Cvs testing success

maggieq

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

We had appointments this morning.  Timely testing phone calls with results and have now printed out results from texts and my chart.  I can’t believe we can now cruise on Saturday!!!! Woo hoo!

How long after your actual test did you get your results from texts and mychart?

2 hours ago, maggieq said:

We had appointments this morning.  Timely testing phone calls with results and have now printed out results from texts and my chart.  I can’t believe we can now cruise on Saturday!!!! Woo hoo!

Did you have to pay for the test at CVS?

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Your are getting me excited.    We don't  get tested until tomorrow for a Sunday cruise.    The good news is we haven't heard of any false positives. 

I am beyond excited and have ten days to go!!!  Can't get here soon enough.🤩

DH & I took our rapid PCR/NAAT test at CVS this AM and had our negative results in about one hour.  There are literally dozens of CVS locations that are closer to us but they only offered the rapid antigen test.  South Florida has been a Covid hotspot, so a PCR/NAAT test seemed more reasuring.  I was very happy to find a location that offers rapid results, even if it meant a 40 minute drive each way. 

glad to hear of all the success.

But success is only as good as if the assigned nurse shows up.

I called and they said that the Minute Clinic would not open if someone called out sick.

Each Clinic only has 1 person assigned.  

So  hoping my appointment goes well next week.  I see that they do not always load in all the day in a row.  For instance, 9/7 loaded in a week ago but 9/8 Sun loaded 3 days later.  And I am seeing more days getting booked faster now even with summer over.  

Still CVS is better than the Walgreens that only opens up 2-3 days in advance and a lot of the appointments that open at midnight are gone by 2 am.  but still another option is Urgent care but they do not bill insurance.

I have the feeling that more and more folks are doing the emed at home with monitoring on line. 

Tested at CVS today,  9/1 for our Edge cruise 9/4. Made reservations last week. Parked outside by little  building marked Covid Testing.. Stay in car until we call you.  LP open for ever us to come in. We both entered the test booth outside CVS. 

1. Verified us by photo ID.

2. Took pic of photo ID.

3. Requested our Confirmation Nr.

4. Explained what will happen,  for test and when results will be provided. 

5. We each did our own test -  Qtip in nostril rotating inside noise 5 times. Both nostrils. 

6. Return Qtip which LP put in tube. 

7. Done - no pain or no deep intrusion.

Thirty minutes later call from LP.

Both of us NEGATIVE.

ONE HOUR LATER email from CVS INFORMING us to sign into:

CVS MY CHART.

SELECTED TEST RESULTS.

TEST NAME & DATE DISPLAYED 

CLICKED ON THE ABOVE

LETTER WITH TEST RESULTS DISPLAYED. 

PRINTED IT OUT

DONE! 

TOOK PIC OF LETTER ON PHONE.

Here is a link to the video instructions from CVS.

Don't worry: very quick, you swab, results within 30 minutes.

Stay Safe & Happy Cruising.

• Like 1

Has anyone in Ohio tried scheduling with CVS. Every time I try for every day and every location I get a message that says "appointments not available at this time". Anyone else experience this? Any other suggestions on how to get a test scheduled.

24 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Has anyone in Ohio tried scheduling with CVS. Every time I try for every day and every location I get a message that says "appointments not available at this time". Anyone else experience this? Any other suggestions on how to get a test scheduled.

Does Ohio have any "pop up" testing sites?  We have had several trucks in our area (northwest Chicago suburbs) that are affiliated with a pharmacy...they stay for about a month and then move on.  Last week, a temporary place showed up in the parking lot of the strip mall near my house.  It looks like one of those moving pods that I see on TV (you know...pack up your stuff and leave it on your driveway while you work in the house).  A friend did that a couple of weeks ago...took about three days for the results.  

We also have Walgreens as an option, but I don't think they do the rapid test.

Good luck.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:13 AM, maggieq said:

How long after the phone call did they show up in your my chart?

14 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

How long after the phone call did they show up in your my chart?

From a previous posting above:

ONE HOUR LATER email from CVS INFORMING us to sign into:

CVS MY CHART.

SELECTED TEST RESULTS.

TEST NAME & DATE DISPLAYED 

CLICKED ON THE ABOVE

LETTER WITH TEST RESULTS DISPLAYED. 

PRINTED IT OUT

DONE! 

TOOK PIC OF LETTER ON PHONE.

• Like 1