winning a bid. We tell ourselves we'll be fine in the cabin we've booked, but honestly we are really hoping to sail in the Haven. I know we'll get over any disappointment, though.

Unfortunately if you do book rather than wait out the cheaper bid, you'll never know if your cheaper bid would have won and saved you some money. It's a delicate balancing act.

well, to clarify, and i dont mean to sound like the diva i am, we usually book a haven when possible, or a suite (not club balcony) if theship has no haven complex.

on our recent cruise (ncl bliss to alaska) we got a comped club balcony cabin. so while i was just a little disappointed in got getting the upgrade bid, it's a 1st world problem, and im sure no one will feel sorry for my wife and i that we had to tough it out in a free club balcony.lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rellim001 said:

Could anyone tell me please, if I have an upgrade bid accepted, will I lose my 4 free perks that I already have? Thanks

UPGRADE ADVANTAGE FAQ

1. Is the offer amount per person per day or for the entire duration of the cruise?
The offer amount is per person for the entire duration of the cruise. Offers are based on two occupants per stateroom - only the first and second guest will be charged.

2. Does the upgrade include any additional promotions?
The upgrade does not include any additional promotions. However, you get to keep whichever promotions you already have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, davidwar said:

Have 3 bids in am sailing tomorrow morning on the spirit out of Seattle and all still pending.  No emails at all

3 hours before we checking and all 3 bids (balcony to penthouse suites) all still pending 

I sail in less than 24 hours on Dawn from Stockholm and still have not received an upgrade or decline. I'm trying to get out of an inside and get either an outside or balcony. I know Dawn has been sailing at less than half capacity so was hoping an upgrade would come through. This is the sailing that had one of the best ports, Copenhagen,  dropped at the last minute. I thought an upgrade would be a nice gesture of compensation for the missed port.

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

I sail in less than 24 hours on Dawn from Stockholm and still have not received an upgrade or decline. I'm trying to get out of an inside and get either an outside or balcony. I know Dawn has been sailing at less than half capacity so was hoping an upgrade would come through. This is the sailing that had one of the best ports, Copenhagen,  dropped at the last minute. I thought an upgrade would be a nice gesture of compensation for the missed port.

So how would they upgrade everyone then?  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

I spoke too soon. At t minus 22 hours I got the upgrade bid accepted email. I went from an inside on deck 5 to a balcony on deck 10 for $360 for 2. My bid was at the low end of fair. Happy camper here. 

• Like 8

Sorry for what I'm sure is a repeat question, it's hard to sift through 78 pages.

Does *everyone* get a chance to bid, or do you have to be selected?  I'm looking at the Nov 14 Epic cruise, paying for a balcony (MA) and hoping to bid to a 2BR Haven Suite.  There is a ton of Haven availability right now.

On Celebrity, anyone can bid.  I gather that on NCL, you have to hope.

Any thoughts?

1 minute ago, photomikey said:

Sorry for what I'm sure is a repeat question, it's hard to sift through 78 pages.

Does *everyone* get a chance to bid, or do you have to be selected?  I'm looking at the Nov 14 Epic cruise, paying for a balcony (MA) and hoping to bid to a 2BR Haven Suite.  There is a ton of Haven availability right now.

On Celebrity, anyone can bid.  I gather that on NCL, you have to hope.

Any thoughts?

If you're eligible to upgrade you'll get an e-mail around 120 days prior to embarkation.