Jump to content

Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog


Jim_Iain
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, 39august said:

When we were last on Equinox in 2019, Aqua Spa Cafe was closed on embarkation day. We had meant to eat there. So was it open on embarkation for you? And please advise whether it is open for embarkation your next cruise, Jim. Thanks.

Aqua Spa was indeed closed on embarkation day.    The options were limited to OceanView,  Luminae and Pool Grill

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RichYak said:

Contact tracing gets you quarantined for a day and tested twice, but doesn't get you booted unless you test positive. It will keep you from the second leg of a B2B, so it's wise of you to be careful on leg 1.


According to a report from a contact traced PAX.   She had to test negative 24 hours apart and was confined for 2 days.   She then could leave room but had to wear mask at all times and be tested a final time after her second test.  

 

Out of an abundance of caution we just took a Abbott Rapid Test (non-proctored).    We will be officially tested on Thursday so since each kit has 2 tests we ran the first today and will do another tomorrow before our official test for the B2B.

 

yea - NEGATIVE 


ACF559CC-BEF0-4ED5-A265-52F2C55A83C0.thumb.jpeg.c8a886f6b2439e0b239382e08b64543b.jpeg

 

 

 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Agree about the EDEN deli.  One of the best breakfast/lunch spots on the ship.  Also, probably one of the least known.  Made to order to boot.

 

I agree and those Brownies and Chocolate Chip cookies are to die for.    It is a hidden treasure and there's a nice little area just outside on a deck to have a quiet lunch.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:


According to a report from a contact traced PAX.   She had to test negative 24 hours apart and was confined for 2 days.   She then could leave room but had to wear mask at all times and be tested a final time after her second test.  

 

Out of an abundance of caution we just took a Abbott Rapid Test (non-proctored).    We will be officially tested on Thursday so since each kit has 2 tests we ran the first today and will do another tomorrow before our official test for the B2B.

 

yea - NEGATIVE 


ACF559CC-BEF0-4ED5-A265-52F2C55A83C0.thumb.jpeg.c8a886f6b2439e0b239382e08b64543b.jpeg

 

 

 

Excellent!  Congrats!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

 

So true! I once had terrible knee pain when in Japan and was trying to get some Advil (or something like it). It was...a long process.  My daughter lives in Japan and speaks fluent Japanese, and when I’m with her, its so much easier! 

 

One funny medication travel quirk; it is illegal to bring Sudafed into Japan. I made the mistake once and it was confiscated, but it wasn’t a jolly situation!

It is really interesting how something that  is over the counter in one place is restricted in others.   A couple other examples are Aspirin with Codeine is over the counter in UK and Canada but need prescription in U.S. ;  Benadryl Ointment over the counter in the U.S. but restriction required in UK and Canada. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had a wonderful day in St. Kitts today.    We were escorted out to the end of the pier by Jonathan and met up with Jenifer the Cruise Manager.    They had a driver waiting for us with a window placard Tour 1609 (our room number).  

We were escorted by a tour leader to the gate and had our temperature taken and hand sanitizer.

 

Our Driver --- RRRRRRRRRRRRRafael  as he said with a LONG rolled RRRR's for fun.   He was driving a 9 passenger bus and we had the complete bus for ourselves.   Off we went to begin our 4 hour tour. 

 

The fist stop  was the Fairview Great House and Botanic Gardens, which was on the same property as an old Rum Mill.  We had to have our temperature taken before entering and had our hands sanitized again.    A guide met us and gave us a tour of the lovely mansion.    We were then given 30 minutes to explore the remainder of the mansion on our own and tour the gardens.

 

95D68A03-50F4-4640-A26E-41B49ED30400.thumb.jpeg.e4be63155f0ca61d624547e6b2211edf.jpeg

 

6DE92007-E6D0-4353-A686-65DF4F109E1B.thumb.jpeg.524e29c4c1858c0111428d46d5e1ecfb.jpeg

 

The lovely and efficient Jennifer

57FAA04C-06E4-4E25-9D80-780EF8B550E9.thumb.jpeg.77a8df926a5264e7cc866ce96d884349.jpeg

 

FEAC5F88-5160-4039-814E-83336235367E.thumb.jpeg.2f3407b2430559338afa58ec6ed90eba.jpeg

 

6AD59FEB-0A7C-4A48-ADF3-EDA05FF7839D.thumb.jpeg.ae60b242b552f8a885c0311bdb3569e5.jpeg

 

8D7FA695-A44D-43CD-BBBE-73299B599C45.thumb.jpeg.c45ffb4e3272e0cf7e551f1eb8db9e23.jpeg

 

81DABBC1-EFBF-487A-B688-52EAC959C1D7.thumb.jpeg.f104bd50ad1246496c30d5f43bcff9db.jpeg

 

8A9438CA-472A-44FC-97A8-2DD4E901C1B3.thumb.jpeg.83a0e48b5ee55262775bf11484ed3ede.jpeg

 

plexiglass shield for protection 

 

8A38171E-813E-4D51-A255-932E0E209E30.thumb.jpeg.380231594f1dbcd6ff4c0afb3cadbd83.jpeg

