Check in Challenge

amevola

1 hour ago, CruisinNole said:

Was going to ask which ship and date because I've not been able to check in for my November 7 Constellation cruise but checked right after I started this post and now am able on my PC. Cannot do it on my phone or Celebrity app

Spoke too soon. Now cannot check in. Going to give up for a while.

5 hours ago, amevola said:

Good morning,

I am now allowed to check in for our November cruise. 😁

I have filled out all the info for passports, credit cards, and pictures, etc.  Unfortunately, I cannot get past the "Contracts" page which includes the "Health Requirement" piece.  There is a "Continue" box to click, but it is not activated.

Is anyone else having this problem?  If not, what am I missing? LOL

Thanks so much!

Which cruise/ship?

No luck on my 06-Nov Reflection

Edited by D C

36 minutes ago, amevola said:

November 27 on Reflection.

Really? Hmmm... I wonder what's up with mine since it's before yours... or is it just my X app.

It was the app.  UGH

Edited by D C

I just called Celebrity to check on what might be happening.

They have turned off check in for my cruise.  The rep said they are only offering check in for September.

I had read somewhere on the boards that this was happening, but, when the check in light came on for this cruise, I thought things had changed.  Oh, well!

11 minutes ago, amevola said:

They have turned off check in for my cruise.  The rep said they are only offering check in for September.

I had read somewhere on the boards that this was happening, but, when the check in light came on for this cruise, I thought things had changed.  Oh, well!

Just had the same thing happen.  I exited part-way through and couldn't get back in. 

6 hours ago, amevola said:

Good morning,

I am now allowed to check in for our November cruise. 😁

I have filled out all the info for passports, credit cards, and pictures, etc.  Unfortunately, I cannot get past the "Contracts" page which includes the "Health Requirement" piece.  There is a "Continue" box to click, but it is not activated.

Is anyone else having this problem?  If not, what am I missing? LOL

Thanks so much!

I had issues with checking in for Edge for late Nov and I called.  They said if I started check in online using computer something must have locked up.  Told me to go to the app.  While I grumbled and asked to have him fix the web, when I hung up I did indeed go to the app and after stumbling around for a minute to find things I was able to complete the acceptance of contract and get a time at the pier to check in.  

So the app came through when the website for computer locked up.   good luck

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, amevola said:

That makes sense, I think things are a big flux right now and there seeing what they are going to do.  Not IT issue but easy to blame.  Its just so hard to know what 80-90 days out from my cruise what everything will be like.  Good to be flexible and just roll with it at this point.  Islands/ports might be changing rules etc.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bikerunner said:

Not IT issue but easy to blame.

If they're the ones tasked with flipping the availability switch on the web and app, they either got bad instructions, which were quickly reversed by corporate, or someone fat fingered it in IT.  Given past history, I'd put shorter odds on it having been a fat finger job.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I had issues with checking in for Edge for late Nov and I called.  They said if I started check in online using computer something must have locked up.  Told me to go to the app.  While I grumbled and asked to have him fix the web, when I hung up I did indeed go to the app and after stumbling around for a minute to find things I was able to complete the acceptance of contract and get a time at the pier to check in.  

So the app came through when the website for computer locked up.   good luck

Any hint for me where you were able to complete the contract?  I have been stumbling around since reading you answer.  I still may not be able to check in, but since two different customer reps gave me two different answers,  it is worth a try.

Thanks, Oceansaway17! 😁

9 minutes ago, amevola said:

Any hint for me where you were able to complete the contract?  I have been stumbling around since reading you answer.  I still may not be able to check in, but since two different customer reps gave me two different answers,  it is worth a try.

Thanks, Oceansaway17! 😁

using the app when you sign in it should bring up your reservation and either slide finger  left to right oir up and down to access other areas.  Also, keep wandering around until you find MY PROFILE which will look like the web version.

I would say the app could use some work as it doesn't always make it easy to find My profile.

It took me a full minute to slide and pick and peck.  I found it brings up sometimes a different reservation if you have multiples.  look towards the bottom area and slide and point.  

good luck.  I was disappointed the the technie phone line person was unable to FIX the Web and chased me to their app.  One thing is once you start and save, and then it locks up, then you have to finish checkin a different way.  So if app locks go to web and vice versa.  

1 hour ago, canderson said:

If they're the ones tasked with flipping the availability switch on the web and app, they either got bad instructions, which were quickly reversed by corporate, or someone fat fingered it in IT.  Given past history, I'd put shorter odds on it having been a fat finger job.

well I told the techie person that their website should just plain say

"NOT AVAILABLE YET, keep checking back"  I told them to have better explanations so that customers do no think they made a mistake.

All comes down to communications and I find simple crap to be just that - CRAP.  Do a better job of explaining.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

using the app when you sign in it should bring up your reservation and either slide finger  left to right oir up and down to access other areas.  Also, keep wandering around until you find MY PROFILE which will look like the web version.

I would say the app could use some work as it doesn't always make it easy to find My profile.

It took me a full minute to slide and pick and peck.  I found it brings up sometimes a different reservation if you have multiples.  look towards the bottom area and slide and point.  

good luck.  I was disappointed the the technie phone line person was unable to FIX the Web and chased me to their app.  One thing is once you start and save, and then it locks up, then you have to finish checkin a different way.  So if app locks go to web and vice versa.  

