Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

Dinner 9/9

We went to Luminea for dinner.     We got chatting in the Retreat and didn't get to dinner until 8:45 and ended up closing the place.    There were 8 couples in Retreat, which is the most I've seen so far.

Each even we have been given both the Main Dining Room menu and the regular one.    We have been ordering about 1/2 of our choices from the main menu and the quality and presentation have been really tasty.

Amuse-Bouch

They have changed most of the Amuse-Bouch since we were last in Luminae.    The old ones were very boring and we often said with so many things they could do they missed on this the new ones are very good.     The one tonight was a Pea Pure gelatin with Crab meat.   it was yummy.

Starters -

Iain had the Seafood  Veloute from Luminea menu which was a large crouton with beluga caviar, Salmon Roe, Oysters, Crem Fresh and Thyme

I had the Caprice Salad from the Main menu -

FA912A59-1E3A-40CB-8CDA-58E9F046B438.thumb.jpeg.0548c022473d5bd83777ab2beff62d1c.jpeg

E4C5916F-8A16-47E3-80BE-A76F4F57EFBC.thumb.jpeg.b3b59521f4b948778ee1271d0aede902.jpeg

Main Course

Iain had Guinea Hen and I had the Black Sea Bass.

082905FF-4DC0-40E8-BE9C-7DA4B673ED1B.thumb.jpeg.05f4ff25c9f73c1fa93da650ade114b5.jpeg

76F0BDE4-C004-4011-BB87-519859A1B6A7.thumb.jpeg.1b23f95712643817377b83babb058a55.jpeg

Desert -

Iain had the Tiramisu and I had the Pistachio Ice Cream both from the main menu.

B54419C5-82D3-4513-AA92-011BE4025153.thumb.jpeg.05b1fe7292ae9b7ef5abaa24cd852c48.jpeg

8102C852-9D29-4F74-825E-F86CF9A50B92.thumb.jpeg.ba15a4d97c46e546d42d5cac18aa2d0d.jpeg

The back dining room was very private for us.   Very quiet and peaceful.   When we arrived front dining room was about 1/2 full and they know we want good social distancing to assure our B2B

25937947-043D-44ED-BBA5-22314038818C.thumb.jpeg.61e0a60f877564babe3fd7d58edcb874.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

.   They looked like they were in a scuba hazmat type garb.   There wasn't an inch of skin showing and couldn't even tell if it were a man or woman.

Sounds like COVID and being taken to isolation.

We were told by the Captain on our last morning,  on Silhouette, that 3 crew members had tested positive( at their weekly tests)  and were being kept in isolation on deck 6 ( not used for passengers at the moment, so each crew member can have an individual cabin). I wish he hadn’t told us, I preferred being ignorant of the fact. I read that the crew members were taken off the ship for isolation when it next reached Invergordon, but I’m puzzled as to why they wern’t taken off in Southampton, which was the next port

Posting Photos -

So far have been really impressed with the upload speeds to CC.  

A little trick I learned about posting photos is that when posting using an iPhone you choose your photos to upload and the upload them into an area below the  box to write.    You can either just hit submit and they are all uploaded but no spacing between photos.

I click the insert adjacent to each photo individually and put a couple line returns in to give a break between photos.   To me it is easier to view instead of of them all attached together.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Sounds like COVID and being taken to isolation.

We were told by the Captain on our last morning,  on Silhouette, that 3 crew members had tested positive( at their weekly tests)  and were being kept in isolation on deck 6 ( not used for passengers at the moment, so each crew member can have an individual cabin). I wish he hadn’t told us, I preferred being ignorant of the fact. I read that the crew members were taken off the ship for isolation when it next reached Invergordon, but I’m puzzled as to why they wern’t taken off in Southampton, which was the next port

It was the person who tested positive and they were removing them from the ship into an ambulance. 

3 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

I think the Library is beautiful! I’m sad that many new//revamped ships seem to do away with this space.

Also glad that there is a card/games room; its sort of old-fashioned cruising, but I am sort of old-fashioned!

The Library is used during the cruise with many reading in the nice peaceful setting.    So far haven't seen the Card Room used.

Hi Jim...

I can't thank you enough for relating your experience onboard the Equinox.  Your photos and descriptions are bringing sailing on her to life for us.

We haven't had the pleasure yet of sailing on the Equinox, but will be for 30 days in January and February in a suite.  We don't usually like to wish our lives away, but we can't wait to get on the high seas again.

Looking forward to much more...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 19pamela68 said:

Good for you!  I'm the same way.  My truck is 16 years old.  😉

13 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've got you both beat.  I drive a 21-year-old Lexus that I bought used when it was two years old and paid cash.  I've paid for one repair in all that time.  Hope to get many more years out of it!

Well we might have similar vehicles, I have a 21 year old RX300. I like to tell people my car is old enough to drink. I just put a couple thousand into it and hope to keep it for years.

• Like 3

our St Thomas port.

apparently there's another cruise port (Crown Princess) about 2miles east of us.

(google maps route went there. good thing i was like why does it want me to walk east towards the Red Hook ferry to St John? 😮 )

IMG_20210909_112355.jpg

Edited by fstuff1

3 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

our St Thomas port.

apparently there's another cruise port (Crown Princess) about 2miles east of us.

(google maps route went there. good thing i was like why does it want me to walk east towards the Red Hook ferry to St John? 😮 )

IMG_20210909_112355.jpg

We were thinking the same thing.    This terminal was so different  from what I remember I figured there has to be a second terminal.     Back to studying geography.

3 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

do you know what happened to the person that was offloaded today reported to be in a scuba type protective gear suit? (st thomas)

I didn't see one today.    When I saw one in a scuba type outfit it was in St Croix.     Was there another one reported?

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I click the insert adjacent to each photo individually and put a couple line returns in to give a break between photos.   To me it is easier to view instead of of them all attached together.

Thanks to you, I now know how to put spaces in. 

• Thanks 1