REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTERING LISBON

Hi cruisers😀cruising out of Lisbon in 34 days🙂.  I was reading what the country requires for entering and it says you need an EU VAX card.....maybe I am missing the area for the USA.  Anyone care to enlighten me? I have my vaxx card which of course I will bring with me. But just trying to make sure I have everything I need!🙂

I fly out on Oct 6 and sail on the 8th.

Thank you!

Both the US Embassy for Portugal and the Portuguese airline, TAP, seem to indicate that specific negative tests are acceptable/required for US citizens to enter Portugal. 

https://pt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

https://www.flytap.com/en-us/travel-restrictions?accordionid=37cff56d-7f30-4bdc-9638-33f9ee4f6c07

The EU vaccine is just for EU member nations’ citizens as near as I can tell.  I would still take my CDC vaccine card still if I were you.  And anything can change at any time. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Thanks again........I just checked my flight on the United Website and they give a full explanation of what is needed.  I should have looked there to start with.........I need a negative test for this trip. I flew with them in July to Athens but Greece only required a vaxx card, no test needed. So every country has their own rules. I have several CVS's and Walgreens nearby. Will go to one of them for the test.

34 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

@Lois R, you can keep checking this site as well. It is an official site of the European Union and each country regularly updates its own specific page:

https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/PRT/7002

Thanks so much😀...........this will be my first time visiting your country. Looking forward to it very much!!!!

55 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

@Lois R, you can keep checking this site as well. It is an official site of the European Union and each country regularly updates its own specific page:

https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/PRT/7002

Have a question for you..........would you know where Silversea SPIRIT docks their ship? I know she will be there in the next couple of weeks. 

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Have a question for you..........would you know where Silversea SPIRIT docks their ship? I know she will be there in the next couple of weeks. 

No, I'm afraid that Lisbon Cruise Port currently is only showing the schedule for September and Silversea Spirit is not on it yet. And the website is one of the least user-friendly I have come across.

You can keep checking here as it may be updated as time goes on:

https://www.portodelisboa.pt/en/planeamento-de-cruzeiros1

You will have to increase the size of the table once it opens up in order to be able to read it. The key explains which terminals are which.

For details of the terminal, once it eventually shows up, you can check this page: https://www.portodelisboa.pt/en/terminais-de-cruzeiro

I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit to Lisbon as there is so much to see and do and the Portuguese people are among the friendliest you'll find anywhere. I am not Portuguese myself (Scottish ex-pat married to a Portuguese) but I have lived here for 35 years so I guess it must be fine! 😄 

Hope this helps.

14 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

No, I'm afraid that Lisbon Cruise Port currently is only showing the schedule for September and Silversea Spirit is not on it yet. And the website is one of the least user-friendly I have come across.

You can keep checking here as it may be updated as time goes on:

https://www.portodelisboa.pt/en/planeamento-de-cruzeiros1

You will have to increase the size of the table once it opens up in order to be able to read it. The key explains which terminals are which.

For details of the terminal, once it eventually shows up, you can check this page: https://www.portodelisboa.pt/en/terminais-de-cruzeiro

I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit to Lisbon as there is so much to see and do and the Portuguese people are among the friendliest you'll find anywhere. I am not Portuguese myself (Scottish ex-pat married to a Portuguese) but I have lived here for 35 years so I guess it must be fine! 😄 

Hope this helps.

HI, oh yes, it helps...thanks for the links🙂I am arriving a day before the cruise and staying 1 day after as well.  My flights were originally direct from Lisbon back to the states but they keep changing.......it has now been ticketed for Lisbon to Amsterdam........then on to the states.......I was hoping I would not have a stop in Europe (just easier) but no such luck.

Scottish living in Portugal for 35 years? WOW.....so is your accent still alive and well? LOL

24 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Scottish living in Portugal for 35 years? WOW.....so is your accent still alive and well? LOL

Depends on who I'm talking to. I've had to moderate it over the years to facilitate comprehension but whenever I'm in the company of family and friends from home it resurfaces. 😆

Fiona, since you have lived there for so many years maybe you can help me out with the weather🙂

I fly out on Oct 6 and arrive the morning of the 7th.....sailing on the 8th. Should it be on the cooler side at that time? Evenings I am good on the ship but just wondering about my daytime clothes. I have a lot of tours.......just curious about attire for the days. Long pants and long sleeves? Or more cropped pants with short sleeves?..........any help would be appreciated.  I usually follow the weather on line and can do that as well.....but thought I would ask🙂

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Fiona, since you have lived there for so many years maybe you can help me out with the weather🙂

I fly out on Oct 6 and arrive the morning of the 7th.....sailing on the 8th. Should it be on the cooler side at that time? Evenings I am good on the ship but just wondering about my daytime clothes. I have a lot of tours.......just curious about attire for the days. Long pants and long sleeves? Or more cropped pants with short sleeves?..........any help would be appreciated.  I usually follow the weather on line and can do that as well.....but thought I would ask🙂

You're unlikely to find it cold at that time of year but it can sometimes be a bit changeable and breezy, especially bearing in mind that Lisbon is on the Atlantic coast and not in the Med.

I would say a good bet would be capris and short sleeves with a light cover-up around your waist or in your bag just in case. Remember that if you're planning on entering any religious buildings you'll need your shoulders and knees covered anyway, so with that sort of outfit you'll be all set to go.

Note that the traditional Portuguese crazy paving is a delight to the eye (see some examples here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_pavement) and murder on the feet so be sure to wear tried and trusted comfortable footwear!

Hi, thanks for the link🙂And I have a pair of New Balance walking shoes......they should be good!

I will bring both then.........I have cropped pants that come below the knees. They are like a cotton cargo pant and will use them if it is warm enough. Otherwise, I have soft joggers. 

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Hi, thanks for the link🙂And I have a pair of New Balance walking shoes......they should be good!

I will bring both then.........I have cropped pants that come below the knees. They are like a cotton cargo pant and will use them if it is warm enough. Otherwise, I have soft joggers. 

Perfect! :classic_smile:

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

After all this help you are giving me, you want to meet up for lunch or dinner?🙂 I will be there 1 day early and staying 1 day after.

It's lovely of you to suggest it, but we're down in the south of the country, nearly 200 miles away otherwise I would have taken you up on your invitation. :)

Feel free to keep asking the questions though. If I know the answers I'll be delighted to help.

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning.........Fiona, you still around?🙂 Got all my paperwork done.....Passenger Locator Form entered, got my Covid Test last night, all negative😀.......

I fly out tomorrow evening, arriving in Lisbon Thursday morning.  

Looks like the weather has been quite nice too! (I keep checking on line).

Can't wait to finally visit!!!😀

49 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning.........Fiona, you still around?🙂 Got all my paperwork done.....Passenger Locator Form entered, got my Covid Test last night, all negative😀.......

I fly out tomorrow evening, arriving in Lisbon Thursday morning.  

Looks like the weather has been quite nice too! (I keep checking on line).

Can't wait to finally visit!!!😀

Hi Lois! :)

Yes, I'm just back from my cruise on Harmony of the Seas.

It's great to know that you're all set for your trip. It looks like you're going to have hot, sunny weather in Lisbon, so be sure to bring along a hat and some sunscreen for protection while you're out and about. 

Safe travels!

30 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Hi Lois! 🙂

Yes, I'm just back from my cruise on Harmony of the Seas.

It's great to know that you're all set for your trip. It looks like you're going to have hot, sunny weather in Lisbon, so be sure to bring along a hat and some sunscreen for protection while you're out and about. 

Safe travels!

Hi Fiona, great to hear from you and thanks for the good wishes😀

• Like 1