I made it to the profile, but there is not anything at the bottom except  a sign-out option.  I will just have to wait.  Thanks again!

1 hour ago, amevola said:

I made it to the profile, but there is not anything at the bottom except  a sign-out option.  I will just have to wait.  Thanks again!

look for My Profile somewhere or at least call the techies then.

Or look on You Tube for a video of the app

18 hours ago, amevola said:

amevola, what worked for me after a couple dozen failed attempts on the webpage plus using the app, was to select BOTH of us at the same time for check-in on the website, instead of ticking just one of us at a time (as I've always done in the past). This and only this finally took me to a Health and Safety page with a checkbox. I completed that page and now I'm done with that part, got Xpress Passes for both of us.

It might help to know that this is how the folks at "appfeedback-at-rccl.com" (same team as "appfeedback-at-celebritycruises.com") instructed me via email, after I emailed them and described my problems.

Long story short, the app is not actually needed to complete check-in, and in fact is not "required" at all to clear the terminal and get onboard the ship. This is stated on the Celebrity website, but I didn't find it until after completing check-in. You'll see that info after you complete checkin and can see a "Print Xpress Pass" link. Yes, after completing check-in. Go figure.

Hope this is the trick that does it for you, and happy sailing!.

Edited by Moonarino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, zitsky said:

@Moonarino best post I’ve seen in a while!  Thank you!

Happy to do it! Especially because this app thing seems to need a lot of help.

Screenshots below (also posted in the "Checking in via the App" thread) that show what we get from clicking one of the "Print Xpress Pass" links, after check-in is done. Note especially the Red-circled parts. Note also this is from the website, not the app:

checkin-at-terminal-1.jpg.ae781152d5ba217ca43e7b9ce2416592.jpg

checkin-at-terminal-2.thumb.jpg.d32d0a08ea715f795cb54ef28d0701ca.jpg

PS:  Per instructions above, it's possible to print the page with the Xpress Passes from the website in lieu of using the app. You can see that my Xpress Pass shows at the bottom of the second snip above.

Edited by Moonarino
correction & clarity
  • Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 1:28 PM, amevola said:

November 27 on Reflection.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:15 PM, D C said:

Which cruise/ship?

No luck on my 06-Nov Reflection

I'm on the 20-Nov Reflection, and same issue. Not officially open for check in although I can see the blue button and fill everything out except for the contract. 

I'm trying to be patient, but it's so darn hard!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 11:01 AM, Moonarino said:

amevola, what worked for me after a couple dozen failed attempts on the webpage plus using the app, was to select BOTH of us at the same time for check-in on the website, instead of ticking just one of us at a time (as I've always done in the past). This and only this finally took me to a Health and Safety page with a checkbox. I completed that page and now I'm done with that part, got Xpress Passes for both of us.

It might help to know that this is how the folks at "appfeedback-at-rccl.com" (same team as "appfeedback-at-celebritycruises.com") instructed me via email, after I emailed them and described my problems.

Long story short, the app is not actually needed to complete check-in, and in fact is not "required" at all to clear the terminal and get onboard the ship. This is stated on the Celebrity website, but I didn't find it until after completing check-in. You'll see that info after you complete checkin and can see a "Print Xpress Pass" link. Yes, after completing check-in. Go figure.

Hope this is the trick that does it for you, and happy sailing!.

Which cruise are you on?   06-Nov Reflection for me.

I've been trying to do exactly what you posted without luck. I end up on the Contract/Health Acknowledgement page with no checkbox or anything else to agree to. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, D C said:

I've been trying to do exactly what you posted without luck. I end up on the Contract/Health Acknowledgement page with no checkbox or anything else to agree to. 

Stupid question.  Does it matter what browser you use?

It does sound like a badly made website.

I hope y'all are reporting this to Celebrity, somehow.

Edited by zitsky

2 hours ago, D C said:

Apex Nov 4.   But having problems since Saturday I think it was -- I'm getting "sorry, glitch, try later" message when I try to "View Boarding Pass / Edit Check-in" on my booking page, same link I clicked before to view my completed check-in and Xpress Pass. Maybe give it another day or two? I dunno . . .

sorry-glitch.jpg.dbb000e42dc08435c072e0657df0c8ba.jpg

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Nope, not stupid I'll suggest. I usually use FireFox (with current updates) and that worked for me to get through check-in. But sometimes I have to revert to Opera or Vivaldi or some other browser (Opera is my best back-up). I won't even mention how many browsers I have installed on my laptop.

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I hope the "glitch" message I've been getting for 2-3 days means they're working on something.

I haven't used X's website much at all in the past (just one prior cruise) but I'm very familiar with the parent company's site, Royal Caribbean and their web efforts appear to be one and the same. If you click X's "Customer Support team" link at the bottom of the booking page (and probably many other pages), you'll see RCCL in a long list of "contacts". And in my experience, Royal's website was for years the worst in the business. If RCI and X share all or part of the same IT crew (as they appear to), all I can say is GOOD LUCK to all of us.

Edited by Moonarino