Updated Celebrity testing requirements eff 9/13/21

MartinsCruise

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your 9-Night Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao cruise departing September 17, 2021, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we set sail, we would like to provide an additional reminder that Celebrity Cruises has established enhanced COVID-19 testing requirements advised by the CDC for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.   

As of September 13, 2021, all vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within two days of boarding the vessel. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.  

Unvaccinated children between the ages of two and eleven years old will be required to bring a negative PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. These guests will have an additional PCR test at the terminal prior to embarkation and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately. Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered

For your convenience we are working on an option with an authorized medical provider to offer home-test kits for vaccinated guests. This testing option will be available to purchase on our website September 8, 2021 and can be delivered to your home in two days to make your testing process quick and seamless. For more information regarding our testing requirements visit our Healthy at Sea web page here.  Guests arriving at the terminal without a negative COVID-19 test result may be denied boarding.  

We apologize for any inconvenience. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.  

Sincerely,  

Celebrity Cruises 

• Thanks 2

@MartinsCruisewell I guess we knew this would probably happen, but it certainly adds an unwelcome timing issue for those of us who don’t live near the port! We had debated whether to drive (from Maryland) to avoid flying, or fly to avoid extra exposure at hotels en route. Hopefully our home test company will have plenty of video supervisors available!

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 2

Just now, Rv6flyer said:

Does anybody know what days are counted. We cruise n the 17th and am scheduled for 15 th test. Does embarkation day count?

No, embarkation day doesn't count. Testing on 15th and 16th would be acceptable.

Just now, Silkroad said:

@MartinsCruisewell I guess we knew this would probably happen, but it certainly adds an unwelcome timing issue for those of us who don’t live near the port! We had debated whether to drive (from Maryland) to avoid flying, or fly to avoid extra exposure at hotels en route. 

We have a similarly difficult timing issue, except that we won’t be flying. For obvious reasons, I would so much rather be able to test at home, and not travel to the port if the test comes back positive. That’s the safest for everyone concerned. 

5 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

@MartinsCruisewell I guess we knew this would probably happen, but it certainly adds an unwelcome timing issue for those of us who don’t live near the port! We had debated whether to drive (from Maryland) to avoid flying, or fly to avoid extra exposure at hotels en route. 

We thought about driving for about 5 minutes and both decided it wasn't worth it.  We'll drive to BWI where we can get a non stop flight.  The problem is if you can't get results before flying, you're stuck in FL if you test positive.

• Like 1

Just now, Turtles06 said:

We have a similarly difficult timing issue, except that we won’t be flying. For obvious reasons, I would so much rather be able to test at home, and not travel to the port if the test comes back positive. That’s the safest for everyone concerned. 

Exactly. We’ll need to test at home the morning we fly, or test after arriving in FL, neither of which are optimal. I hope the testing companies are ready for this onslaught. If not, we’ll all spend a lot of time on hold. Best of luck to you! Fingers crossed😊

1 minute ago, Silkroad said:

Exactly. We’ll need to test at home the morning we fly, or test after arriving in FL, neither of which are optimal. I hope the testing companies are ready for this onslaught. If not, we’ll all spend a lot of time on hold. Best of luck to you! Fingers crossed😊

If the timing won’t work for us to be tested within the 2-day window before we leave home, we may just get tested immediately before that, and cancel if either of us is positive.  And best of luck to you as well! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Please look at the reviews of these home testing kits before deciding on that option. 

Could you please tell us the specific concern?  There are a number of folks on CC who have reported good experiences with the BinaxNow proctored home test.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

We thought about driving for about 5 minutes and both decided it wasn't worth it.  We'll drive to BWI where we can get a non stop flight.  The problem is if you can't get results before flying, you're stuck in FL if you test positive.

I know. And if we drive, we’ll be in Georgia or Florida before we can test. We’re flying out of Dulles on a nonstop flight. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. We have the eMed six pack of also. Fingers crossed!

• Thanks 1

We received our e-mail about thirty minutes ago.  We are scheduled to board the Millennium on September 17th for a B2B.  

We had originally planned to spend several days in Seattle before boarding, but when the testing requirement was initially required for cruises departing on and before September 5th we anticipated that that testing requirement would be extended.  So we rearranged our air to Seattle to arrive the day before boarding.  Had to change both pre and post cruise hotels as our first choice was totally booked.  Where we live, in the interior of Alaska, I can find only two options for a test result in 72 hours.  Fortunately we ordered the eMed home test kits last week.  While we miss cruising a week at an all inclusive resort is more and more appealing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Could you please tell us the specific concern?  There are a number of folks on CC who have reported good experiences with the BinaxNow proctored home test.  

I did not want to circulate bad news. The cvs test gets mostly bad reviews and false positives. I dont know about the others. Do your research.