Window view cabin on Reflection

nich3cats

We nearly always sail in an Ocean View on Deck 3.

I like the ones just  down from the passport bar. Handy for getting a drink as we are changing for dinner, close to the dining room too.

We so spend little time in our cabin after our first cruise, which was in a nice hump balcony, we decided to sail OV (unless there was a specific room on a cruise we wanted to try).

Go for the OV and enjoy a B2B.

Cheers, h.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, middlehaitch said:

We nearly always sail in an Ocean View on Deck 3.

I like the ones just  down from the passport bar. Handy for getting a drink as we are changing for dinner, close to the dining room too.

We so spend little time in our cabin after our first cruise, which was in a nice hump balcony, we decided to sail OV (unless there was a specific room on a cruise we wanted to try).

Go for the OV and enjoy a B2B.

Cheers, h.

That is the area we are looking at. Any noise issues in those cabins? Appreciate your input. 

We've stayed in the OV cabins on deck 3 on three separate cruises.  We loved it every single time! It was awesome being so close to so many places we wanted to hang out at... Martini Bar, Cafe al Bacio, World Class Bar, Passport Bar, MDR, etc.  And we never heard noise from outside our cabin at all.  The first time we were in an OV we were further down the hall from the public areas but after seeing how quiet it was we moved to the first couple of cabins down the hall from guest services.  It was incredible... we were less than 100 steps from our table in the MDR!  I would never hesitate to get an OV on deck 3.  Oh and we would always choose being on a ship longer...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nich3cats said:

We have a choice of one week with balcony cabin or two week back to back if we get a window view on deck three midship. What would you pick and why. Thanks 

I think it personal preference really. I’m the opposite to the other responders as I don’t sail without a balcony. But we use our balcony for breakfast, it’s the best and an afternoon beverage and quiet time. Or just to watch the ocean go by with the warm breeze blowing when out at sea. Now, with Covid I’m even more determined to have a balcony. I couldn’t handle being in isolation or locked down on a ship without being able to step outside. 

23 minutes ago, nich3cats said:

That is the area we are looking at. Any noise issues in those cabins? Appreciate your input. 

No noise problems whatsoever. We usually stay in 3162 or 3154 which have the bed by the window. (this is on the other Solstice class ships never sailed the Reflection but the deck plan looks the same).

As @mufflogansays, these cabins make you feel you are close to everything.

We got the upgrade fairy once and were given a very nice Concierge on midship-ish deck 7, hated it. I felt stranded in the middle of nowhere, and rarely,  if ever, used the balcony. 

Just goes to show it takes all types to fill  a ship. 

Cheers, h.