Jump to content

Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog


Jim_Iain
 Share

Recommended Posts

Loving the review, Jim. 

If you have a second, can you provide details of what you are working with the private journeys group on for St. Maarten? I have a request in to Private Journeys for our St Maarten day on the Edge in a couple weeks and was wondering what cost you are being quoted for a party of two. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Try tunnel  bear as  someone else recommended.   I use it when the main VPN sites are blocked.   They have a setting -  I forget what that works even in China.     Play with they different VPN protocals -  I believe there are about 4 for different purposes.  

Jim,

Do you have any trouble using VPN on the ship.

If yes how do you go around?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

 

Jim - do you know anything about the movies that are being shown on the Lawn Club ? - Is everyone seated outside ? - How is the screen set-up ?

Thank You 

Movies are listed i the daily bottom right.  No seating on Equinox.   You sit in the grass. 
 

yesterday they had the First night of The Proms from London Live

 

Tonight 

 

75CAA5A8-E780-41E8-A449-C644DA4A3842.thumb.jpeg.c80f3baadf431e7d9d82555eec0f2e47.jpeg

 

during the day high def shows. Nothing published on subject. 

 


 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Movies are listed i the daily bottom right.  No seating on Equinox.   You sit in the grass. 
 

yesterday they had the First night of The Proms from London Live

 

Tonight 

 

75CAA5A8-E780-41E8-A449-C644DA4A3842.thumb.jpeg.c80f3baadf431e7d9d82555eec0f2e47.jpeg

 

during the day high def shows. Nothing published on subject. 

 


 

 

 

hmmmm - sitting on the grass, huh ? - Thanks for that information !! 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2021 at 10:33 AM, Islandhop9 said:

Is the helipad area ever open to commoners or is it VIP only? 

 

In know it is accessible on some of the RC ships. 

We have been up many times when we were in Oceanview, Balcony and Aqua.  We are Elite though.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Louhut1 said:

We have been up many times when we were in Oceanview, Balcony and Aqua.  We are Elite though.  

If you are doing a B2B cruise,  you have a 98% chance of being invited to the helipad on one or both legs of your trip, regardless of Captains Club status or cabin. We have been invited several times..also..I have never been asked to see our invitation! I have offered to show it and was told "We don't need to see that."...Hmmmm.... Let's crash  the  helipad party if we don't get invited on 9/17!!! ( Just kidding)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, funatseascott said:

This is the risotto everyone was raving about.

 

Jim/Lain, have you guys tried this in Murano?

9481F928-1060-41C5-80FA-92F8196E10FB.jpeg

We  pretty much have had everything in Murano a couple times prior to the Specialty Restaurants free with Suites we ate in Murano every night for 14 nights.    After the first couple nights our waiter took our menus away and the Chief would surprise us each night after checking our preferences the night before.     Incredible meals and many off menu items.   Only problem was I put on 7 pounds.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Duke95 said:

Loving the review, Jim. 

If you have a second, can you provide details of what you are working with the private journeys group on for St. Maarten? I have a request in to Private Journeys for our St Maarten day on the Edge in a couple weeks and was wondering what cost you are being quoted for a party of two. Thanks!

 

I will know more  later but I requested a 4 hour tour and explained we wanted to see sights that locals  go to and avoid the tourist traps.   This one is going to be a bit higher at I believe $425 for  the 2 of us.    

 

Will post lots of pictures to give you an idea of what we do.   

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

 

hmmmm - sitting on the grass, huh ? - Thanks for that information !! 🤔

Iain did remind me there are a couple benches around the perimeters and I guess the seating that faces the Glass show.

 

Celebrity Equinox The Lawn Club Pictures

Edited by Jim_Iain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We  pretty much have had everything in Murano a couple times prior to the Specialty Restaurants free with Suites we ate in Murano every night for 14 nights.    After the first couple nights our waiter took our menus away and the Chief would surprise us each night after checking our preferences the night before.     Incredible meals and many off menu items.   Only problem was I put on 7 pounds.

