Jump to content

Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog


Jim_Iain
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/23/2021 at 12:13 PM, NBliving said:

Thanks for this info!  Looks like an idea for Curacao for our cruise in April.  We are there overnight so we would have plenty of time.  

 

If you're there overnight make sure to walk into town via the floating bridge after dark. It's lit up and the light show is amazing! (There wasn't much happening beyond the bridge that we found, though)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

 

Which TA are you on. We are booked on Silhouette April 8

 

It has been so nice to sail, even with the restrictions we have always felt safe.   We have been wearing masks but then again at home we are required to wear them indoor so just has become part of our life.

 

 

Thanks Jim for sharing your Equinox cruises with us. We plan to be on the Nov. 7th Southern Caribbean sailing and your posts have made us feel more comfortable with our plans.

Safe travel wishes

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

I take it they still aren't offering the luggage valet to the airport?

 

You are correct.  Still no luggage valet.    I guess we will be humping it to the airport.    I hope they bring it back soon.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jim and Ian, Scott and Sophia,

Thanks for your posts, reviews and pictures. Really enjoyed following you all! Will be feeling kind of lonely after this fantastic travelogue. And what a great thread with other contributors as well. Thank you.

Have a safe journey home and let us know when you cruise next.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Wind Jammer said:

Thanks Jim for sharing your Equinox cruises with us. We plan to be on the Nov. 7th Southern Caribbean sailing and your posts have made us feel more comfortable with our plans.

Safe travel wishes

I second what Wind Jammer said.  Thank you so much for sharing with us.  We, too, are on the November 7 sailing (Covid testing willing!!!) and feel it is safer on a cruise ship right now than it ever has been.  Safe travels back home to all!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jim,

 

Thank you so much for taking me and Karen on this wonderful journey with you both.  I have so enjoyed every post.  8 Weekes from today we will land in Tampa and spend two nights seeing some beloved friends before boarding the Connie for 11 glorious nights in that Penthouse Suite.  It’s been too long since we’ve cruised.  You have allowed us to live vicariously through your two cruises and also reinforced our hope that someday we will together and enjoy one another’s company.  The only thing that could have made your trip more enjoyable for me is if Cesar had been your butler.  I only hope to sail with him again someday.  Safe travels home to you both.  Again, thank you so much for providing us with so much enjoyment.  Trish and Karen

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Jim,

 

Thank you so much for taking me and Karen on this wonderful journey with you both.  I have so enjoyed every post.  8 Weekes from today we will land in Tampa and spend two nights seeing some beloved friends before boarding the Connie for 11 glorious nights in that Penthouse Suite.  It’s been too long since we’ve cruised.  You have allowed us to live vicariously through your two cruises and also reinforced our hope that someday we will together and enjoy one another’s company.  The only thing that could have made your trip more enjoyable for me is if Cesar had been your butler.  I only hope to sail with him again someday.  Safe travels home to you both.  Again, thank you so much for providing us with so much enjoyment.  Trish and Karen

 

Are you going to be on Port or Starboard?    We are in 1611 (Port).   Glenn is on Port side.   Scott may be able to give you the name of Starboard side since he was in the RS that side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.   Just checked

 

Thank you, Jim, for taking the time, for this (every time I've met a crew member from Romania, they were so happy to have to opportunity to speak to someone in their mother tongue, and they spread "the word", that there is a Romanian lady on board 😉), and for all your review, so riveting.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jim, let me join the many other members of this community in thanking you for what has been for the most part a wonderful trip down memory lane.

 

But thank you also for convincing me that it's time to leave my DSLR camera and accessories at home when cruising and rely solely on my iPhone. Not my old 7+, but the 13 Pro that I've my eye on. Or maybe the 13 Pro Max, as I'm used to the bigger screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Jim, let me join the many other members of this community in thanking you for what has been for the most part a wonderful trip down memory lane.

 

But thank you also for convincing me that it's time to leave my DSLR camera and accessories at home when cruising and rely solely on my iPhone. Not my old 7+, but the 13 Pro that I've my eye on. Or maybe the 13 Pro Max, as I'm used to the bigger screen.

Definitely get the Pro Max.  I have the 11 version and love it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jim - thank you for the photos, the reminders of favorite places, the introductions to new ideas for places to see, and for getting me as close to a Penthouse Suite as I'll ever be!

But most of all, thank you for all of the time you spent during the last three plus weeks sharing with those of us still stuck on land.

 

Safe travels home - Kay

Edited by MarKay525
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for taking me along on your cruise through these posts. I am trying to decide between a Royal Suite and the Penthouse suite on the Summit. The Penthouse is on the aft which would be nice but for the price difference I am sure I would be just as happy in the Royal. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures. Glad you enjoyed your cruise!!

 

Laura

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...