Waiting for our refund from choice air. Waiting and waiting

tyler6597

Our August 2021 cruise was canceled for obvious reasons and we made our air reservations through Choice Air. We made the reservations during the month of April 2021. The air cost was $3,300.28 and were still waiting for this refund. our TA has placed over a dozen calls to Choice Air and Azamara  to see what happened to our money. We have supplied our TA with cruise documents to prove the money was spent for our air travel but still no money. We have two more cruises with Azamara and we'll book some more in 2022. This experience has put a very bad taste in my mouth and quite frankly pissed me off. We are not wealthy by no means and $3,300.28 is a nice sum of money that could be used to book a cruise on another cruise line company that respects the value of a consumers money better than Azamara. I'm hoping that someone from Azamara might see this and help us recover our money before we cancel all of our upcoming Azamara cruises. 

Gary Tyler

When was your cruise cancelled?  Have you received the refund or FCC for the deposit/cruise fare.  

We had a 2022 cruise that was cancelled at the beginning of July and we received the refund of our deposit in early August. 

25 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Hard to sympathize unless we know when you canceled.  When you booked is irrelevant.  I wouldn't expect a refund in less time than a month.

The august 2021 cruise was cancelled by Azamara in April 2021. It was booked in January 2021. We received the FCC but not the airfare that was done by Choice air. I'm not looking for your sympathy. I'm looking for our hard earned money.

Gary Tyler

1 hour ago, tyler6597 said:

The august 2021 cruise was cancelled by Azamara in April 2021. It was booked in January 2021. We received the FCC but not the airfare that was done by Choice air. I'm not looking for your sympathy. I'm looking for our hard earned money.

Gary Tyler

You are right to be angry.  Your original posting didn't say that the cruise was canceled in April, rather that it was booked in April.

3 hours ago, tyler6597 said:

Gary Tyler

Maybe silly question here- did you use a credit card that you're no longer using?

21 hours ago, laurieb said:

Maybe silly question here- did you use a credit card that you're no longer using?

That's a interesting question but the answer is no. We got some money back from the same card we've been using for two years but I do appreciate your response. Were doing the same back to back as you and your wife are doing so it looks like these cruises are a go. I'm mostly excited with a little bit of hesitation because we've been disappointed 5 times with canceled cruises and I'm a little gun shy. My wife is of the opinion that she'll believe it when she gets on board. I'll buy you and your wife a drink when we start cruising on the Quest.

This is a update to our attempt to recover our airfare for a cruise that Azamara cancelled. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. The people who you and I talk to with Choice Air to make a air reservation or to change a flight are great at these task. The task of recovering your hard earned money for a cruise that Azamara cancelled is something that Choice Air or Azamara falls dramatically short in accomplishing. Between our TA and myself we have places a estimate of 50 or more calls to no avail. We even have the booking confirmation that shows  a zero balance which includes the airfare. You would think this would help or even be the definitive proof that we paid this $3, 300.00 dollars but we get the response of duhhhhh. I would appreciate if someone out there could get me the phone number or email of the Azamara CEO or someone that has a IQ above 100. If this sounds like I'm mad then you're correct. This has dragged on for over 5 months. Please help me.

Gary Tyler

6 hours ago, tyler6597 said:

This is a update to our attempt to recover our airfare for a cruise that Azamara cancelled. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. The people who you and I talk to with Choice Air to make a air reservation or to change a flight are great at these task. The task of recovering your hard earned money for a cruise that Azamara cancelled is something that Choice Air or Azamara falls dramatically short in accomplishing. Between our TA and myself we have places a estimate of 50 or more calls to no avail. We even have the booking confirmation that shows  a zero balance which includes the airfare. You would think this would help or even be the definitive proof that we paid this $3, 300.00 dollars but we get the response of duhhhhh. I would appreciate if someone out there could get me the phone number or email of the Azamara CEO or someone that has a IQ above 100. If this sounds like I'm mad then you're correct. This has dragged on for over 5 months. Please help me.

Gary Tyler

I suggest disputing the charge with your credit card company.  Azamara/ChoiceAir will have to respond; from what I have read on cruisecritic a lot of people had success using this path.

18 hours ago, mchell810 said:

I suggest disputing the charge with your credit card company.  Azamara/ChoiceAir will have to respond; from what I have read on cruisecritic a lot of people had success using this path.

I agree. We waited 90 days for Crystal Cruises to refund for a cruise in July 2020 they cancelled. There was some discussion about the financial status of the cruise line at the time, which made us a bit nervous. We disputed the payment with Chase (credit card used) and were almost immediately refunded. May have been coincidence, but I think the dispute did bump us up in the waiting line.

Diana

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruizer Diana said:

May have been coincidence, but I think the dispute did bump us up in the waiting line.

We had a similar experience, not with Azamara but with another line.  Cruise cancelled, everything but the airfare was refunded (which was a separate charge).  We waited about two months before contacting our credit card company & shortly after we received our dispute letter, we received our airfare credit in full, including the extra we paid for premium seats.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, I suppose.

Edited by DenGNNJ