Jump to content

Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog


Jim_Iain
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/15/2021 at 3:17 PM, maggie.1008 said:

Jim, I just asked you this on another tread but can you please find out any information about the Apex Transatlantic? The Silhouette TA canceled today because of 14 day quarantine. 

there are 1700 people booked on the Apex TAcruise. I am on the November 4th cruise and trying to figure out if the TA will cancel or the Apex TA. 
thanks so much for letting us follow along on your fabulous cruise 🚢

I confirmed that Silhouette West Bound TA was cancelled and will probably go into 2 week quarantine upon being based at a new home port.   The staff have not yet been advised for sure of the cancellations of the cruises after the return.  Most are just extrapolating from what happened to Summit.    Apex they have not been given any information from Corporate as of yet but are getting lots of questions.    Many I have talked to believe whatever happens to Silhouette will also happen to Apex

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Jim, thoroughly enjoying your blog, thank you for taking us along 🙂   

 

Question about B2B,  I realize OBC cannot transferred to the 2nd leg, but is it possible to buy things for your 2nd leg?  For example, pay to upgrade drink package for 2nd leg, or pre-purchase specialty dining?  

 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this 🙂

 

 

 

I just pre-purchased specialty dining on X website for our back to back cruises next June '22, both legs.  That's on the Edge, not sure about other ships.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

 

One thing you could do is purchase something like a bottle or two of booze on the First Cruise.    They deliver it to your room at the end of the first cruise and you have it in your stateroom for the second.     At least that is how it use to work.   I've heard some say that is not the case now for B2B's. 

 

 

 

It worked for me in Feb 2020. I bought it in the afternoon of the last day, thinking I could take it with me, but it went to the room steward. He then delivered it. He knew I was B2B. 

 

Next time, I'll wait till after dinner on the last day. I feel certain they would just let you take it at that point. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I just pre-purchased specialty dining on X website for our back to back cruises next June '22, both legs.  That's on the Edge, not sure about other ships.

It is really good to pre-book especially if you have a special event to celebrate.   You can always cancel but if fully booked your out of luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

 

It worked for me in Feb 2020. I bought it in the afternoon of the last day, thinking I could take it with me, but it went to the room steward. He then delivered it. He knew I was B2B. 

 

Next time, I'll wait till after dinner on the last day. I feel certain they would just let you take it at that point. 

That's what Iain has done on pre-Covid cruises.   Usually purchased last afternoon and they told him to take it with him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe we tested negative.   They said you would be advised if you test positive but I don't believe you are notified of a Negative.   At least no one has been pounding our our door in hazmat outfits.

They haven’t come looking for us either.  We are hiding out on the retreat sun deck, so don’t tell them.  Lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, funatseascott said:

They haven’t come looking for us either.  We are hiding out on the retreat sun deck, so don’t tell them.  Lol

 

I have to say that the process was really well organized and painless.    They only do  the shallow swabs and not the one where they clean out your brain.  

 

Our laundry just came back so all is ready for the next cruise.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just low bookings and cancellations.    I also think the 11 night cruise is more popular than the 9 day cruise.  

Understandably so. I miss the 14-night Caribbean cruises. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Jim, thoroughly enjoying your blog, thank you for taking us along 🙂   

 

Question about B2B,  I realize OBC cannot transferred to the 2nd leg, but is it possible to buy things for your 2nd leg?  For example, pay to upgrade drink package for 2nd leg, or pre-purchase specialty dining?  

 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this 🙂

 

 

 

Not the things you mentioned, no.  However, our plan is to purchase any bottled wine we may want for leg 2 and take it to our stateroom, and to provide extra tips at the end of leg one, both using OBC.  We will need opportunities such as those to spend down a huge amount of OBC that wound up assigned to our first and shorter leg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Understandably so. I miss the 14-night Caribbean cruises. 

Also the scheduled was changed and Nassau was cancelled due to dock constructions and we now have an overnight in Aruba.  

 

Currently all 3 of the ABC's should be available for Tour on our Own.

 

Southern Caribbean
On your own tours are permitted in St. Croix, St. Thomas, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and St. Lucia. Excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises are required in Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Maarten and Tortola, BVI and St. Lucia. While in Aruba, the use of masks is required while indoors, except for while eating and drinking.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Also the scheduled was changed and Nassau was cancelled due to dock constructions and we now have an overnight in Aruba.  

 

Currently all 3 of the ABC's should be available for Tour on our Own.

 

Southern Caribbean
On your own tours are permitted in St. Croix, St. Thomas, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and St. Lucia. Excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises are required in Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Maarten and Tortola, BVI and St. Lucia. While in Aruba, the use of masks is required while indoors, except for while eating and drinking.

 

Mistake??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Mistake??

Have you heard otherwise?    I just pulled from Celebrity website, but  I'm aware they are not always consistent.    I'll ask later in the Retreat to confirm.   

 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

Edited by Jim_Iain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Also the scheduled was changed and Nassau was cancelled due to dock constructions and we now have an overnight in Aruba.  

 

Currently all 3 of the ABC's should be available for Tour on our Own.

 

Southern Caribbean
On your own tours are permitted in St. Croix, St. Thomas, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and St. Lucia. Excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises are required in Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Maarten and Tortola, BVI and St. Lucia. While in Aruba, the use of masks is required while indoors, except for while eating and drinking.

Gee, that's rough, losing Nassau and stuck with an overnight in Aruba. 😉

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe we tested negative.   They said you would be advised if you test positive but I don't believe you are notified of a Negative.   At least no one has been pounding our our door in hazmat outfits.

LOL - I Am sure you would be filming it for us, too...

 

I look forward to the next segment!!!

 

bon voyage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Apex they have not been given any information from Corporate as of yet but are getting lots of questions. 

 

Celebrity has a new loyalty contest. Post to social media for a chance at a 2-night cruise on Apex

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-contest


Hopefully, there will be a similar opportunity for Beyond when she is in Southampton in the Spring, prior to her inaugural cruise.

Edited by upwarduk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

I'm not on a cruise, I'm just reading 2 different "versions" ... one that you're allowed a DIY tour in St. Lucia, and the other -- only X curated tours in St. Lucia 😕

 

We were in St. Lucia on the current cruise and only Celebrity Tours were allowed.   We stayed aboard.

The next cruise we only have the ABC islands.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 19pamela68 said:

I'm on my lap top and I don't see this.  Where is it at?  Thank you!

 

When  you click on the search box it shows the search options.    Not intuitive at all.

 

image.thumb.png.7990bd339be567d728dcf6ea0d0d6433.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...