Are you planning to book on Vista?

Robjame

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Of the 18 Vista cruises on the website, all are listed as “wait” for every category.

As Oceania announced that reservations will open on September 15, I suspect that these are place-holders since they can't yet be reserved.

My TA informed me a few days ago, that lists with cruise and suite preferences, were being pre-submitted to Oceania reps.

16 minutes ago, Robjame said:

As Oceania announced that reservations will open on September 15, I suspect that these are place-holders since they can't yet be reserved.

My TA informed me a few days ago, that lists with cruise and suite preferences, were being pre-submitted to Oceania reps.

Ahh ok that would explain it.  Could see prices though and yikes!!  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Indeed!

Same thing happened when Celebrity opened bookings for Beyond.  I foolishly booked (have since canceled, Riviera here I come) and now the same suite that I did have on Beyond is $3k less than when I originally booked.  I am thinking people are paying more attention to Delta into the winter and perhaps are re-thinking/canceling cruise their plans until 2022, I know I am.  Currently following a live blog from a couple on a C ship, in the 5 or so days they have been sailing 4 people have tested positive and been removed from the ship.  Celebrity though is doing good by them, they pay for a private med-jet to fly them home.  

2 minutes ago, Robjame said:

I wonder if prebookings are not going as well as expected. There is an ad for Oceania in tomorrow's Globe and Mail newspaper offering prepaid gratuities for Vista's maiden voyage.

Prebookings only just began. Those ads were scripted well in advance.

Surprised about the PPG. I haven’t heard whether any of the US consortiums are getting any extra benefits.

Our request is already in the system. My TA is telling all her clients to have their requests to her by Monday so to get them into the system. 

Based on early requests, her O rep believes most cruises will be waitlisted/closed after opening day. The larger question, which O hasn’t answered is: BtB, BtBtB, etc. requests generally get priority in booking and cabin assignments over single segmenters. Will Oceania continue this practice with these initial bookings or give as many customers as possible an opportunity to experience their new ship? I guess we’ll know by this this time next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

I wonder if prebookings are not going as well as expected. There is an ad for Oceania in tomorrow's Globe and Mail newspaper offering prepaid gratuities for Vista's maiden voyage.

Bookings are not open yet

PPG is probably a perk offered  by an agency 

JMO

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Woofa said:

it will be of more interest to those in my demographic.  I would be willing to bet that is what the people Oceania are trying to bring in with a choice like this. 

I wonder what that demographic thinks about 4 o'clock tea.

I wonder what that demographic thinks about 4 o'clock tea.

I know my wife is looking forward to that more than anything else.  Of course not everyone would consider us to follow the norm. Personally I enjoy long dinners especially if with new friends with lots to talk about.  My father very much enjoyed dining and I grew up with it more than many.  Of course he did have smoking to get him through all of the breaks and pauses.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, clo said:

I'm curious. Is this 'fever' because it's new? Is that the norm? I've only seen a few photos and it seem a bit too la-dee-da for my taste. Not being critical, just curious

I am not surprised if many don’t “get it” in the same way opening day of football season, the premiere of a new play or opera or any debut are exciting don’t-miss events for others. For us, the addition of another ship by our favoured cruise line, gives us expanded opportunities and itineraries to enjoy Oceania. Added to that is our anticipation of choosing to make this ship and inaugural voyage our return to cruising. There is only one maiden voyage though it appears there will be multiple inaugural voyages.

As far as the ship itself, all we have seen so far is artistic/computer renderings. I have enough faith in Oceania that I believe any changes from Riviera and Marina will be thoughtful improvements based on feedback and experience not as cost cutting.
I  like the clean straight lines of this ship over the more formal, colourful decor of older ships. It reminds me of Viking ships with minimalist, bright and open spaces concentrating on function. I am excited to experience these in person and see if they work.

There are some changes I don’t understand and I have expressed them. I don’t think you are wrong in your thoughts.

• Thanks 1

I am not surprised if many don’t “get it” in the same way opening day of football season, the premiere of a new play or opera or any debut are exciting don’t-miss events for others. For us, the addition of another ship by our favoured cruise line, gives us expanded opportunities and itineraries to enjoy Oceania. Added to that is our anticipation of choosing to make this ship and inaugural voyage our return to cruising. There is only one maiden voyage though it appears there will be multiple inaugural voyages.

As far as the ship itself, all we have seen so far is artistic/computer renderings. I have enough faith in Oceania that I believe any changes from Riviera and Marina will be thoughtful improvements based on feedback and experience not as cost cutting.
I  like the clean straight lines of this ship over the more formal, colourful decor of older ships. It reminds me of Viking ships with minimalist, bright and open spaces concentrating on function. I am excited to experience these in person and see if they work.

There are some changes I don’t understand and I have expressed them. I don’t think you are wrong in your thoughts.

I appreciate your reply and it all makes sense. No one seems to have mentioned wanting to wait in case there are any 'kinks' that need to be worked out. Must not be an issue.

4 minutes ago, clo said:

I appreciate your reply and it all makes sense. No one seems to have mentioned wanting to wait in case there are any 'kinks' that need to be worked out. Must not be an issue

It has been suggested that shipyards are 3-4 months behind. One of the previous ships (Marina?) was delayed I think. We are retired so actual date is of little matter - and I think Oceania would placate us somehow… 😉

As far as kinks - not much really affects us and we can roll with the punches. The Vista staff will be experienced and the opportunity to be part of such an exciting cruise can make up for a lot - that and a few glasses of champagne. Our TA has already offered us prepaid gratuities IF we are lucky enough to get on board. Add to that a shipboard credit for our NCL stock and we can face the world.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, freddyflounder said:
I also noticed that every cruise was wait listed for every category.

If it's really that they are just not for sale yet, then it's pretty stupid to show wait listed because some buyers may not come back.

Flummoxed and floundered am I.

Knowing bookings are not open why would anyone check availability??

Jancruz1

• Like 3

"....why would anyone check availability??"  I looked on the O site just to see what her itineraries will be at first.  If you scroll down just to see prices, wait list status is listed for all cabins whether you cared or not (I do not but there it was).  Maybe just there to set up for 9/15.  Prices and itineraries look like the usual for right now and maybe well into 2023 so I can wait and hear how others like the ship itself and new layouts etc.  Please do post about what you all get and later when you cruise.  We have an O cruise for next fall and one for early 2023-still too too far away.  Anticipating Vista and its new look and venues is something to do meanwhile.  We got the fancy fantasy brochure yesterday but if not sailing before 2023, I wonder if all these looks will still be the same-all very brown and tan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, freddyflounder said:

Anything would be better than waitlisted but most useful would be come back on the on sale date.

Mine says that. It says RESERVATIONS OPEN SEPTEMBER 15, 2021.

It's waitlisted until September 15

A2EDC608-F9EB-4FE4-BBA0-7A68BD8F7268_4_5005_c.thumb.jpeg.7dd9f05adec8561f51cb4d701c35c48e.jpeg

5 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

Am I the only one who is just going to hope for the best and log on to the website Wednesday morning? It will be for later in 2023 and not too picky about the cabin so will see what happens. If its not meant to be than so be it. 

Pretty sure you won’t be the only one 

2 hours ago, freddyflounder said:

My husband says they have a crappy computer department or else they would have an appropriate status where people see it.

1831593071_Screenshot2021-09-112_16_35PM.thumb.png.9b34c69c42e9779abe75795684c2e25a.png

It’s a common practice before a new ship’s bookings are opened. 

• Like 1