Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

50 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

Does the Equinox still have the Concierge lunch for Concierge class guests and Zenith on embarkation day?

My understanding from reading others’ experiences in covid times is the lunch is no longer on embarkation day due to the staggered boarding times.  

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The ones we have are not the laminating kind.    They are kinda an envelope with a ziploc type seal at the top to make it waterproof and allow you to take it out to update with your booster. 

There are many who say not to laminate your Covid card because any additional boosters you may receive cannot be added.   Here is one article that mentions this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/shopping/wellness/vaccine-card-holders-covid-n1278122

Edited by kokopelli-az

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I always check both Lyft and Uber as their rates are not the same.    This morning Lyft won

BB71AF0B-6632-4EC1-940B-77A6EBC3A281.thumb.png.abfa4899c49f541a9cbbdbd2df976799.png

EBF0CD36-F84D-43DF-930F-75524050D28D.thumb.png.154eaf873ab9e07b8a7797c9472dd957.png

Still following along - have a wonderful trip ! - Looking forward to more pics and info !

(I have already started to pack, and have made appointments at the local CVS for the Covid Tests - even though we don't board the Equinox until the 9/26 sailing) -

4 hours ago, abbydancer said:

This is weird, in that I fly UA out of SFO almost exclusively and I don't recognise this picture.

That is down near the Tram and Bart Station.    Our flight originated in Tel Aviv and we had to check in at Domestic and then go through security at International. 

5 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Still following along - have a wonderful trip ! - Looking forward to more pics and info !

(I have already started to pack, and have made appointments at the local CVS for the Covid Tests - even though we don't board the Equinox until the 9/26 sailing) -

I'm not sure if you have seen but Celebrity just changed testing to 2 days prior to cruise from 3.

Finally got my Negative Test results and am happy we did the fast test.     The regular one took about 55 hours.  I think I would be panicking if I didn't have the other one.    We both had the test in the  same car at the same time and Iain's came through at  about 42 hours. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Nearly there then, hope it is a smooth flight.

Looking forward to following your posts on this one as we get ready for our UK cruise in 2 weeks time.

Thanks..... Yes we arrived safe and sound.      Smooth flights and both arrived early.    

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 1:04 PM, Jim_Iain said:

We were just talking about the poor lady and her lockdown due to being a close contact.    From  what others are saying if you are a close contact, even if tested negative, will not be permitted to do the second leg of a B2B.  

We are going to try to social distance at all times,   like we do at home.

I would think it would depend on how much time until your next cruise.  Isn’t current quarantine 5-10 days?    On one of the B2B listed here with different ships and thus the capability of a negative test 48 hours before sailing it would seem reasonable to consider the quarantine time as if you had been exposed at home you’d have been free to travel!   

This needs some more thinking!  Too many reasons that the person might be safer than a new passenger.  Certainly I expect a question about being expose in the last 14 days, just not sure what protocol if the answer is yes!  Of course there’s the problem that 14 day trips seem to be missing atm. 

16 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

In case Jim is unavailable, I ordered ours, which are very similar, on Amazon.  They came as a set of 2 for less than $7.00.

it took longer but I used Wish and got 3 for very little money.  They are similar to name badge holders for conventions and I had an option of which side opened.  I’d think staples et al might carry them. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

That is down near the Tram and Bart Station.    Our flight originated in Tel Aviv and we had to check in at Domestic and then go through security at International. 

if I recall from lax the Dreamliner is too big to be brought to the current terminals.  They had to built a separate place to board them.  We were bussed to the ramps to the plane.  We were leaving for New Zealand but if there is a problem with the planes size building 2 terminals seems silly. 

On 9/3/2021 at 10:56 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks ---- I really love Scotland.    Iain is from Ayershire, Robert Burns territory and was required to memorize his poetry in school. 

Yes, we were all subjected to the poetry analysis and singing the songs in school!

They do have a wonderful museum telling his life story now. He was quite a laddie, was oor Rabbie! It is worth visiting when you are next over if you haven’t already been to it.

https://www.nts.org.uk/visit/places/robert-burns-birthplace-museum

(there’s an option on the website, to read the info in Scots. Maybe Iain could read it to you.😁)

Oh and there’s no ‘e’ in Ayrshire. Ayr is the town and Ayrshire is the surrounding area.🥰👍🏻

I'm on the 8/27 cruise.

Today is last day of my cruise.

I woke up at 7 am and saw that I wasn't packed at all.

I wondered why I wasn't packed since I'm pretty good about doing at least 90% the night before.

Then I remembered I'm doing a b2b.

I need coffee...

🙂

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

Jim, thanks for providing updated info. Have a great time and enjoy the cruise!

We were going to be together on a trip to Busan, South Korea in October 2018, when we were on Celebrity Millennium, but the trip was canceled (sorry we didn't meet). We now have a reservation for February 2022 of the Millennium.