Recent Horizon Cruisers Debarkation Time

JaniceB

So American just changed my flight home from noon to 11:19 from MIA.  I am Platinum and was wondering if they were still doing early debarkation for Platinum and if you thought I could make it to MIA on time.  I know the ship could be delayed arriving but based on recent trips do you think this is doable.  The next flight is not until 3:30 and is $200 more per person.  

Thank you.

10 hours ago, JaniceB said:

So American just changed my flight home from noon to 11:19 from MIA.  I am Platinum and was wondering if they were still doing early debarkation for Platinum and if you thought I could make it to MIA on time.  I know the ship could be delayed arriving but based on recent trips do you think this is doable.  The next flight is not until 3:30 and is $200 more per person.  

Thank you.

I'd take that 11am in a heartbeat.  Just off the Horizon on Saturday.  They started letting people off at 7am.  We waited and head down at 8:15am with our luggage.  SAS picked us up at 8:30am and drove us to FLL.  We were through security by 9:10am and waiting for our 11:05 flight with plenty of time to spare.  The fact that you are flying from MIA is even better!  

• Thanks 1

On my August 1st cruise, we had 11:30 AM flights out of MIA and used the Carnival busses, we made it with more than 2 hours to spare. We just went to guest services and they told us to be in the main theater by 7 AM and we were some of the first off and onto busses with Platinum & Suites. Couldn’t have been easier, you won’t have any problems making that flight time.

• Thanks 1

Unless they have changed their policy, American will let you switch to a different flight the same day for free if they change the flight time.  They have changed my flights to unworkable times more than once, so I called and changed my flights to something that worked for me.  I had to mention the 'free change due to their time change' policy.

• Thanks 1

Hey, we are on the same cruise as you.  The roll call has been very quiet.  But the same thing happened to us.  Jet Blue changed us from 12:45 to 11:15.  Also have platinum early disembarkation but did not want to take any chances and have that nagging feeling in the back of our minds during the cruise, what if there is a delay.  Since the airline made the change we were able to switch to a later flight at no charge, even though that flight was much more expensive had we purchased it ourselves.  They even let us fly into a different airport, Newark versus JFK, since they consider them co-located cities.  Now we can be one of the last ones off and not rush, sit on the Lido and have one last snack and look around.

• Thanks 1

I'm confident you're okay. We self disembarked Sunrise last week easily at about 8 and arrived at FLL via Uber through Thursday morning rush maybe around 9 or 9:15 or so.  I was so thankful I had moved our flight to the earlier 11:50a slot. You're going to be bored as heck sitting around until 3!

The overall lack of passengers on the ships right now make the Miami cruise pier literally look like a ghost town.  No problem getting to MIA in time in my view. 

Edited by jsglow
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone.  You have made me feel much better.  My DH would be very bored sitting around until 3.  I also thought about a little later doing the Everglades tour but would much prefer home early to watch some Sunday football.

7 hours ago, nycruise1 said:

Hey, we are on the same cruise as you.  The roll call has been very quiet.  But the same thing happened to us.  Jet Blue changed us from 12:45 to 11:15.  Also have platinum early disembarkation but did not want to take any chances and have that nagging feeling in the back of our minds during the cruise, what if there is a delay.  Since the airline made the change we were able to switch to a later flight at no charge, even though that flight was much more expensive had we purchased it ourselves.  They even let us fly into a different airport, Newark versus JFK, since they consider them co-located cities.  Now we can be one of the last ones off and not rush, sit on the Lido and have one last snack and look around.

Our roll call is very quiet.  I have to do some research on Curacoa  for some shore excursions since they changed our port.  I guess during covid we all just need to chill and roll with it.

• Like 1

Even the embarkation process was quiet as heck after the initial wave.  Our whole thing was delayed meaning that absolutely nobody got on the ship before 12:45p.  Literally after 1:30p, I never saw another taxi or Uber pull into the driveway. I've never seen anything like it.  Can we do this 60% forever, please?

• Like 1