Returning to UK from SeaDream voyage

Lazy Sailor

We are due on Seadream I Venice-Athens (22/9-2/10) and plan to fly back to UK on disembarkation day. Therefore planning to use a SeaDream antigen test to meet UK entry requirements for UK citizens. Has anybody had any problems with UK Border authorities using SeaDream conducted tests?

Can't wait to get back on board .

I can't comment on UK specific regulations, but I can shed some light on the testing towards the end of the cruise. On our recent cruise, there were a couple of guest flying back and requiring testing. (Mostly US). They mentioned on board that while the doctor can provide COVID testing, they are not an accredited lab and therefore the certificates are not good for travel.

However, they have organized a local licensed doctor with due accreditation to perform PCR and antigen tests for those guests who need it. That doctor came aboard the day before the end of the cruise and performed the testing for those requiring certificates.

So if you need a travel certificate, they will organize you the option to get that (but at an extra cost). This is optional.

P.S.: Actually, on our cruise, there was a false positive in these PCR tests which caused us to briefly go on quarantine. But I will share more on this in a separate post.