 

0544F1DA-ED28-4B03-AA10-1E695FC17DE1.thumb.jpeg.9cc9c0392a2c8fb6068a7462867612c2.jpeg

 

3A373A15-1608-4B8F-B2F4-1CBB661585E7.thumb.jpeg.b66444e9d4ae22c01c31ed6dbb428835.jpeg

 

4E46801D-58AE-467D-A28B-31A7BC184EF7.thumb.jpeg.e03e8bc9a37b3fdae8c33a5e8baa8301.jpeg

 

445FA977-DA02-4B45-B428-DD58D14F3CA7.thumb.jpeg.41b3d295970de1cc923c97398d34b748.jpeg

 

1A48712B-F44F-411F-81F2-5E820491588A.thumb.jpeg.1b6e01c449944cbb60e7655d1904e518.jpeg

 

5808481B-C7A6-4941-A638-E36861892B96.thumb.jpeg.5dfe6e83328a1f562fa3f31e59f9a2ee.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, killsport said:

Quick question -- I've seen people refer to Jim and Lain (starting with an L)... I read it as Iain (starting with an i) - the Irish spelling. Can you tell me whether I owe my wife a massage? And thanks for allowing us to join you virtually on your voyage!

Jim spells it Iain, not Lain, in all of the posts where he specifically names him, so yes, the Irish spelling.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had a wonderful day in St. Kitts today.    We were escorted out to the end of the pier by Jonathan and met up with Jenifer the Cruise Manager.    They had a driver waiting for us with a window placard Tour 1609 (our room number).  

We were escorted by a tour leader to the gate and had our temperature taken and hand sanitizer.

 

Our Driver --- RRRRRRRRRRRRRafael  as he said with a LONG rolled RRRR's for fun.   He was driving a 9 passenger bus and we had the complete bus for ourselves.   Off we went to begin our 4 hour tour. 

 

The fist stop  was the Fairview Great House and Botanic Gardens, which was on the same property as an old Rum Mill.  We had to have our temperature taken before entering and had our hands sanitized again.    A guide met us and gave us a tour of the lovely mansion.    We were then given 30 minutes to explore the remainder of the mansion on our own and tour the gardens.

 

 

Tell us about your other stop(s), please.  They cancelled the one excursion that interested us.  May want to duplicate your itinerary in Nov.  Could scroll back, but am on stupid phone.  How much $ again, for 2?

Edited by canderson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Found out that our tour  was arranged by https://www.kantours.com/new-and-exciting-island-tours-and-excursions/exciting-history-tour/    They were the company offering tours at the end of the piers in St. Kits. 

 

Thanks..making a note for our file..probably won't have a choice..if we even retain St kitts as a port

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

We stopped and saw some old petrolyph

 

EB192DD5-CA2D-40C6-B090-67A582D54542.thumb.jpeg.2f323a854f08c72ba51523aa33e01988.jpeg

 

then onto the Batik place

 

1879F4B0-B00F-46B2-8256-FB73CC9E0B6E.thumb.jpeg.6512d5a4902921636a80bd01bf4765b8.jpeg

 

854D5565-E326-4286-ACD7-B1ADADE47D1D.thumb.jpeg.98b8ba71031a9cb71ce315225b29d3ca.jpeg

 

3A63C081-FC90-4CD0-BE19-A041EF3CCDF5.thumb.jpeg.6f0888969da86dcc6ba346ffb9887d64.jpeg

 

732CBB2F-AC5E-4982-A33A-7C0EEDDF9C11.thumb.jpeg.53dd1a6cc8a045d0adf33ac27f323d69.jpeg

 

007AC413-057B-4ED2-9996-7DB6B4D6357B.thumb.jpeg.f5cfc852c30edb2d5aca76618a0ef4fd.jpeg

 

BD483D3F-074E-49B8-8978-4696D742CA1D.thumb.jpeg.c937773d0756d02e69d5e3f92a85cbf9.jpeg

 

23CE37AC-C9D5-4109-AE12-27A7A76325A5.thumb.jpeg.64b0bd061db6a64265906f5e1d5f36c8.jpeg

 

91874C85-C36F-4E30-A64F-A2A81360D4E2.thumb.jpeg.dc21ae619f1cb15f2939a36900eff6de.jpeg

 

262BD043-6208-425E-BF79-034776A444C7.thumb.jpeg.b190c937f6f9eb25ff0f895f8a472218.jpeg

 

AAC1C49D-45E0-4E8A-A7C6-F8DB58E9BC20.thumb.jpeg.2af0a3d2e00ca06af27a2b749be0b6ab.jpeg

 

2860C231-23AE-4203-8767-B0B41022C8EE.thumb.jpeg.59cd9e38a29f492a1d39ff54eb3d022c.jpegEF4CD9BF-8D17-4670-95FD-5D3DC85E15C8.thumb.jpeg.7b50ac99e55aaae6917f6b1ce96ae11d.jpeg

 