Only 7??  I think I’m there on this cruise already.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

If you are doing a B2B cruise,  you have a 98% chance of being invited to the helipad on one or both legs of your trip, regardless of Captains Club status or cabin. We have been invited several times..also..I have never been asked to see our invitation! I have offered to show it and was told "We don't need to see that."...Hmmmm.... Let's crash  the  helipad party if we don't get invited on 9/17!!! ( Just kidding)

 

I noticed yesterday when on my walk that they were posting invitations to yesterdays departure for the Helipad to AQ cabins.    Didn't look like every door so not sure.     I believe it is related to you CC level as well as room type.    Upper suites always invited for the first as well as others. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's  something many may not know about.    Outside the OceanView on Port side there is a display that announce the Daily Special

 

Today -   Gyro Station and Mediterranean Buffet

Yesterday - Toco Station and Churros


6E98FC6D-B154-4BDE-B962-709E165615A4.thumb.jpeg.ffbdc43a15b3ba742b2d5955416b97e0.jpeg

 

07B4A7CC-3F0D-4E71-8533-75066E2BF568.thumb.jpeg.52590ce54ddadcabbfe1d809d7a152ac.jpeg

 

8443DD68-0BC4-4731-BBB3-4ED7B24E8149.thumb.jpeg.83c1a5be07bde12a45d08fe036e6e206.jpeg

 

C85F6560-72B1-4773-B31A-9857D696A677.thumb.jpeg.9cf691ba0cd9604b6507f92cc0541637.jpeg

 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jim, you write an amazingly informative blog.  As a cruise blogger myself on misc. "luxury"  lines who  posts with photos, I know how much work it is.  Sincerest thanks and appreciation!  

 

I have never been on Celebrity but thanks to your blog, miaminice's Apex blog,  and reading, will soon be the first time (though on Epic).  It will be in a 10th floor suite with retreat access.  I look forward to a bed facing the window, and a bathtub also facing the window through a panel that opens into the living area.

 

A couple general suite questions, which likely apply on all X ships:

 

1.  Can guests ask the butler to set up either a coffee or a Keurig espresso machine in the suite?  I know they will bring coffee, but I do not interact well with humanity for about an hour pre-caffeination and like my coffee right when I wake up, which is at varying times.

 

2.  Can suite guests pre-customize afternoon snacks?  Or do you have to take what they bring you?

 

3.  Is there a 24/7 room service menu, and if so, would you mind posting?   
 

4.  Are you allowed to store a couple food items in zip locks in your fridge, like cheese or cold cuts, as long as you do not make a mess or start a science experiment?  I like to nibble weird things  at weird times without disturbing staff.

 

5.  Are fruit juices frozen, or fresh-squeezed?  
 

Thanks in advance! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

 

I noticed yesterday when on my walk that they were posting invitations to yesterdays departure for the Helipad to AQ cabins.    Didn't look like every door so not sure.     I believe it is related to you CC level as well as room type.    Upper suites always invited for the first as well as others. 

 

We have only been invited to the Helipad once - on our first Celebrity cruise in a regular balcony cabin.   Since the event was at the same time as wine and cheese on the lawn, we skipped the helipad.  I assumed that eventually we would receive another invitation on another cruise.   We have sailed in Concierge and Aqua and have never again received an invitation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

 

I noticed yesterday when on my walk that they were posting invitations to yesterdays departure for the Helipad to AQ cabins.    Didn't look like every door so not sure.     I believe it is related to you CC level as well as room type.    Upper suites always invited for the first as well as others. 

 

I am sure you are correct. We have been invited to the Helipad on every B2B Celebrity cruise, twice on B2B2B cruises, even when we have had inside cabins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, verizon said:

Ha,

Too bad I started cruising late in 2009.

I been telling myself I will be bored and never thought I am hooked now.

Same here plus I thought being out of sight of land would unnerve.  SO WRONG! LOL!  We have sailed plenty of times out of sight of land and had a blast with onboard activities.  We have our first TA booked on Beyond next October.  Can't wait!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Enjoy the Gift of Travel with Regent Seven Seas Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...