Jamie’s Italian - outdoor seating on Anthem

I’m very excited to be cruising on the beautiful Anthem of the Seas in December and it’s my first time on this class of ship. I cruise solo, and have made several lunch and dinner reservations at Jamie’s Italian.

I’ve notice in videos and pictures that it has an outside dining area, and was wondering if this is to some degree climate controlled, or does it get too hot in there to be comfortable, especially cruising the Caribbean? I thought it would be nice to sit out there and enjoy the view while waiting on the next meal course to be delivered. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

I’m very excited to be cruising on the beautiful Anthem of the Seas in December and it’s my first time on this class of ship. I cruise solo, and have made several lunch and dinner reservations at Jamie’s Italian.

I’ve notice in videos and pictures that it has an outside dining area, and was wondering if this is to some degree climate controlled, or does it get too hot in there to be comfortable, especially cruising the Caribbean? I thought it would be nice to sit out there and enjoy the view while waiting on the next meal course to be delivered. 

Been on her 3 times, dined at Jamie's three times, Outside dining area was never open. Maybe if it's still in port at night? Never was during sea days for dinner outside.

Edited by Moltar

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

If I remember correctly not quite outdoors.   It is covered.   Don't recall it being hot it's been a while.

Edited by njkruzer

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

We have sailed Anthem a bunch of times and had a cabin above the outdoor area of Jamies.  We only saw a large, loud group out there one night at sea.  Other nights, it was not used.

4 minutes ago, matt1 said:

Thank you to everyone for the replies. I may have to report back during the cruise in case anyone else is interested in dining outside.

Thank you.  It's been many years.

Thanks, Jimbo. Very nice picture. Looks like it could get warm in there, and appears that the seating area is only cooled/ventilated by the gentle ocean breeze. I’ll have to check it once onboard, but I do like my creature comforts and prefer air conditioned spaces. Getting old in my old age. LOL 

• Like 1