D103831D-B76F-407A-982D-7303AD1FBB96.thumb.jpeg.7cf8b96e7fee0f6dbd442fab33beb3b1.jpeg

 

D103831D-B76F-407A-982D-7303AD1FBB96.thumb.jpeg.7cf8b96e7fee0f6dbd442fab33beb3b1.jpeg

 

0FB3C49C-F81C-41A7-8635-A55800253C62.thumb.jpeg.15eabaa0ba5febcb0ff92b31307f3f4f.jpeg

 

B8341795-105B-4047-848D-2429C19A6877.thumb.jpeg.f47246727fafb98cf3790816db13bbaa.jpeg

 

2F62A2CC-B909-491E-B7D8-91CD2A6D9B45.thumb.jpeg.c2933fabeb2a393422620417b25954cb.jpeg

 

802571AC-55BD-47CC-81B2-DEA7FAA3685A.thumb.jpeg.f81e1e4e1f3c798575f51311ddcbb7f7.jpeg

 

58F97BD9-F87F-45FC-B22D-C10E4FE53122.thumb.jpeg.6a697c4b24224bfae50fc0922fb53d2e.jpeg

 

C1334469-93FB-4566-BE18-6BD9A9E4B373.thumb.jpeg.33ec3e630d14893870231dfb38468638.jpeg

 

 

Jim, thank you again for such lovely posts, photos and sharing your experience as you and your husband enjoy your journey!  It is a voice of reason, tranquility and I for one look forward everyday to reading what you post.  You obviously are a go with the flow guy, in troubled times, I do what I can do and let the rest happen and need not fret.  Awesome attitude and blog, thanks for sharing this!!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Jim, thank you again for such lovely posts, photos and sharing your experience as you and your husband enjoy your journey!  It is a voice of reason, tranquility and I for one look forward everyday to reading what you post.  You obviously are a go with the flow guy, in troubled times, I do what I can do and let the rest happen and need not fret.  Awesome attitude and blog, thanks for sharing this!!

I 2nd this.  I’m on the cruise and I look forward to seeing and hearing about the journeys.  Great pics and great info!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hcat said:

We are fans of Spa cafe but not as much as in the past..There  is no more  made to order Salmon for lunch which was the best on the ship.!   

 

Still good salads etc but there is more emphasis on very dense breads/ cakes, berries.  And way too many card players.  Still  good but not as  great!

Good spot for sail day lunch.

 

The EDEN deli on EDGE was  really is great for breskfast &  lunch with healthy food, great soups and bread..we have been spoiled!

YES!  The salmon!  We LOVED that salmon and ate it almost every day we were on the ship.  Missed it enormously when they stopped serving it.  😕

 

Joanie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, killsport said:

Quick question -- I've seen people refer to Jim and Lain (starting with an L)... I read it as Iain (starting with an i) - the Irish spelling. Can you tell me whether I owe my wife a massage? And thanks for allowing us to join you virtually on your voyage!

 

You owe your wife a massage.   Iain spelled with an "I"  is a Scot and is the Scottish spelling -  but pronounced  E-AN.     I always know a phone solicitor when they get their tongue tied around 3 vowels. 

 

Hope she enjoys the Massage. 

 

Thanks for your kind words.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Tell us about your other stop(s), please.  They cancelled the one excursion that interested us.  May want to duplicate your itinerary in Nov.  Could scroll back, but am on stupid phone.  How much $ again, for 2?

We paid $175 each or a total of $350 which I think was a bargain.       I posted the website of the tour provider that Celebrity used for us and the price through their website for Minimum of 4 is about is listed (if I recall) $69 per person X 4   

 

I was more than please at Jennifers hard work on getting the tour arranged and Loved the day.

 

By the way --- we never had a drop of rain.

 

I will post the remainder of the day tomorrow.     I ran out of time and need to head to Retreat for cocktails pre dinner.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fabulous photos of Romney Manor and Caribelle Batik. We go there every time we're  on St Kitts, and never leave empty handed. In fact I just finished making a dress from the fabric I bought on our last visit. Brings back great memories. I'm so glad you're having such a good time on your cruise

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We next visited a Rum Factory and Caribelle Batik and the Rommey Manor a home built in 1626

Oh boy.  THAT sold it.  DW says we will forego another rum factory to spend the additional time at Caribelle!  Had a family birthday party for grandson two weekends ago, and it was a runner from Caribelle from the St. Kitts 'factory' that graced the table.  Got a couple of very nice sports shirts while I was there, too.  Guess I should wear one of them for the excursion just to say 'thanks'.

 

20210914_182443.thumb.jpg.ead7063982fe967bbc42d755df723db8.jpg

 

So, sans rum, I have this as

 

Fairview Great House & Botanic Gardens

Caribelle and Romney Manor

 

You can spot my email in the signature line.  If there is anything Jennifer can convey that will make all of her hard work pay off for the next person doing the leg work for a duplicate of your excursion, please have her email me any details that will help that person.  I'm sure her counterpart won't yet be aboard the yet-to-restart Constellation for the visit we will make there on 17 November.

 

 

Edited by canderson
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com Jan '22
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...