Jump to content

Back to Back with COVID test


carterblumeyer
 Share

Recommended Posts

My wife and I are doing a back to back(in 2 different style rooms) at the end of September on the Davina.  Will we need to leave and get a Rapid Covid test before we board back on? Will the Cruise line keep us separate walk us off then back on? Just wondering

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are doing a B2B 9/6 and 9/10.   We keep getting conflicting information from MSC.  Each time we call we are told something different, from MSC will do the test for $120 each, then told for free, then told no test, and also told we have to arrange for a test.  Each time we call it’s a different answer.  
 

We booked a covid test in Nassau for $22 each just to be safe.  This will be done on 9/7, for our 9/10 cruise.  
 

I’ll update you once we get back from our B2B’s.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have a b2b in the med starting on September 14th from Southampton to Genoa.  Our original booking was the (now) following cruise from Genoa on the 22nd.  When I called re a query after I had booked the second cruise on the 22nd I was told that b2b cruises in September were not allowed.

 

Many, many calls and emails  later  some with MSC insisting we disembark in Barcelona and fly to Genoa to rejoin the ship we finally got there.

 

We could do the b2b but had to disembark in Genoa on the 22nd, take a test paid for by ourselves (quoted 120 euro) then embark again 

 

We are double jabbed Spanish residents so not sure about the reasoning in any of the above but more than willing to do anything requested even if it doesn't make an haputh of sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UPDATE: MSC is now accepting home tests (not ones you can pick up at the store) as long as it is video teleconference with a medical professional... The results are in 15 mins! The kit(for a 6pack) is $150. You need to provide the names of the people taking the test when ordering them.  We will take 2 with us on our 1st cruise and take them 2 days before the start of the next one. 

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

We just did a B2B on the MSC Meraviglia, 9/6 & 9/10.  On the day we arrived back to Miami (9/10), the B2B folks were to meet in the dining room at 8:30.  They gave all of us (38 people) the rapid test for free, which takes 15 minutes.  We all had to wait for everyone to be tested, and the results to come back.  We waited a little over an hour (bring a book).  They provided coffee, tea, water and pastries while we waited.  Once all the tests were back and negative they took all of us as a group off the ship, through customs and immigration control, and then right back on the ship.  It was pretty simple.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for this detailed response .  It helps to hear first hand experience.

As everything MSC, this could change. 

MSC had been doing rapid tests at pier, then discontinued this practice

Now, these tests are our responsibility.

Back up plan….
We are still bringing our own Telemedicine Covid Rapid tests, just in case.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Pirokp2 said:

We just did a B2B on the MSC Meraviglia, 9/6 & 9/10.  On the day we arrived back to Miami (9/10), the B2B folks were to meet in the dining room at 8:30.  They gave all of us (38 people) the rapid test for free, which takes 15 minutes.  We all had to wait for everyone to be tested, and the results to come back.  We waited a little over an hour (bring a book).  They provided coffee, tea, water and pastries while we waited.  Once all the tests were back and negative they took all of us as a group off the ship, through customs and immigration control, and then right back on the ship.  It was pretty simple.  

Thanks….I hope they do the same for the Seashore! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Pirokp2 said:

We just did a B2B on the MSC Meraviglia, 9/6 & 9/10.  On the day we arrived back to Miami (9/10), the B2B folks were to meet in the dining room at 8:30.  They gave all of us (38 people) the rapid test for free, which takes 15 minutes.  We all had to wait for everyone to be tested, and the results to come back.  We waited a little over an hour (bring a book).  They provided coffee, tea, water and pastries while we waited.  Once all the tests were back and negative they took all of us as a group off the ship, through customs and immigration control, and then right back on the ship.  It was pretty simple.  

Curious…was your B2B two separate bookings as opposed to two weeks with one booking number? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pirokp2 said:

We had two separate bookings, a 3 day and a 4 days.  They did not have us on the B2B list at first, because I think we had two bookings instead of one to cover both cruises.

 

Thanks…that’s our situation, as well! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Pirokp2 said:

We had two separate bookings, a 3 day and a 4 days.  They did not have us on the B2B list at first, because I think we had two bookings instead of one to cover both cruises.

 

 

Did you have to notify them you were b2b or did they eventually figure it out? I also have two separate bookings b2b.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We asked our room steward and he checked his lists and said we were not B2B that on his list we were getting off.  We then told Guest Services.  Is your cabin number the same for both cruises?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pirokp2 said:

We asked our room steward and he checked his lists and said we were not B2B that on his list we were getting off.  We then told Guest Services.  Is your cabin number the same for both cruises?

Yes - we are in the same cabin both weeks…..does that matter??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, happy cruzin said:

Yes - we are in the same cabin both weeks…..does that matter??

That's good, we were not.  Just check in with your cabin steward and let them know you are doing the B2B.  They can tell you if you are on the list for the next one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...