No more mailed luggage tags

39august

6 hours ago, canderson said:

How long is the 'business end' of the tag that shows cabin# and deck location that needs to be visible?

I actually have one of the luggage tag holder in front of me.  The sleeve is 6" long but is clear on both sides.  So you just fold one of the tags from Celebrity in half and slip it into the sleeve.  Your name, stateroom number, sailing date and that diagram (I've wondered if the diagram is for the internal freight elevators) is readily visible.  And these tags have sturdy wire holders to attach to luggage handles.  They won't pull off very easily.

• Like 1

Ours came in todays mail.

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

I actually have one of the luggage tag holder in front of me.  The sleeve is 6" long but is clear on both sides.  So you just fold one of the tags from Celebrity in half and slip it into the sleeve.  Your name, stateroom number, sailing date and that diagram (I've wondered if the diagram is for the internal freight elevators) is readily visible.  And these tags have sturdy wire holders to attach to luggage handles.  They won't pull off very easily.

For our last 3 cruises the luggage tags were waiting for us when we got home from our cruise. Not sure why they took so long in the mail as we are only in Canada.

We printed ours out and then just used packing tape  to 'coat' them and attach. They were very secure

Don't know if this will be helpful at all, but thought I'd share just in case. We only started cruising with Celebrity in 2015 and never received (or requested) luggage tags in the mail. We always just printed them out from the Cruise Book after checking in. We did this for our August 2021 cruise on the Summit, and then about a week before our embarkation date we received a package in the mail containing, among other things, luggage tags that had our names pre-printed on them, along with a bar code. We took these with us and used for this trip, and I do have to say that our luggage arrived at our cabin within about 30 minutes of boarding ... although there were only 320 passengers on the entire ship, so that may also have had something to do with it.

Also, as to the the luggage tag holders, we have both the "skinny" ones for Celebrity and the "wide" ones for Princess. I would note, though, that both are the same length and the Celebrity luggage tags - once folded (or cut down) - fit just fine in the wider tag holders, just in case you don't feel like buying both sizes. 

Happy sailing.

I remember how excited we were when we got the luggage tags in the mail.  It meant the cruise date was getting very close!  It's a small thing, but it just put us in a happy mood knowing we would be cruising soon! ☺️

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pickels said:

I remember how excited we were when we got the luggage tags in the mail.  It meant the cruise date was getting very close!  It's a small thing, but it just put us in a happy mood knowing we would be cruising soon! ☺️

Now you can get your At-Home Covid Test Kit in the mail.  This means your cruise date is getting close.

• Haha 6

I am the OP. Just as I suspected, when I called again today, I was NOT told they don't mail tags anymore. But, since my docs are not available to print, I was told X doesn't have access to them either. So can't mail until they are available to print. Since we are 17 days from boarding. I doubt there will be time to mail tags by the time they are available. No big deal as I know I can either print (if this option ever shows up) or get at the pier. 

5 minutes ago, 39august said:

I am the OP. Just as I suspected, when I called again today, I was NOT told they don't mail tags anymore. But, since my docs are not available to print, I was told X doesn't have access to them either. So can't mail until they are available to print. Since we are 17 days from boarding. I doubt there will be time to mail tags by the time they are available. No big deal as I know I can either print (if this option ever shows up) or get at the pier. 

Am I the only one that believes this is ridiculous on Celebrity's part?! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 39august said:

we are 16 days out, & I just received mine yesterday, don't give up hope 🙂

I had the exact same conversation with X, & the next day, my docs miraculously were available, but I did have to call to request tags

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2021 at 1:26 PM, Oxo said:

Why do you need mailed tags?  Print them out. Put your name on them and fold. 

Put them on when you get to port or have person staple them when you turn your luggage in. Been using this method for years. Yes,  cruise average 7 times a year. It is safe. Put two per bag if you want. 

A lot easier to have the mailed tags that you can attach by your self at the hotel.  Staff at the desk are usually pretty busy and with Covid we are trying to avoid as much interaction as possible before we board.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sippican said:

I had no idea that people still even received luggage tags in the mail! 

Even before I ordered the plastic holders, I used to print them out, then cover them with wide plastic tape.

What's the big deal?

Appears you've learned something new on CC, today.

Speaking only for ourselves, personal preference. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sippican said:

I had no idea that people still even received luggage tags in the mail! 

Even before I ordered the plastic holders, I used to print them out, then cover them with wide plastic tape.

What's the big deal?

I just prefer the mailed, sturdy tags 🙂  reminds of when we used to receive the docs in the mail back in the day 🙂   for myself, it kicks off the real "countdown" to my much anticipated vacation 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 39august said:

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Always take Celebrity phone customer service with a grain of salt. They have very often been contradictory and wrong. Most of the regulars on here know that.

Edited by dkjretired

36 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I just prefer the mailed, sturdy tags 🙂  reminds of when we used to receive the docs in the mail back in the day 🙂   for myself, it kicks off the real "countdown" to my much anticipated vacation 

Those were the days of the Happy Doc Dance!  It did make it seem more real, so to speak.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Yup.  I recall the days when receipt would initiate the "doc dance".

Oops.  Looks like ecslady remembered first!

Edited by canderson

On 9/7/2021 at 2:16 PM, emmas gran said:

We never had mailed luggage tags😢😢. Had to print them from cruise booklet

We have been cruising Celebrity long enough to remember the joy of them landing through the letter box along with the guest booklet...

When the UK swapped to printing only it was no big deal, we had read about the Amazon luggage tags and they have lasted many years...

However, 

On 9/7/2021 at 10:23 PM, justcrusn said:

It’s an event worth celebrating when the luggage tags arrive!

We would miss them greatly.

Its easy to print them yourself, OR the luggage porters will tag them at the pier, so lots of ways to solve the problem but it’s FUN, FUN, FUN to get them in the mail….

Couldn’t agree more!

35 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We have been cruising Celebrity long enough to remember the joy of them landing through the letter box along with the guest booklet...

When the UK swapped to printing only it was no big deal, we had read about the Amazon luggage tags and they have lasted many years...

I cannot remember getting them in the post and our first cruise with Celebrity was Mercury Panama in 2000, it's possibly because early on we booked with agents and they sent their own tags!! Yes we use the Amazon tags.

Edited by emmas gran
Add

On 9/7/2021 at 12:26 PM, Oxo said:

Why do you need mailed tags?  Print them out. Put your name on them and fold. 

Put them on when you get to port or have person staple them when you turn your luggage in. Been using this method for years. Yes,  cruise average 7 times a year. It is safe. Put two per bag if you want. 

It’s not  a necessity but it’s fun to get them in the mail and know that your cruise is coming up shortly!