HERE IT IS. TESTING 2 days before

RoePost

On 9/7/2021 at 7:22 AM, Jadn13 said:

The tests I received Expire 1/5/22, including the extension period.

(We have  trips booked for that period so they won't go to waste but it's not that long of a span otherwise) 

https://www.emed.com/hubfs/Case 01269955-COL-03030 BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Home Test Product Expiry Update - Customer Letter EN - US.pdf?hsLang=en

Did you find a way to order less than 6? I will need just 1 (solo cruiser)

On 9/3/2021 at 12:30 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

I'm still confused about types of testing.  I know there are Molecular and Antigen tests.  It is unclear (to me) if a NAAT is a PCR or a PCR is a NAAT test.  Even with the following link....I am wondering if Princess will accept:  NAAT, PCR, Antigen.  I do understand that with the most recent update, we ALL are going to have to find rapid tests.

I'm a visual person and found the following chart.  But if there are soon to be cruisers, It would help me greatly to know exactly which test you received (and from where).

https://www.fda.gov/media/140161/download

Thank you all.

I really appreciated you posting this.  I saved it to our vacation folder.  Thank you.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 9:35 AM, Syracusefan44 said:

I read on the RCL site that their passengers on B2B voyages need to pack all of their luggage and disembark the ship because if your test comes back positive you are not allowed back onboard the ship.

It just keeps getting more difficult to cruise every week.  Hopefully this requirement ends when we take our back to back cruise to Hawaii and Sea of Cortez in January 2022. 

I looked at that site.  Thanks. Apparently, RCL said it was an error and they ARE offering testing the day before on the ship.  I wish Princess would do that too on cruises out of the country.

On 9/5/2021 at 11:11 AM, LACruiser88 said:

We have a b2b starting Nov 1st, I can't imagine that they will make you pack up, just to return back to the same cabin.  The b2b tests have been done onboard as far as I could tell on the Alaska live threads?

That was for in the country.  Caribbean would be out of the country.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:59 PM, Cabunit said:

I spoke with a Princess rep today about the B2B situation via chat.  His points (my words, not precise quotes) were:

1.  Yes, B2B folks will have to disembark to be tested.

2.  Whether B2B folks will have to pack up is a ship level decision and we will be advised when we are on the ship.

3.  This is as of today.  We should closely monitor the Princess web site for any changes.

I think this is just because if you are actually OFF the ship, it is not counted in specific ship numbers for covid.  Probably a lawyer came up with that idea!  LOL.  If you go back on the ship then, technically, they would have to record you as a covid number.  I am not happy but so appreciate you waiting to get through to Princess and sharing with us B2Bers.

4 hours ago, mellon1 said:

I looked at that site.  Thanks. Apparently, RCL said it was an error and they ARE offering testing the day before on the ship.  I wish Princess would do that too on cruises out of the country.

Way back on the  6 Aug FAQs, Princess did state that if a test was required to continue on to the next segment, they would perform the test near the end of the first cruise.  Then Princess changed it to doing the test once off the ship.  At the way changes are happening, no telling what protocols will be by Dec.

3 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Way back on the  6 Aug FAQs, Princess did state that if a test was required to continue on to the next segment, they would perform the test near the end of the first cruise.  Then Princess changed it to doing the test once off the ship.  At the way changes are happening, no telling what protocols will be by Dec.

I know.  Not knowing what to expect is very stressful.  I would hope that Princess will make it clear.

39 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Not knowing what to expect is very stressful.  I would hope that Princess will make it clear.

Replace "I" with "Princess" and "Princess" with "the CDC".

Princess would like things to be clear much more than you would.

We are all stuck with what we have and have to make the best of it.

• Like 2