Tips for searching aft-facing cabins?

dpiddy

For those of us who prefer aft-facing cabins, what are your tricks for finding them? Currently, when I find an itinerary that appeals to me, in a date/price range that works, on a line I prefer to travel on, then I look at the ship deck plans to see how they categorize cabins, then go through the booking process for each category that could include aft cabins, often searching by deck, and see what's available. It's not an efficient process.

Any tips/tricks to streamline this process?

3 hours ago, dpiddy said:

For those of us who prefer aft-facing cabins, what are your tricks for finding them? Currently, when I find an itinerary that appeals to me, in a date/price range that works, on a line I prefer to travel on, then I look at the ship deck plans to see how they categorize cabins, then go through the booking process for each category that could include aft cabins, often searching by deck, and see what's available. It's not an efficient process.

Any tips/tricks to streamline this process?

After studying a ship's deck plan, I decide what categories and cabins that I think I would prefer.  Then, I contact my travel agent and allow her to do the searching for availability and price of the cabins that I prefer that you seem to be doing.  More efficient and a better use of my time, in my opinion.  

• 4 weeks later...

I just pull up the deck plan online, enlarge the aft section, and call the cruise line and let the consultant do the work while I look at the cabins she's talking about. It sometimes takes an hour, but by the end of the hour, I've got all the rates for all the cabins I'm interested in, and can make an informed decision - and they did all the work, which could take me many, many hours.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We like to sail on Cunard and know the ships very well. We do prefer the QM2.

Sailing we prefer midship and one of the middle decks. We also have preferred a certain cat called Club Britannia. Those cabins on primary to the 12 Deck and some on the bow Deck 13.

Surprising we were on a NE/Canada sailing and had mild conditions with no ill effects to waves and roughness. But did experience once in the past and needed some help with meds for one night.

Yes we also are aware of the weather those times of year and where we go.

22 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We like to sail on Cunard and know the ships very well. We do prefer the QM2.

Sailing we prefer midship and one of the middle decks. We also have preferred a certain cat called Club Britannia. Those cabins on primary to the 12 Deck and some on the bow Deck 13.

Surprising we were on a NE/Canada sailing and had mild conditions with no ill effects to waves and roughness. But did experience once in the past and needed some help with meds for one night.

Yes we also are aware of the weather those times of year and where we go.

And how exactly does this apply to the OPs question?

58 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

And how exactly does this apply to the OPs question?

Showing our preference to the area of the ship we prefer to sail at and not in the aft.

We had the pleasure to view many times the aft of other cruisers and was not really interested in viewing the wash of the ship. Unless on other ships there is another view.

Granted some views of where you were can be interesting but respectfully not for us.

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 8:17 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

Showing our preference to the area of the ship we prefer to sail at and not in the aft.

We had the pleasure to view many times the aft of other cruisers and was not really interested in viewing the wash of the ship. Unless on other ships there is another view.

Granted some views of where you were can be interesting but respectfully not for us.

Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question.

• Like 3